Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 GAA Jerseys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

O'Neill's always seem to put slightly more effort into Dublin jerseys compared to other counties.

Whereas everyone else has got the generic no collar jersey Dublin gets something a bit different.

This is a good point, but i wouldnt say it about just Dublin. Antrim get a serious lash of different gear and leisurewear compared to other counties. Obviously they have the factory shop up there and whatnot, but one look at their page on the website shows the different varieties that for instance a bigger county like cork or dublin dont get

https://www.oneills.com/shop-by-team/gaa-county/antrim-gaa.html

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Well the GAA have rules about that. If Nike and and Adidas want to set up manufacturing in Ireland then off they go.

There's a feeling that those rules would be found to breach EU legislation around free trade within the region - as the GAA couldn't give an unfair advantage to, say, O'Neills over a supplier in Germany.

Back in the recent talk of Dublin switching the talk was that Dublin were confident of winning a case in Europe if it came to it - though I'd imagine part of those reports were about getting more leverage in the eventual kit deal with O'Neills.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭statto25

DuffleBag wrote: »
    This is a good point, but i wouldnt say it about just Dublin. Antrim get a serious lash of different gear and leisurewear compared to other counties. Obviously they have the factory shop up there and whatnot, but one look at their page on the website shows the different varieties that for instance a bigger county like cork or dublin dont get

https://www.oneills.com/shop-by-team/gaa-county/antrim-gaa.html

The majority of the Northern Teams get a far better range of apparel. Tyrone is another example of getting ranges that bigger counties don't. They have some lovely supporters gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jimmy_b

To be fair that dublin jersey aint bad, o'neils is still crap and my opinnon on them will never change.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

O'Neill's always seem to put slightly more effort into Dublin jerseys compared to other counties.

Whereas everyone else has got the generic no collar jersey Dublin gets something a bit different.

Dunno how you can say that the Dubs jersey has more effort put into it. Where? The Dubs jersey has always been one of the simplest and plainest ones out there. Very few bells and whistles. And plenty of counties have a collar on their jersey. No special treatment there either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭henke

ProudDUB wrote:
    Dunno how you can say that the Dubs jersey has more effort put into it. Where? The Dubs jersey has always been one of the simplest and plainest ones out there. Very few bells and whistles. And plenty of counties have a collar on their jersey. No special treatment there either.

They have phased the collar out for all counties. Dublin is the only new one I've seen retaining the collar. It's not a bad jersey although the last one was nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

henke wrote: »
    They have phased the collar out for all counties. Dublin is the only new one I've seen retaining the collar. It's not a bad jersey although the last one was nicer.

still on the wexford shirts anyway, though theyre due a change and itll probably get the boot

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Nicest Dub jersey in a long time imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭paul0103

https://twitter.com/DubGAAOfficial/status/730661404009742336

If they were going for the retro look, it would have looked better if they went all out with the white shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glack

paul0103 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/DubGAAOfficial/status/730661404009742336

If they were going for the retro look, it would have looked better if they went all out with the white shorts.

I agree. It's like the shorts/socks don't match the jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Can't believe we didn't go with white shorts. I really can't especially given the whole "drawn from history" guff.

That being said, it's a beaut. And going on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Whens that Dublin jersey on sale lads? Looks crackin imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Whens that Dublin jersey on sale lads? Looks crackin imo.

The mara

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭denishurley

What it would have looked like with white shorts:

CiQ86NqWsAACXn6.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Reminds me of a pre 2007 rugby jersey with the white shorts, the navy looks more Dublin GAA imo. Probably prefer the white shorts all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Too many counties have white shorts, we don't need any more. Of the 32 counties+ London, only 8 wear non white shorts, and they're nearly all blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭denishurley

There are more than eight:

Blue:
    Waterford
    Roscommon
    Monaghan
    Clare
    New York (not included by you, I accept)

Navy:
    Dublin

Black:
    Down
    Sligo

Green:
    Donegal

Red:
    Derry

London have white shorts at the moment but often wear green, while both Longford and Wicklow have worn blue in the recent past and Tyrone switched from red in 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Ok, 1 or 2 more. I'm still not a fan of boring shorts....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

almost like Man City

lets hope they do as well as they did this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kiddap

Reminds me of a pre 2007 rugby jersey with the white shorts, the navy looks more Dublin GAA imo. Probably prefer the white shorts all the same.

Good shout, far too rugger-like, eeeeeeuuugghhhhhh. Bad enough that Luuuuuuuuuuuuuunster robbed one of our songs :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    almost like Man City

lets hope they do as well as they did this year!

My kid is a Man City fan and has this years jersey; looks very similar and will be almost like buying the same jersey twice, except without Aguero on the back. Ah well. Its still a lovely jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

show me a soccer shirt or rugby shirt that is 'breathable'

The last non-GAA I bought was the Celtic 125th anniversary jersey, and I'd regularly run in it. Infinitely nicer to wear, breathability-wise, than any GAA jersey.

Like the new jersey, although the white under sleeve, and the little navy spires are needless. Plain is king!

The last non-GAA I bought was the Celtic 125th anniversary jersey, and I'd regularly run in it. Infinitely nicer to wear, breathability-wise, than any GAA jersey.

Like the new jersey, although the white under sleeve, and the little navy spires are needless. Plain is king!

I thought they'd go with pin stripe

back to the eighties!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,826 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I thought they'd go with pin stripe

back to the eighties!

The golden age of Kerry football.

The golden age of Kerry football.

Wait.
    Pin stripes Dubs were in the seventies

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That Dubs jersey is gorgeous. Might be the first GAA jersey I'll have ever bought tbh.

That_Guy wrote: »
    That Dubs jersey is gorgeous. Might be the first GAA jersey I'll have ever bought tbh.

I'd buy one, to burn a gaa shirt for the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,307 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'd buy one, to burn a gaa shirt for the first time

Wow, great post.

29257607.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Of course they do. Is that not commerciality? They want to sell some of them.....

So more kids have hurls and footballs!

Its not like Costello is buying villas in Marbella :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    My kid is a Man City fan and has this years jersey; looks very similar and will be almost like buying the same jersey twice, except without Aguero on the back. Ah well. Its still a lovely jersey.

And of course Man City are pumping all the money back into pitches and boots for kids around Manchester?

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Advertisement