Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 GAA Jerseys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    yeah.
    for the privilege of being allowed use the GAA logo

I'm surprised no company has brought a case to the high court

I'm not sure what case they could possibly bring. What laws are they breaking?

"We want to be able to use your copyrighted logo, without paying you, in order to make money for ourselves"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,837 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

DiscoStew wrote: »
    How is it that the likes of KC Sport and Masita haven't gotten hold of a county team yet? Both seem to have decent kits from what I have seen. I would imagine they are cheaper than O'Neills? Surprised that Azzurri have only Waterford too given they have produced some nice kits lately, particularly the last 2 and must be considerably cheaper than O'Neills?

The counties don't pay the company to make the jersey, so they don't care who are cheaper. It's the other way round, the company pays the county board. O'Neill's are presumably just in a position to offer more money than the other companies.

(Btw our club use Masita, once used O'Neill's, and there's a considerable price difference but, IMO, absolutely no difference in quality of material or design.)

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    yeah.
    for the privilege of being allowed use the GAA logo

I'm surprised no company has brought a case to the high court

But I thought all teams use the GAA logo regardless of whether its schools/club/intercounty or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭rpurfield

Out of interest is any of the recently released new Jerseys on sale elsewhere yet? There's no sign of the Meath one being released for sale yet, I tweeted O'Neills earlier to ask and I was told no date decided yet, bit much if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭paul0103

rpurfield wrote: »
    Out of interest is any of the recently released new Jerseys on sale elsewhere yet? There's no sign of the Meath one being released for sale yet, I tweeted O'Neills earlier to ask and I was told no date decided yet, bit much if you ask me.

I saw that Ted Murtagh Trim are taking order's for the new Meath jersey, no sign of it on the O'Neills website however. I notice the new Offaly jersey is available for pre-order on the O'Neills website though.

On the subject of Meath jerseys, I see the hurlers were sporting the Uniflu version of the new jersey:
    FxqDtqQ.jpg
    Round collar and long sleeves looks a little silly I think. Are Meath the only county to still stick to the tradition of long sleeves for league, short sleeves for championship (at least the hurlers anyway)?

• Advertisement

I never thought about it, but it seems long sleeve jerseys have gone out of fashion lately. I've seen them more often on hurlers and underage teams though as I'd say it's a cost saving exercise. You can roll up long sleeves later in the year, but you can't roll down a short sleeve top in winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

In cold weather, lot more teams seem to favour wearing those long sleeved Skins or Under Armour garments, under a short sleeved jersey, than they do wearing a long sleeved one.

Pretty sure the football ones were short sleeved against Armagh, we wore the old yellow ones against Fermanagh. I was told there is a proper launch for the Meath football jersey in the next week or two and they will be on sale around March 4. The hurling ones got the full Croker, model and mascot treatment the other day

rpurfield wrote: »
    Pretty sure the football ones were short sleeved against Armagh, we wore the old yellow ones against Fermanagh. I was told there is a proper launch for the Meath football jersey in the next week or two and they will be on sale around March 4. The hurling ones got the full Croker, model and mascot treatment the other day

I bet Dr Gerry "Burn the hurleys" McEntee will be delighted with that :)

I bet Dr Gerry "Burn the hurleys" McEntee will be delighted with that :)

Probably!! He would have really loved the Uniflu branded hurls anyway!

• Advertisement

A blood and bandage version would actually be nice of this jersey. its lovely, i think its the blue and gold ;)

?width=630&version=2649578

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

Has anyone seen the new Waterford keeper jersey for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

A blood and bandage version would actually be nice of this jersey. its lovely, i think its the blue and gold ;)

?width=630&version=2649578

That looks ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭paul0103

Syferus wrote: »
    That looks ridiculous.

What good fortune that the "C" used in 1916 turns out to be the same font as the C that Chill Insurance use 100 years later!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

That's a great idea.

Throwbacks (or fauxbacks in this case) are under used in GAA despite some great old designs.

