Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon’s Biggest Ever Deals Event

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

with amazon lightning always strikes twice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Where have you been returning to?

On amazon uk I've had to pay to return things unless the goods were faulty, and even then I had to pay and later recoup postage charges back from amazon. Sometimes they send you a postage paid label but it can say that they'll deduct 7 euro from your account for charges if goods are not found to be faulty.

Are you using Amazon fulfilled or prime I never use any other supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,688 ✭✭✭ablelocks

one tip in case people don't know about it :

if there's something in particular that you have your eye on, put a camelizer alert on it and you will get the alert if it is scheduled to be on the lightening deal list - most of the lightening deals are posted the evening/night before so using camel means you won't miss out.

the page layout doesn't do them any favours.

the new and "improved" page layout, accessed by clicking "todays deals" in the top bar, is ****.

for the normal, easier, faster, better and timelined view, click on the "black friday deals week" graphic or link.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

ablelocks wrote: »
    the new and "improved" page layout, accessed by clicking "todays deals" in the top bar, is ****.

for the normal, easier, faster, better and timelined view, click on the "black friday deals week" graphic or link.
    I get the same page with both links. Last years page was much much easier to see, especially when you know what deals are coming up and when

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

If you go to the Cyber Monday Deals page, it gives all the deals in the old bar format and much faster to scroll through. No logic!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 lightgrey

one tip in case people don't know about it :

if there's something in particular that you have your eye on, put a camelizer alert on it and you will get the alert if it is scheduled to be on the lightening deal list - most of the lightening deals are posted the evening/night before so using camel means you won't miss out.

Thanks for this. Am I right in saying that this only pulls data from publicly shared wish lists and not from private lists?

lightgrey wrote: »
    Thanks for this. Am I right in saying that this only pulls data from publicly shared wish lists and not from private lists?

I don't think it pulls data from any wish lists...

install the extension (firefox and chrome browsers only). When you're in an amazon page, you'll see the camelizer box in the browser bar. Click this on a product you want to get an alert on, insert the price you would pay and if/when it reaches that price you will get an email from camel. The only data it shows is the pricing history for that product for both amazon and third party sellers.

TheDriver wrote: »
    I get the same page with both links. Last years page was much much easier to see, especially when you know what deals are coming up and when

i get the 2 different pages (and the second link is the same as last years). It may be something to do with cookies and/or what browser you're using.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Just a heads-up for tomorrow's Lightning Deals. At this stage they appear to be real Lightning Deals, with a new batch of deals every 10/20 mins. May be of interest to some folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

Some good deals on amazon.de tomorrow.

Right now this Sandisk SSD Plus 120GB drive is €36.90 from amazon france:

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00S9Q9UKS?ref_=gb1h_tit_m-4_1087_3179a405&smid=A1X6FK5RDHNB96

22 hours left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Not a techie but what's the benefit of a ssd?
    I have a 4 year old laptop only used for browsing the net and the odd old game?

Would I benefit anything from getting the above drive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

crasy dash wrote: »

Biggest improvement you could make really, keep the HDD you have in it at the min for storage and the ssd for Windows.

crasy dash wrote: »

Depends really on how impatient you are when it comes to loading things!

I'm happy out with my 5400 rpm 500gb drive in my laptop that I swapped from my PS4, since I clean installed Windows 10.

Huge improvement in startup and shutdown times over Windows 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭cocaliquid

wow you have to be trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Been waiting for the XL air fryer to go down. €159 + shipping if anyone's interested. Big discount over what you'd pay here or in the UK.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00BS97UUA?ref_=gb1h_tit_c-4_2707_e0aca09c&smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF
    Starts in 11 minutes.

Says 93% of them were reserved by prime early access members. I hope I get one..

edit: Now gone to 100% reserved and the open sale hasn't even started. F*ck. :mad:

double edit: Got one for €177 delivered. €57 off. Nice! Did some more research in the 15 mins I had to decide. Cheapest place in the UK is amazon who charge €291. Can't find any Irish stores selling it. Very happy with that saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Oat23 wrote: »
    Been waiting for the XL air fryer to go down. €159 + shipping if anyone's interested. Big discount over what you'd pay here or in the UK.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00BS97UUA?ref_=gb1h_tit_c-4_2707_e0aca09c&smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF
    Starts in 11 minutes.

Says 93% of them were reserved by prime early access members. I hope I get one..

edit: Now gone to 100% reserved and the open sale hasn't even started. F*ck. :mad:

double edit: Got one for €177 delivered. €57 off. Nice! Did some more research in the 15 mins I had to decide. Cheapest place in the UK is amazon who charge €291. Can't find any Irish stores selling it. Very happy with that saving.

It will come with a EU plug since it's from Germany. Since this needs high power, and EU UK adapter will probably not work, how will you fix this?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Amouar wrote: »
    It will come with a EU plug since it's from Germany. Since this needs high power, and EU UK adapter will probably not work, how will you fix this?

Surely just snip the cable and add a 3 pin plug no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

James Bond - 23 Film Collection on bluray is £39.99 on Amazon today.

As with everything on there it would be a far better bargain if the €/£ rate were better but still pretty good for the bluray set.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

vicwatson wrote: »
    Surely just snip the cable and add a 3 pin plug no?

I bought a 1200W pizza maker from amazon.it that works fine with an adapter that is fitted with a 13A fuse. This should be fine with the same adapter since the machine is 2100W and 13A is good to 3000W, but changing the plug shouldn't be too difficult either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

CH3OH wrote: »
    Generally the rate charged by your card provider is better than the rate offered by amazon

Marginally, I did a comparison a few years back. Depending on the bank they will also have a minimum currency conversion fee.

It is much more beneficial to be charged in your card's currency if you need to return anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sburn

Anyone any opinions on the Asus transformer book on .co.uk for £149, looking for laptop for a 12 year old for basic usage, seems a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

A quality adapter supports up to 13A, as much as typical wiring in German houses... It is almost 3kW, you'll be fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

sburn wrote: »
    Anyone any opinions on the Asus transformer book on .co.uk for £149, looking for laptop for a 12 year old for basic usage, seems a good deal.

I'm sure everyone will complain about the 2Gb RAM. If its basic usage and browsing (no games), it might be fine for a 12 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

sburn wrote: »

I have 2 of them sitting by my desk in work. They're both broken. I've had dealings with 4 of them and all 4 have had hardware problems.

Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Studio Monitor Professional Headphones - £88.38 / €125

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HVLUR86/?tag=ho01f-21

Thats their lowest price ever on Amazon, non lightning deal also.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭jamesbil

Anyone bought Drink from Amazon? A few whiskey deals on at the moment..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

jamesbil wrote: »
    Anyone bought Drink from Amazon? A few whiskey deals on at the moment..

They dont deliver any glass bottled products outside of UK mainland

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭dodzy

NATLOR wrote: »
    They dont deliver any glass bottled products outside of UK mainland

Parcel Wizard...if you were determined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

dodzy wrote: »
    Parcel Wizard...if you were determined.

Their address is NI they wont ship there either AFAIK

Advertisement