Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where would you go next...

Options

Comments

was the 330e a 2017?......

Yup, black........ low kms ....... 40K I think..
    Wasn't madly specced or anything but still.

https://www.joeduffy.ie/bmw/used-cars/10996597-bmw-3-series-330e-se-saloon/

eyJrZXkiOiJuZHN0b2NrL2ltYWdlcy9zdG9jay8xZGQ5MjY3YWVlODU2YWFiZDY0OTU1NzY1YjEwM2RmNWRiNmVmNmQxLzI0NTcwNTMyX0tVMTdDU0xfZTZkN2UyNmMzOWVhYzMzMWM0NDQxNzU2YzA5NGM5NzFfMS5qcGciLCJidWNrZXQiOiJhdXRvZnMiLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJyZXNpemUiOnsid2lkdGgiOjc2OCwiaGVpZ2h0Ijo1NzYsImZpdCI6ImNvbnRhaW4iLCJiYWNrZ3JvdW5kIjp7InIiOjI1NSwiZyI6MjU1LCJiIjoyNTUsImFscGhhIjoxfX19fQ==

Car added, I suppose it's a bit meh looking really.

carsfan2 wrote: »
    I wonder what they would let it go for in a couple of months time?
    40k straight sale?

I'd imagine they'd take that in a week or so tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Augeo wrote: »
    Yup, black........ low kms ....... 40K I think..
    Wasn't madly specced or anything but still.

https://www.joeduffy.ie/bmw/used-cars/10996597-bmw-3-series-330e-se-saloon/

eyJrZXkiOiJuZHN0b2NrL2ltYWdlcy9zdG9jay8xZGQ5MjY3YWVlODU2YWFiZDY0OTU1NzY1YjEwM2RmNWRiNmVmNmQxLzI0NTcwNTMyX0tVMTdDU0xfZTZkN2UyNmMzOWVhYzMzMWM0NDQxNzU2YzA5NGM5NzFfMS5qcGciLCJidWNrZXQiOiJhdXRvZnMiLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJyZXNpemUiOnsid2lkdGgiOjc2OCwiaGVpZ2h0Ijo1NzYsImZpdCI6ImNvbnRhaW4iLCJiYWNrZ3JvdW5kIjp7InIiOjI1NSwiZyI6MjU1LCJiIjoyNTUsImFscGhhIjoxfX19fQ==

Car added, I suppose it's a bit meh looking really.

Yeah I wouldnt be mad about that one at all and I think they will be very lucky to sell it for that money or close to it..............

SE, cloth seats, I think some nice stuff is going to come into that 25k bracket very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭galaxy12

Is there any where one can see price drops on used cars ?
    I am after a 17 or 18 reg and prices in the UK seem have dropped quite a bit on auto car ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

galaxy12 wrote: »
    Is there any where one can see price drops on used cars ?
    I am after a 17 or 18 reg and prices in the UK seem have dropped quite a bit on auto car ..

Don't worry about the drop, worry about the price and how much you are willing to pay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,313 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Prices up to now in uk appeared to be set to a point where there was very little room for bargaining.
    While i dont see advertised prices dropping at all at the minute, im sure they will now be more than willing to listen to offers whereas before this its been please f off if you didnt just give them asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I’m pretty sure all car dealers are closed in U.K. now. From what I’ve read on U.K. forums that is the case.
    Unless they have facilities for remote working I can’t see any deals being done and you certainly won’t be able to collect a car. I saw the British police on the news questioning people that we’re out and turning them for home and they are issuing fines too.
    When the lockdown ends, prices will fall for sure though.

I’m pretty sure all car dealers are closed in U.K. now. .........

Indeed, car showrooms ordered to close.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Yeah I wouldnt be mad about that one at all and I think they will be very lucky to sell it for that money or close to it..............

SE, cloth seats, I think some nice stuff is going to come into that 25k bracket very soon

That car really shows the necessity of the M Sport pack in a BMW, they just look so much better, inside and out. It's as dull as ditchwater without it. M Sports have better seats and I much prefer the thicker steering wheel you get in them, too. Obviously there is stiffer suspension so you get a car that drives more like a BMW should, too.