I thoughts that when Dublin and Yrone came out to warm up in old school shirts in 2009 for the 125 game that we would have gotten something like that but it wasn't to be.

I hope more teams do something like this.

It would be interesting to see us play in our original blue shirts and white shorts and hooped socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭deadybai

https://www.oneills.com/gift-ideas/popular/ireland-range.html?src=nowstrendingstpatricks#/gift-ideas/popular/ireland-range.html?&no_cache=1&p=1&src=nowstrendingstpatricks

Some lovely Green jerseys here for St. Patricks day.

Also have a look at this beaut. Would buy it only I'm not a Dub!

2e51d3c8275e412589a7844a8b4c4b16.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,327 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

That Ireland-USA jersey is horrendous! :eek:

p-day-usa-ireland-jersey-1_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

deadybai wrote: »
    https://www.oneills.com/gift-ideas/popular/ireland-range.html?src=nowstrendingstpatricks#/gift-ideas/popular/ireland-range.html?&no_cache=1&p=1&src=nowstrendingstpatricks

Some lovely Green jerseys here for St. Patricks day.

Also have a look at this beaut. Would buy it only I'm not a Dub!

2e51d3c8275e412589a7844a8b4c4b16.jpg

If it didn't havae the GPO and declaration non it I would be all over that in a heartbeat. Should use it as inspiration for our next shirt. That Gold trim is delish and the retro crest looks well.

Next shirt will have navy sleeves anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭HanaleiJ5N

That Ireland-USA jersey is horrendous! :eek:

p-day-usa-ireland-jersey-1_2.jpg

Looks like (bad) World Cup '94 merchandise from Penneys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

What's the point of the Ireland/USA jersey?

• Advertisement

paul0103 wrote: »
    What good fortune that the "C" used in 1916 turns out to be the same font as the C that Chill Insurance use 100 years later!

It is ever ever so slightly different ha. I think its a nice shirt though personally but id have liked to have taken the modern collar from it similar to what man united done in 2008 when they literally had the exact 1958 style vs City.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,327 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

HanaleiJ5N wrote: »
    Looks like (bad) World Cup '94 merchandise from Penneys.

This is an O'Neills jersey that was around for World Cup '94.
    It looks like it's back in fashion :eek:

halfhalf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

To be fair, everything about O'Neills is cheap... apart from the price!

Despite being hit and miss with their designs, people must be buying these things in decent numbers (profit worthy) in order for O'Neills to keep coming out with them.

Suppose you could just class them as (very plastic and colourful) normal clothes, since they aren't GAA jerseys.The likes of the 1916 jersey and the USA/Ireland one have no GAA crests or insignia, nor will they be used by any teams at any stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

It is ever ever so slightly different ha. I think its a nice shirt though personally but id have liked to have taken the modern collar from it similar to what man united done in 2008 when they literally had the exact 1958 style vs City.

O'Neills are incredibly lazy.

And with regard to the other designs, I always thought they wouldn't have any of them in stock and are made to order.

This is an O'Neills jersey that was around for World Cup '94.
    It looks like it's back in fashion :eek:

The official kit of the 90s kid :D
    An awful lot going on there tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

We are due to release our new away jersey in the next couple of weeks. It got its bow in the match in Omagh during the monsoon last Saturday night.

000c02c0-642.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

If any one is in Dublin city centre, there are some Michael Collins GAA "style" jerseys on sale near the GPO. They look seriously dodgy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

I know the story of the courtcase through Pride in the Jersey, but how come O'Neills tend to have the three stripes on northern jerseys, but the teamwear in the north is usually two-stripe?

• Advertisement

newg300 wrote: »
    I know the story of the courtcase through Pride in the Jersey, but how come O'Neills tend to have the three stripes on northern jerseys, but the teamwear in the north is usually two-stripe?

Thats a strange one no doubt. Bit of an inconsistency there.

Advertisement