Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Q

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Was just searching for Super vet on the sky q silver box, when I accidentally typed 't' twice and a configuration menu came up. It works with just 'vett' also. To replicate it I had to type 'vet' with the keys on the remote, then pressed the touch pad, then the menue comes up. Not sure what use it is . it looks like it might be configuration of the UI. Have attached photo of the top level of this menu.

I wonder if you set the country to UK would you get the UK epg? Maybe with a dns tweak.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Nsewell

Was just searching for Super vet on the sky q silver box, when I accidentally typed 't' twice and a configuration menu came up. It works with just 'vett' also. To replicate it I had to type 'vet' with the keys on the remote, then pressed the touch pad, then the menue comes up. Not sure what use it is . it looks like it might be configuration of the UI. Have attached photo of the top level of this menu.

Can you go to Settings > System Info and tell me your boxes Software Version please.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 owensheehan

Nsewell wrote: »
    Can you go to Settings > System Info and tell me your boxes Software Version please.

Q001.002.49.12U (4ljpknk) is the software version.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 owensheehan

jca wrote: »
    I wonder if you set the country to UK would you get the UK epg? Maybe with a dns tweak.

I just checked and it's already set to UK. The only other options are Germany and Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Nsewell

Q001.002.49.12U (4ljpknk) is the software version.

Thanks, can you have a go at following the instructions here to update the box to Q001.003.21.05L http://www.sky.com/help/articles/manually-update-sky-q-box-software

Then once updated see if you can still replicate what was happening.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

Nsewell wrote: »
    Thanks, can you have a go at following the instructions here to update the box to Q001.003.21.05L http://www.sky.com/help/articles/manually-update-sky-q-box-software

Then once updated see if you can still replicate what was happening.

Sky Fibre Broadband is going up in price after the opening 12months cheap monthly price.

So the basic Sky Q tv package is 55euros for TV and another 55euros for sky fibre broadband. That is 110euros per month. A massive cost for the same TV channels that mostly have repeats on them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

ftakeith wrote: »
    55euros for sky fibre broadband.

€55 is for new customers only. Existing customers will only pay €50 a month after the twelve months.

€55 is for new customers only. Existing customers will only pay €50 a month after the twelve months.

I phoned Sky today, the sky agent told me after my first 12 months, its €55 per month

I am glad I have no sky tv for the cheaper sky alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

ftakeith wrote:
    I am glad I have no sky tv

Me too. I couldn't listen to anymore talk about "boxed" sets from you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Me too. I couldn't listen to anymore talk about "boxed" sets from you.

tbh given the username...

Im expecting a story arc worthy of a box set

Go Sky woohoo best thing ever, their BB is good...... season 2.. cancelled Sky they are sooooo expensive... season 3 go saorview

• Advertisement

Go Sky woohoo best thing ever, their BB is good...... season 2.. cancelled Sky they are sooooo expensive... season 3 go saorview

I have the so called new features from Sky Q legally for next to nothing:
    Vevo
    Youtube
    Pause in one room and return from where it paused
    Fluid TV
    the so called new Multi-room box

Sky TV and Sky Q are a rip off

90% of those Sky TV channels from the entertainment channels are mostly repeats

Sky Q is just an expensive version of Now TV, its the same product wrapped up with expensive hardware

That is why I predict Sky TV is going up in a few months as the Broadband is going up

I don't mind keeping Sky fibre Broadband as its very good

• Registered Users Posts: 45,946 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thats some gift you have heli. You predicted what someone would post a full hour before they done so :pac:

muffler wrote: »
    Thats some gift you have heli. You predicted what someone would post a full hour before they done so :pac:

I noticed Sky Ireland reps on boards.ie did not explain why sky broadband is going up

• Registered Users Posts: 45,946 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Nope!. Not yet anyhow.

muffler wrote: »
    Nope!. Not yet anyhow.

Sky Q's high costs and increases costs for TV content are linked to the slight increase for sky fibre broadband

Sky TV subscribers with the original bundle in SD will subscribe to the sky boxed sets as Sky are pushing more of new TV content from one episode per week or to see the whole series straight away.

Sky Q's sporting content will push up the costs in the future as live sport in Ultra HD is very expensive to produce

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭lertsnim

ftakeith wrote: »
    I have the so called new features from Sky Q legally for next to nothing:
    Vevo
    Youtube
    Pause in one room and return from where it paused
    Fluid TV
    the so called new Multi-room box

Sky TV and Sky Q are a rip off

90% of those Sky TV channels from the entertainment channels are mostly repeats

Sky Q is just an expensive version of Now TV, its the same product wrapped up with expensive hardware

That is why I predict Sky TV is going up in a few months as the Broadband is going up

I don't mind keeping Sky fibre Broadband as its very good

Nobody cares

At least I am allowed to air my views here on Sky Q

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Yes, but we will have a problem if you keep mentioning Now TV when you were told not to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭mossie

Got Sky Q Installed today but can't figure out how can I download a full series of a box set without having to select each one individually?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

mossie wrote: »
    Got Sky Q Installed today but can't figure out how can I download a full series of a box set without having to select each one individually?

Each one individually, expect that update to happen pretty sharpish

• Advertisement

Each one individually, expect that update to happen pretty sharpish

I thought I was overlooking something but it appears not so...

mossie wrote: »
    I thought I was overlooking something but it appears not so...

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057554301/23

Early issues with Sky Q

Apparently it's coming in the next update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭12Phase

Got it installed today.
    It's pretty good to be honest.

I'd sum it up as Horizon, except it actually works properly!

Fairly intuitive (not perfect), does what it's supposed to do and makes all the on-demand content a hell of a lot more accessible.

So far, no issues at all really other than a bit of a shock that it doesn't work on large-format mobile phones which is a bit disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Has anyone got it installed with multiroom yet? I'm just wondering how fluid it is when watching on another TV? Any delays/buffering vs. the main box?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chocolate girl

Has anyone got it installed with multiroom yet? I'm just wondering how fluid it is when watching on another TV? Any delays/buffering vs. the main box?

So far so good no delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

So far so good no delays.

And the mini box displays 1080p (full HD) also?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I will never sign up for Sky Q but in the future will new customers be forced to sign up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chocolate girl

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭winston_1

Well no. There are no 1080p broadcasts so it is just deinterlacing which your TV will do anyway. Best to leave it on 1080i and let the TV do the work.

Advertisement