Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 GAA Jerseys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

whoops, double post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

peejay1986 wrote: »
    This will more than likely be a stupid question but I'm a novice when it come to GAA culture so bear with me, please.

My girlfriend is English and was born in London. She's lived over here for 4 years now and loves watching the football, so I was going to buy her a London GAA jersey for her birthday. I'm wondering though - what are people's opinions to the London side? Would she get any form of negative reaction for wearing one around the place?

I've no doubt I'm showing my ignorance but I genuinely don't know. Only concerned as she's very conscious of wearing her England jersey outside/gym as a few dickheads said some things on the occasions she's worn that.

I've asked a GAA-mad friend (who happens to now live in London!) and he said it wouldn't be a problem but just thought I'd ask on here too.

Also, which is London's home jersey - green or white?

Thanks in advance.

She'll get absolutely no hassle in any sort of GAA jersey. It's a shame that she gets it wearing her England one.

Anyway, the green one is the home jersey (Though i think the sponsorship might have changed in the past year) It's actually a damn nice jersey too

res_london-bewleys-hotel-jersey-green-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

I'd say the only gob****es who give her hassle for an English jersey, are probably the same kind of "republican" heroes that wouldn't even cop that it was a London gaelic jersey.

Personally, it's a great thing to see an English born person taking an interest, and a great idea to give her a London one rather than an adopted Irish county. Let us know how you get on please.

I'd say the only gob****es who give her hassle for an English jersey, are probably the same kind of "republican" heroes that wouldn't even cop that it was a London gaelic jersey.

Personally, it's a great thing to see an English born person taking an interest, and a great idea to give her a London one rather than an adopted Irish county. Let us know how you get on please.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mariano rivera

peejay1986 wrote: »
    This will more than likely be a stupid question but I'm a novice when it come to GAA culture so bear with me, please.

My girlfriend is English and was born in London. She's lived over here for 4 years now and loves watching the football, so I was going to buy her a London GAA jersey for her birthday. I'm wondering though - what are people's opinions to the London side? Would she get any form of negative reaction for wearing one around the place?

I've no doubt I'm showing my ignorance but I genuinely don't know. Only concerned as she's very conscious of wearing her England jersey outside/gym as a few dickheads said some things on the occasions she's worn that.

I've asked a GAA-mad friend (who happens to now live in London!) and he said it wouldn't be a problem but just thought I'd ask on here too.

Also, which is London's home jersey - green or white?

Thanks in advance.

The same g*b****es would proudly wear Chelsea, Man United and Liverpool jerseys!!

Nice shirt and a Nice idea for a present

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭deadybai

Down Away Jersey. I like it.

12717449_1074588819228833_7118818207059619210_n.jpg?oh=a93bc71d967eaea049ad6e682ba6231c&oe=572A09A3

• Registered Users Posts: 44 pawddy

Derry away jersey.

CbCzonXXIAEHkre.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 44 pawddy

double post, whoops.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

pawddy wrote: »
    double post, whoops.

You can just delete the post. The option is there when you edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

pawddy wrote: »
    Derry away jersey.

CbCzonXXIAEHkre.jpg:large

There's no need for that piping around the 3-stripes on the shoulders. Would have been tidy otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭statto25

Patww79 wrote: »

I don't know how that will work as only certain brands can use the GAA logo and Oneills would have rights over the Dublin crest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

statto25 wrote: »
    I don't know how that will work as only certain brands can use the GAA logo and Oneills would have rights over the Dublin crest.

The GAA logo yes, but Dublin County board have the rights to the Dublin crest. Every county board redesigned their crests in the last 15 years in order to ensure they have full copyright over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭henke

Patww79 wrote:

If Dublin manage to pull this off it would set a precedent and you would see other big counties negotiating with the likes of adidas etc. I know O'Neills have a monopoly on county jerseys but I'd imagine if these big players came into the market it would be very damaging to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Don't some counties have Azzuri do their gear? O'Neill's haven't had a complete monopoly for a while now.

ProudDUB wrote:
    Don't some counties have Azzuri do their gear? O'Neill's haven't had a complete monopoly for a while now.

They have 30 plus London and New York I believe. Azzurri only have Waterford now they lost Donegal and Laois back to O'Neills and they lost Sligo to Kukri so O'Neills have by far the lions share.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭statto25

The GAA logo yes, but Dublin County board have the rights to the Dublin crest. Every county board redesigned their crests in the last 15 years in order to ensure they have full copyright over it.

When that happened I thought this was in conjunction with O'Neills. They wanted to be able to have a trademarkmable crest so worked with County boards on moving away from the county/county council crests. O'neills have the monopoly so you would think they have their bases covered. I think o'neills have upped their game in recent years but I'd love to see some new manufacturers getting involved. No one biggest than Dublin to set the ball rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

I just read the Dublin jersey article there, now if Adidas set up a small operation in Ireland wouldn't it be within the rules? I seen the Kerry Adidas training tops alright, but imagine how a jersey would look

• Advertisement

Or the likes of Azzurri could try to steal a march by becoming a licensee for Adidas etc here. Adidas get all their branding, without having to set up an physical operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

One of the Dublin fans pages is reporting that O'Neills will continue to make Dublin GAA jerseys. No confirmation, that I can find, elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

How is it that the likes of KC Sport and Masita haven't gotten hold of a county team yet? Both seem to have decent kits from what I have seen. I would imagine they are cheaper than O'Neills? Surprised that Azzurri have only Waterford too given they have produced some nice kits lately, particularly the last 2 and must be considerably cheaper than O'Neills?

newg300 wrote: »
    Or the likes of Azzurri could try to steal a march by becoming a licensee for Adidas etc here. Adidas get all their branding, without having to set up an physical operation.

There was a company down leeside, Three Stripe International that used to do this. Good thinking although im not sure that Azzurri would give up so much of their identity in order to make what is really a competitor alongside their own brand. Also I would think Adidas keep their stuff in house these days. The sporting goods business has become far more lucrative since the early 90s, year on year.

DiscoStew wrote:
    How is it that the likes of KC Sport and Masita haven't gotten hold of a county team yet? Both seem to have decent kits from what I have seen. I would imagine they are cheaper than O'Neills? Surprised that Azzurri have only Waterford too given they have produced some nice kits lately, particularly the last 2 and must be considerably cheaper than O'Neills?

I remember Azzurri Donegal kits costing €60 back in 2012 and they were inferior to the O'Neills one also.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

henke wrote: »
    I remember Azzurri Donegal kits costing €60 back in 2012 and they were inferior to the O'Neills one also.

Azzurri's kits have come on a lot in recent years. The price charged there seems excessive alright but there could be any amount of additional charge added on by a shop or county board.
    Masita seem to have a good foothold with schools kits.

DiscoStew wrote: »
    Azzurri's kits have come on a lot in recent years. The price charged there seems excessive alright but there could be any amount of additional charge added on by a shop or county board.
    Masita seem to have a good foothold with schools kits.

Masita were sponsoring the schools championships some time back afaik. Maybe they still are

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Masita don't have an intercounty licence, which costs more on top of a normal licence.

Masita don't have an intercounty licence, which costs more on top of a normal licence.

Seriously? What does this process consist of do you know? Just pay up more money? Or go through endless red tape ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Seriously? What does this process consist of do you know? Just pay up more money? Or go through endless red tape ?

yeah.
    for the privilege of being allowed use the GAA logo

I'm surprised no company has brought a case to the high court

Advertisement