Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 GAA Jerseys

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭PressRun

Really like the Waterford one. Derry one has the sponsor too big, but their colours are nice. Cork one is a bit plain for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Offaly one on display at the county convention the other night. Poor pic but you can just about make out the detail. Why Offaly havent released it to the public at Christmas is baffling.

CVumgsEW4AAGDgA.jpg

they're probably afraid there'd be a huge rush and a riot would ensue in some sports shop in Tullamore with so many Biffos unable to get their hands on a shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

clare-jersey-2015-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭EIRE1922

The other Offaly jersey did not last very long.

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    clare-jersey-2015-1.jpg

Brutal flames. Very 1990's.

EIRE1922 wrote: »
    The other Offaly jersey did not last very long.

3 seasons all the same. i suppose it just seen little championship action during that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Was up in Walkinstown today in the O'Neills shop. New down shirt looks very nice in the flesh.

One thing I've noticed is that all the jersies seem to have much smaller badges than before. What's going on there?

Was up in Walkinstown today in the O'Neills shop. New down shirt looks very nice in the flesh.

One thing I've noticed is that all the jersies seem to have much smaller badges than before. What's going on there?

True, it seemed shorter for that exact reason.

I noticed that with the Tipp badge last year. Hardly cost cutting or has some mad rule been implemented?

• Advertisement

I noticed that with the Tipp badge last year. Hardly cost cutting or has some mad rule been implemented?

Seen it on most of the new jeresys. Cost saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

They finally introduce bit of embroidery, so they shrink the crests to save a few bob.

Laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭HanaleiJ5N

I long for the days when a hoop went all the way round the jersey :(

New Waterford jersey is the best so far

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

Would'nt you love to see a decent competitor to O'Neills getting a right foothold in the club and county market. The prices are crazy and they treat clubs terribly for training gear. Massive delays and waiting lists and the range of styles is very limited.

I dont like the trend either with sponsors on the back of the jerseys, the GAA should ban that outright.

Reminds me of the Irish soccer clubs, mobile billboards.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Chisum

The Gaa won't ban it as they voted it in 2 years ago to help allow clubs counties have 2 sponsors

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

Chisum wrote: »
    The Gaa won't ban it as they voted it in 2 years ago to help allow clubs counties have 2 sponsors

Cheers, but if thats the case they should be allowed have the county name or a sponsor on the back, not both. I just think its overkill.

Some posters have commented that the crests are getting smaller, maybe the GAA should be more bothered about that than increasing sponsor space.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Chisum

they are getting smaller saw a picture of 2 Dublin crests only a year apart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

Anyone know if its possible to buy the Waterford jersey without the sponsor "3" on it?

Collarless jerseys are also cost saving.

• Advertisement

newg300 wrote: »
    They finally introduce bit of embroidery, so they shrink the crests to save a few bob.

Laughable.

Given the profit margins and the overall lack of quality it is laughable really.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Patww79 wrote: »

I don't see any other valid reason. I wouldn't see it as a comfort thing, as other sports have larger embroidered crests. It doesn't look any better, it actually looks a bit weird in my opinion.

To be honest, the embroidered crest actually makes the rest of the sublimation look even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

newg300 wrote: »
    I don't see any other valid reason. I wouldn't see it as a comfort thing, as other sports have larger embroidered crests. It doesn't look any better, it actually looks a bit weird in my opinion.

To be honest, the embroidered crest actually makes the rest of the sublimation look even worse.

other sports (soccer and rugby anyway) don't generally have embroidered crests on jerseys used by teams, they're usually like iron-on to stop itching.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭paul0103

New Donegal jersey.

https://twitter.com/officialdonegal/status/691617679187255296

Apparently Meath are getting a new one too, no idea if it will be out for first round of the league though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭HanaleiJ5N

That Donegal kit is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭henke

HanaleiJ5N wrote: »
    That Donegal kit is class.
    Nice enough effort. More green than the last one. Don't think the new sponsors looks the best though.

Oooooooo

A hoop returns to the Donegal jersey.

Oooooooo

A hoop returns to the Donegal jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Love the hoop on it. Something a bit different and a bit of a throwback. The sponsors are a bit big for my liking, particularly the one on the back, hope Donegal county board got plenty of cold filthy lucre out of kn networks for that but, overall, a tasty effort imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭rpurfield

Seen that Donegal jersey yesterday and I wondered why wasn't it out for Christmas, I'd be saying the same if Meath bring one out. I bet there's kids around Donegal got a now out of date jersey for Christmas!!

Advertisement