Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon’s Biggest Ever Deals Event

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭jamesbil

NATLOR wrote: »
    They dont deliver any glass bottled products outside of UK mainland

Parcel Motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

There is 10% off all items in their warehouse deals section until 30/11, discount is taken off automatically at the checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

jamesbil wrote: »
    Parcel Motel?

Northern Ireland isn't considered "mainland UK" AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭dodzy

NATLOR wrote: »
    Their address is NI they wont ship there either AFAIK
    Yeah, you're correct. For some reason, I thought they had a UK mainland address, but as it turns out, its up North, as is PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Picked up the Pebble earlier for £49.. great price!

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »

What is a Pebble, exactly? Damn these tempting prices.

Its a smart-watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

If you don't know what it is ,then you definitely do not need it :P

keep your money in your pocket for when you do need it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Compared to last 2 years where I would have plenty picked out on lightning deals, its fairly crap this year with lots of plain rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

You could have gone to the beach and pocked more of than one for free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

You could have gone to the beach and pocked more of than one for free :)
    The calibre of jokes this year is about as good as the deals! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

The calibre of jokes this year is about as good as the deals! ;)

Thanks......I think ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

ablelocks wrote: »
    one tip in case people don't know about it :

if there's something in particular that you have your eye on, put a camelizer alert on it and you will get the alert if it is scheduled to be on the lightening deal list - most of the lightening deals are posted the evening/night before so using camel means you won't miss out.
    I did this yesterday on a couple of items but didn't get any alert that it was a lightning deal or that the price dropped?

Thanks......I think ;)
    I think Basq was referring to the mainly poor deals we have seen up to this point while he was drawing comparisons to your 'beach' joke :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

barneyrub wrote: »
    I did this yesterday on a couple of items but didn't get any alert that it was a lightning deal or that the price dropped?

I had a camecamelcamel email alert set up for that anker speaker and got no alert for the lighning deal. I don't think it can detect lightning deals atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Northern Ireland isn't considered "mainland UK" AFAIK.
    FWIW, Parcel Motel won't accept deliveries of glass bottles, I've tried to get a case of wine from the UK shipped through NI before and PM rejected it.

If they're being shipped in plastic containers you might get away with it though. But their T's and C's don't allow alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

The Amazon deals are not as great as they appear to be at first. If you look at the discount percentage you'd think you are getting a great bargain. That percentage is off the RRP and not the price Amazon normally charges.

I was just looking at an item that was marked 25% off. It worked out at 45p. See pricing below.

RRP: £9.99
    Price: £7.98
    Deal Price: £7.53 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20.
    You Save: £2.46 (25%)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,279 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Does anyone now a Parcel motel type thing that will get amazon.de to deliver to?

I Need to get 2 of the their kids tablets. they are 99.99 (140 euro) on the UK site and only 119 euro on the .de site.

it say they won't deliver to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

ted1 wrote: »
    Does anyone now a Parcel motel type thing that will get amazon.de to deliver to?

I Need to get 2 of the their kids tablets. they are 99.99 (140 euro) on the UK site and only 119 euro on the .de site.

Usually on Amazon.de for products that they won't deliver to Ireland, they will deliver to the UK. Put in your Parcel Motel address and I reckon they will deliver there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

There's mailbox.de but hardly worth the hassle, if you buy from UK keep an eye on the price if its reduced in next 30 days which is almost guaranteed customer service will refund the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭pah

Am I right in saying that we can see the price the deal is going to be as it says "Prime early access" and shows the discount? This wasn't the case before if I recall last year - frantically hitting the add to basket button as the deal price was revealed?

There's a 960GB SSD coming up, wonder what kind of discount it might get

Edit £149 35% off about €212 very tempted

link

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭ablelocks

barneyrub wrote: »
    Doge wrote: »
    I had a camecamelcamel email alert set up for that anker speaker and got no alert for the lighning deal. I don't think it can detect lightning deals atm.

yeah same for me. I did get pre-alerts previously for lightening deals so assumed it would be the same this time around too. I've set up a couple more for today so will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭brophs

I've had a look and couldn't see anything so I'll ask here. Has there been any mention of any Bluetooth headphones being reduced? Also, are the best discounts on Black Friday itself, or is it all much of a muchness?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

From hotukdeals:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product
    /B009W1Q66K?tag=hotukdealsev-21

Power line adapters (500 Mbps twin pack) for 12 pounds. Managed to get a pair but they will run out quickly.

Edit: Can't get the link to work correctly so just copy paste the whole link

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

seamus wrote: »
    FWIW, Parcel Motel won't accept deliveries of glass bottles, I've tried to get a case of wine from the UK shipped through NI before and PM rejected it.

If they're being shipped in plastic containers you might get away with it though. But their T's and C's don't allow alcohol.

Perhaps parcel wizard would though as it's just DPD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭pah

pah wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that we can see the price the deal is going to be as it says "Prime early access" and shows the discount? This wasn't the case before if I recall last year - frantically hitting the add to basket button as the deal price was revealed?

There's a 960GB SSD coming up, wonder what kind of discount it might get

Edit £149 35% off about €212 very tempted

link

Pulled the trigger on this had a £10 promotional discount applied at checkout also :D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Think I want most on there at the moment is peanut butter. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Think I want most on there at the moment is peanut butter. :D

Holland and Barretts buy 1 get one half price is probably cheaper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

ted1 wrote: »

Which tablets are they?

Advertisement