Even going back as far as the E39 and E46, the facelifted versions of those cars still look fresh in the Sport/M Sport spec, just the registration plate gives the game away, but the standard models (especially the pre-facelift) remind you that these cars came out between 22 and 25 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Yup. 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭maddness

hooch-85 wrote: »

Yeah great value but zero effort from the seller, pictures and rubbish and he could have given it a vacuum at least. Mind you if you can buy it for €31500 it’s a serious bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I'd say it's a guy who is stuck for cash or being ordered to sell it by SWMBO

• Registered Users Posts: 23,313 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

hooch-85 wrote: »
    I'd say it's a guy who is stuck for cash or being ordered to sell it by SWMBO

No saying there is any issue with this car but given the state we are in, people would need to be very careful re outstanding finance if buying private right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Wailin

Haha, had to google that one hooch!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Wailin wrote: »
    Haha, had to google that one hooch!

I didn't and I'm single :D

That’s too cheap and the ad is shocking.
    Anybody that runs a 530d x drive m sport is going to be into and knowledgeable about cars.
    Car not cleaned and the full spec not listed makes me even more wary.
    On the other hand, these are strange scary times so maybe it’s all legit and seller just wants it gone and cash in hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

He needs a van and is selling speakers and stuff, not exactly the best time to be going into the events/dj business :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I remember seeing that car for sale on dd a number of weeks back before all this craziness took off, it was similarly priced back then which raised a red flag with me at the time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

In order to sell a car like that privately how much below dealer pricing would you have to be? There are 520d same age lower mileage from dealers at that price, granted a different proposition but I imagine anything over 10/ 15k is going to be a hard sell private

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

It's interesting though that when an ad comes up for something below market value people become suspicious that something is wrong. Maybe there is, and obviously do your due diligence but no more so than you would for anything else.

I had an unusual vehicle for sale about 5 years ago, and took the opposite approach and put it up for a lot more than it was worth. It was a hard thing to put a book value on as it was made in the 70s. Sure enough it sold, and I think it was because the guy buying it had a budget and mine was at that price point. If I had put it up for much less, some people would think it was a lemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭maddness

vintagevrs wrote: »
    It's interesting though that when an ad comes up for something below market value people become suspicious that something is wrong. Maybe there is, and obviously do your due diligence but no more so than you would for anything else.

I had an unusual vehicle for sale about 5 years ago, and took the opposite approach and put it up for a lot more than it was worth. It was a hard thing to put a book value on as it was made in the 70s. Sure enough it sold, and I think it was because the guy buying it had a budget and mine was at that price point. If I had put it up for much less, some people would think it was a lemon.

I must try that when selling next car!

Played around a bit on the BMW website today and noticed there is now a m340D x drive available.
    Same performance as the M340i but lower co2 figures so should have lower list prices.
    Also they have changed the configurator to the same style as the UK one which is a bit clunky and convoluted in my opinion.
    No prices either. You have to configure a car and then request prices back from a dealer. I wonder is this the start of something new in the way they retail?

Probably don't want to frighten initial interest off by revealing the price too early. I'd let someone else buy it and take the heavy depreciation hit over the first few years.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Probably don't want to frighten initial interest off by revealing the price too early. I'd let someone else buy it and take the heavy depreciation hit over the first few years.

I meant no prices for any model of car you configure.
    Maybe it’s a Work in progress.
    The m 340d is not up for configuration yet but is suggested available April 2020 under the m cars.
    I agree though let someone else take the hit on a car like that.

I'm going to get an obd scanner out of sheer boredom to tinker with the bmw lads. Any suggestion on the best one for the job? Carly seems to be very popular. What about the bluetooth scanners with bimmercode? I know you've to pay €35 for the full bimmercode app. I don't mind spending a few bob on a good scanner.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Wailin wrote: »
    I'm going to get an obd scanner out of sheer boredom to tinker with the bmw lads. Any suggestion on the best one for the job? Carly seems to be very popular. What about the bluetooth scanners with bimmercode? I know you've to pay €35 for the full bimmercode app. I don't mind spending a few bob on a good scanner.

BimmerCode and BimmerLink with Veepeak Bluetooth Adapter

Will that run a diagnostic check on faults as well MM?

What about something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07S924SHC/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_c31HEbDWS817R

I meant no prices for any model of car you configure.
    Maybe it’s a Work in progress.
    The m 340d is not up for configuration yet but is suggested available April 2020 under the m cars.
    I agree though let someone else take the hit on a car like that.

Don't new car prices traditionally get revised every March or April? With pretty much everything shut I'd say it just hasn't been done yet. I doubt they will be dropping anyway when they do get updated.

• Advertisement

Carly is pretty good for reading BMW fault codes:

https://www.mycarly.com/brands/bmw/

Advertisement