Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon’s Biggest Ever Deals Event

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Lads if I add things to my wish list will it alert me if they're on sale?

No. You have to watch for it to come up and then move it to your basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

With the sterling rate are these really bargains this year for us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Joziburg wrote: »
    With the sterling rate are these really bargains this year for us

It's a bit of a kick in the teeth at the moment alright.
    The French and German sites might be worth a shot, the paper white is €99 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

What's the Chrome extension that compares the prices of the various Amazons (Spanish, German etc)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Tusky wrote: »
    What's the Chrome extension that compares the prices of the various Amazons (Spanish, German etc)?

Is it The Camelizer, not at a PC so can't check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

Lads any advice on how to get a TV from amazon.de to Ireland when it won't ship to Ireland or the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Google mailbox.de.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Some people have used mailboxde (I haven't used it myself).
    I think you can get a quote from them for how mush they will charge. Just check the dimensions of the packed item on the amazon page and work from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

handy for comparing prices on amazon: http://heidoc.net/amazon/amazon_global_check.php

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

Possedion wrote: »
    handy for comparing prices on amazon: http://heidoc.net/amazon/amazon_global_check.php

www.curiua.com is probably the best site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭varuka

Lads any advice on how to get a TV from amazon.de to Ireland when it won't ship to Ireland or the UK?

If you buy an amazon.de telly through their warehouse deals then they will ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

varuka wrote: »
    If you buy an amazon.de telly through their warehouse deals then they will ship to Ireland.

Second hand, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭varuka

Second hand, right?
    Yes and Warehouse rejects... The one i got just had scratches on the box... wasn't opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

the Amazon Fire TV stick sale expected on Friday, when will that be available usually? 9am our time or is there any particular time the norm?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Is it ok to ship firesticks to Parcel Motel / Parcel Wizard?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Is it ok to ship firesticks to Parcel Motel / Parcel Wizard?
    yup. thats how i got one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

When buying from amazon should I pay in Euros or sterling?

Euros

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Doge wrote: »
    Dont pay in Amazons Euro rates. They give poor exchange rates.

And your bank charges you approximately 3% on top of the fair exchange rate...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

grogi wrote: »

Unless you use a Revolut card! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Mine charges 1.75%. So not sure which is better, still the bank probably.

• Advertisement

podge018 wrote: »
    the Amazon Fire TV stick sale expected on Friday, when will that be available usually? 9am our time or is there any particular time the norm?

anybody?

I'm just worried I'll miss it and they'll be out of stock. Would nearly rather buy now than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Euros

Are you saying that you should pay in euros on amazon, and that the bank charges 3% more on that fair exchange rate??
    Im confused.

Personally I pay the sterling rate, and take the bank charge. not sure where the 3 % comes from, but it still seems better to me. IMO it works out cheaper than the amazon euro rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

anybody?

I'm just worried I'll miss it and they'll be out of stock. Would nearly rather buy now than that.

They normally do a full day sale for those, but i'm not sure if they have a limited amount of stock or not, I dont think they do.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Just checked out my last amazon purchase: £71.98
    Amazon split this up into two orders when charging me as I ordered two items (may be because they split my order in two either to ship it faster).
    £62.99 + £8.99

For the first charge:
    Amazon total charge in euro: €92.72
    Bank charge in euro (€90.15) + fee (€1.57): €91.72

So on £63 you save €1 by using the bank to convert.

Now my bank has either a 1.75% charge on conversion or a minimum of €0.46 that applies. For the second charge this applied:

Second charge:
    Amazon total charge in euro: €13.23
    Bank charge in euro (€12.88) + fee (€0.46): €13.34

On £8.99 amazon converting saved €0.11.

Total difference was €0.89 cheaper using the bank. If buying loads of small items Amazon may be better, buying a big item, the bank.
    That is if it is usual for amazon to charge independently for items, if not then always use the bank.

Paddy_man wrote: »
    They normally do a full day sale for those, but i'm not sure if they have a limited amount of stock or not, I dont think they do.

what time does a full day start at though, 9am?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Just checked out my last amazon purchase: £71.98
    Amazon split this up into two orders when charging me as I ordered two items (may be because they split my order in two either to ship it faster).
    £62.99 + £8.99

For the first charge:
    Amazon total charge in euro: €92.72
    Bank charge in euro (€90.15) + fee (€1.57): €91.72

So on £63 you save €1 by using the bank to convert.

Now my bank has either a 1.75% charge on conversion or a minimum of €0.46 that applies. For the second charge this applied:

Second charge:
    Amazon total charge in euro: €13.23
    Bank charge in euro (€12.88) + fee (€0.46): €13.34

On £8.99 amazon converting saved €0.11.

Total difference was €0.89 cheaper using the bank. If buying loads of small items Amazon may be better, buying a big item, the bank.
    That is if it is usual for amazon to charge independently for items, if not then always use the bank.

use revolut charge no conversion charge.

save yourself the full lot :)

How does it work? Any cost involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

How does it work? Any cost involved?

no cost. just download the app, open an account (use code MSE for a free 5er) get a virtual mastercard(and physical card if you want) and great exchange rates will follow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

what time does a full day start at though, 9am?

Around 6/7 am IIRC. Could be even earlier this year!

I would imagine that they'll honour all Fire Stick /TV orders. They only thing that might be affected is availability - maybe the later in the day you order, the longer the dispatch time due to available stock levels.
    So if you already know that you're buying one then buy it as soon as you can once the sale has gone live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,279 ✭✭✭✭ted1

listermint wrote: »
    use revolut charge no conversion charge.

save yourself the full lot :)

what address does the card use? does it get pass the sites that don't allow you to pay with an Irish credit card e.g ITUNES in the US

Advertisement