Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stretched earlobes ....horrible

Options
  • 14-11-2015 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

program on RTE 2 now about irish people on the dole
    and theres this girl with multiple piercings and these hideous
    earlobe stretching things

how does this girl expect anybody to employ her

image below is not same as girl on RTE2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

She won't be using the earlobes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

...and?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

lanos wrote: »

What job do you use your earlobes in? They can't do manual labour, it work, office work? They are useless anyway...

I forgot it was incorrect in this country to express yourself through your appearance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭TheNobleKipper

I hope employers focus on skills rather than ear lobes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

image below is not same as girl on RTE2

They're not for stretching earlobes, they're placeholders for a cock.

Joking aside, I wouldn't consider someone unemployable solely based on their jewellery. It'd depend entirely on what industry she would like to work in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭The Dogs Bollix

Here we go again. A dole thread

Some people don't need piercings
    Some people don't need tattoos
    Some people don't smoke
    Some people don't drink
    Etc
    Etc

And it doesn't make a blind bit of difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I have stretched earlobes (admittedly only 10mm) , tattoos and piercings. Never had any trouble with them at work.

Here we go again. A dole thread

Some people don't need piercings
    Some people don't need tattoos
    Some people don't smoke
    Some people don't drink
    Etc
    Etc

And it doesn't make a blind bit of difference

No it isn't.

vagazzled wrote: »
    Have you nothing else to start a thread about?
    A Saturday night and you are having a go at a young 20 year old girl who at least got a job (no mean feat in this economy if you are young without exp & qualifications.) Ok, she lost it- she didn't organise her 9 mile bus commute, but she will learn from the mistake.
    Your type are a dying breed, thank fook.
    Friday night ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Nice enough looking girl.

I'm sure someone out there would love to ride the ears off her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭TheNobleKipper

They're not for stretching earlobes, they're placeholders for a cock.

A small cock it'd be, in all fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I have a few facial piercings and I take them out for interviews but I worked as a receptionist in a solicitor's office for two years and my piercings were never an issue, whatever jewellery I have does not interfere with my ability to do a job. I admit that I am not a big fan of tunnels myself but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

She couldn't work with food products with those rings in and without them the ear looks hideous.
    Probably a lot of customer related positions that they wouldn't be appropriate for.
    Some supermarkets don't allow jewellery either I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

You know what my attitude is? I don't like stretched earlobes, so I didn't get my earlobes stretched. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Idiots.

What happens when they go out of fashion? Do they just get left with huge drooping earlobes hanging off the ears? Sounds like a surgical repair.

Always thought there's money to be made in the future in tattoo removal and the likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Ear sex made possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

What is it they say? every hole is a goal? :D

kneemos wrote: »
    She couldn't work with food products with those rings in and without them the ear looks hideous.
    Probably a lot of customer related positions that they wouldn't be appropriate for.
    Some supermarkets don't allow jewellery either I think.

You're right about the supermarkets alright, but a person can get reconstructive surgery done to close the holes if they want.

To suggest that tunnels (didn't know they were called that) would mean someone was unemployable though as the OP has done is just silly. They should have qualified that they wouldn't employ that person. I would sooner employ someone based on their qualifications first, their personality second, and they could have just landed from Mars for all I care after that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Jocking handles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭lanos

Joking aside, I wouldn't consider someone unemployable solely based on their jewellery. It'd depend entirely on what industry she would like to work in.

ok if this girl approached you looking for advice
    she was worried that her appearance would put off potential employers

A. would you advise her to remove the 'jewellery' and get reconstructive surgery for the gaping holes in her lobes
    or
    B. provide a list of occupations she could reasonably aspire to that would be accepting of her alternative look

if B, then can you provide us with a sample of suggested careers

A. would you advise her to remove the 'jewellery' and get reconstructive surgery for the gaping holes in her lobes
    or
    B. provide a list of occupations she could reasonably aspire to that would be accepting of her alternative look

C. I'd ask her what jobs she was interested in herself, then take a look at her CV to see what experience and qualifications she had, and what experience and qualifications she might need to get into the career she was interested in, and advise her on that basis, before I'd give a damn about her physical appearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Fluffy Cat 88

Horrible!

Thing is, I don't mind tattoos (good ones not cheap diy ****e ones), pierced lips etc but those tunnels are disgusting.

Apparently they stink too. There's a young lad working in a chipper in town who has them and I avoid ordering food from him because they turn my stomach.

I really think the management should make him cover his ears when he's working tbh.

I'm sure he's a nice lad - I feel kinda bad for being such a judgemental biatch but - yuck! I don't want to eat what he's handling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

or

Anything she wanted to do if she put her mind to it. Her ears aren't going to stop her.

Someone said in an earlier post she wouldn't be able to work with food. Eh, I worked in a restaurant last year and a Chef De Partie had tunnels in and no one said a word to him about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Kovu wrote: »
    I have stretched earlobes (admittedly only 10mm) , tattoos and piercings. Never had any trouble with them at work.

Because 10mm sounds bigger than 1cm?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭lanos

C. I'd ask her what jobs she was interested in herself, then take a look at her CV to see what experience and qualifications she had, and what experience and qualifications she might need to get into the career she was interested in, and advise her on that basis, before I'd give a damn about her physical appearance.

so you would have nothing useful to advise really

the fact is that if you look up any job in situations vacant in the newspaper or in the FAS office
    not 1 employer from these sources would hire somebody with piercings such as hers.
    maybe she could get a job in a fish gutting factory.

its hardly a career though.

your view of the world is a noble one i'll admit but it bears no resemblance to the reality for job seekers.

BTW are you pierced?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I have one earlobe stretched to 20 mm. Because I don't like symmetry. Also because if you don't like my earlobe - you certainly won't like the rest of me. So it warns off the faint of heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Anything she wanted to do if she put her mind to it. Her ears aren't going to stop her.

Someone said in an earlier post she wouldn't be able to work with food. Eh, I worked in a restaurant last year and a Chef De Partie had tunnels in and no one said a word to him about it.

Any food manufacturing employer wouldn't allow jewellery of any sort,apart from a plain wedding band.
    Poor practice for a restaurant also,obviously jewellery can harbour germs or end up in food.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

endacl wrote: »
    Because 10mm sounds bigger than 1cm?

:pac:

Because if I said 00 gauge, a lot of people wouldn't know what I was on about. The actual size of the plug/tunnel can also vary between 9-10mm depending on the manufacturer as well. Usually ones which are made in Europe are in mm & US ones in inches.

Advertisement