Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon’s Biggest Ever Deals Event

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Anybody get their Cloud Storage yet? My order is still processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Disappointed, was keeping an eye out for a deal on a surround sound system but there was nothing tempting enough. Looks like I'll be waiting until the January sales!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B003S9VW8E/ref=mp_s_a_1_43?qid=1448829395&sr=8-43&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=surround+sound&dpPl=1&dpID=41PPnwiPo1L&ref=plSrch

Looks decent...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,279 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Disappointed, was keeping an eye out for a deal on a surround sound system but there was nothing tempting enough. Looks like I'll be waiting until the January sales!

Do you look at the richer sound forum? They had great deals.
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057527691/1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,279 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

ted1 wrote: »

All they did was that open box thread, ya don't know what sort of abuse your item may have got, other than that nothing of note that couldn't be got elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Any idea if there will be any decent deals tomorrow for Cyber Monday? Last year I cleaned up with the Lightening Deals. It sorted me for Christmas and some birthdays in January and February, as well as a handful of memory cards and £250~ worth of fountain pens for £115. This year I picked up a Lumia 640 that was about €100 and some dog toys I was planning on buying anyway with about €4/5 off the price. Most of the offers looked like junk that Amazon could not shift...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

£250~ worth of fountain pens for £115
    :eek:

One boardies junk is another boardies bargain.

:eek:

One boardies junk is another boardies bargain.

Fine writing equipment is a true personal indulgence :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Any idea if there will be any decent deals tomorrow for Cyber Monday? Last year I cleaned up with the Lightening Deals. It sorted me for Christmas and some birthdays in January and February, as well as a handful of memory cards and £250~ worth of fountain pens for £115. This year I picked up a Lumia 640 that was about €100 and some dog toys I was planning on buying anyway with about €4/5 off the price. Most of the offers looked like junk that Amazon could not shift...

A Lumia 640 for 100 euro is a great deal. I got a Blu win HD for 50 pounds as I want to try out Windows phone but I would have spent the extra on the Lumia.

A Lumia 640 for 100 euro is a great deal. I got a Blu win HD for 50 pounds as I want to try out Windows phone but I would have spent the extra on the Lumia.

I purchased the Lumia on Thursday morning, IIRC. It was £79.99 unlocked. Parcel Wizard are delivering it in the morning! Picked it up to use as a work phone, wanted to try out Win10 mobile before asking for a 940XL when our new phones roll out in February. The 640 is about €150 in Argos unlocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I have the 640xl and its massive, not sure would I get it again. 640 lovely phone, have one for work

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

You realise that's just the speakers right?

Oops, so it is.... :)

Daaaaaagnnnamit!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

mrcheez wrote: »
    Snuck in a quick purchase of a Yamaha Yas-93 for £99 (well £101.48 after Amazon EU Sarl had their way with it!)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KBVVEGW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
    PM or similar I assume? None of the sellers send here.

sorry for late reply... no it's direct to Ireland.

It was sold by Yamaha and bizarrely will be delivered on Tuesday! That was quick!

Richer Sounds are selling for £99 plus £6.99 delivery which works out cheaper than the current £109 (http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200599-yas93-black.aspx)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Some seriously good deals on there, much better than Amazon ... I am sorry I hadn't seen that thread before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭corkie

SanDisk Ultra Fit 128 GB USB Flash Drive USB 3.0 up to 130MB/s

Down to £22.99 from £31.95 and eligible for free delivery.

Lightning Deal and 100% Claimed by 17:05.
    and Deal has now ended!

Lowest price available when checked with CamelCamel

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭jeffk

Wouldn't buy anything off amazon if its likely to be damaged en route.

Waiting on a third ssd to come as they don't believe in listening to customers or using bubblewrap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭corkie

jeffk wrote: »
    Wouldn't buy anything off amazon if its likely to be damaged en route.

Waiting on a third ssd to come as they don't believe in listening to customers or using bubblewrap

I had a USB stick with the connector crushed in transit, was quickly replaced and return shipping was paid by the supplier.

You've been unlucky to have the same item damaged twice previously.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

corkie wrote: »
    I had a USB stick with the connector crushed in transit, was quickly replaced and return shipping was paid by the supplier.

You've been unlucky to have the same item damaged twice previously.

Even more unlucky the day before Christmas eve that my present has disappeared, Amazon said be here 17th, An post don't know where it is.

Id have been better off asking Amazon to post it to the returns place and drive there myself

Makes you wonder about the savings versus physically going in and buying the item hassle free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Even more unlucky the day before Christmas eve that my present has disappeared, Amazon said be here 17th, An post don't know where it is.

Id have been better off asking Amazon to post it to the returns place and drive there myself

Makes you wonder about the savings versus physically going in and buying the item hassle free

Between this and your SSD packaging debacle I think you should knock the ol' internet shopping on the head. :p

VeVeX wrote: »
    Between this and your SSD packaging debacle I think you should knock the ol' internet shopping on the head. :p

Lol, pitting there's so much of a gap between online and retail.

Thats what I get for treating myself to a bigger SSD, should have known better :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I got a 250 pound sterling voucher for Amazon yesterday. Much shopping will commence in the sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Lol, pitting there's so much of a gap between online and retail.

Thats what I get for treating myself to a bigger SSD, should have known better :pac:

Out of hundreds items bought on Amazon around five came damaged in transit, and around twenty got lost during shipping (actually before being shipped - never reached the carrier).

You are super-unlucky or your postman does not like you...

grogi wrote: »
    Out of hundreds items bought on Amazon around five came damaged in transit, and around twenty got lost during shipping (actually before being shipped - never reached the carrier).

You are super-unlucky or your postman does not like you...

The SSD box and Amzon envelope was damaged, so it was between not being happy with that after paying €120 and risking a hard drive fail down the line(didn't realize how easy Amazon are to deal with or Id have chanced it)

Our usual postman is great, makes an effort to put our post under a doormat in the porch, well ever since batteries I ordered from Groupon only to receive a torn envelope sans batteries(again poor packaging didn't help, that or someone needed batteries)

Advertisement