Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens SPC 4320

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes those are OK
    If you are not using EOL resistors go with the top diagram & wire with 6 cores.

RED +
    Black -
    Blue & Yellow Tamper Tamper
    Green & White Alarm Alarm
    Wire alarm into zone input & tamper into aux tamper in series with other tampers.

If you are using Duel EOL resistors go with the middle diagram
    Red +
    Black -
    Blue & Yellow to the terminals shown and back to the zone input on the panel.
    Make sure the zone configuration for EOL matches what you set the links for on the PiR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Thanks for your help guys but im gona have to give up. As i said im gone in the morning and dont have time to rewire the wired sensors. The wireless ones are acting up. Even the walk test doesnt seem to work, just saying all zones tested. Probably going to have to get an installer in to sort out all the issues ive created.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Just to check the price I got today from supplier in Dublin.

Siemens 4320C with standard K/Pad is 280+vat. Sound about right??

Apologies as I don't have the receipt as I'm away.ill contact herself and get you an answer over the weekend

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not sure what 4320c refers to. It'sIt's not a standard product code that I know of. But the price sounds ok.

• Advertisement

Having trouble posting today. I rang another supplier on the list and same price. The product code is of course SPC4320 with standard key pad. Again like johnny addidas I've been quoted for HKC Bell and it sounded like HKC contacts and sensors and 2 PIRs. I'm sticking with wired system. When I'm out there I'll ask for the delta bell.

Pyronix Delta external bell will be cheaper. So will Siemens pirs etc.

bbability wrote: »
    Having trouble posting today. I rang another supplier on the list and same price. The product code is of course SPC4320 with standard key pad. Again like johnny addidas I've been quoted for HKC Bell and it sounded like HKC contacts and sensors and 2 PIRs. I'm sticking with wired system. When I'm out there I'll ask for the delta bell.

FYI REW dont stock the delta bell

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭fergalom

FYI REW dont stock the delta bell

Rwl do pyronix bells, not too far from rew,got one there recently

Also if you are using REW in Finglas .Northwood Technology would be near enough to you. They stock them as well.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Also if you are using REW in Finglas .Northwood Technology would be near enough to you. They stock them as well.
    REW in Finglas put me through to Ballymount when I rang. I'm sure they'll send the stuff over to finglas. I want it all to be Siemens though and a delta bell.

The guys in Ballymount would be better up on intruder products, but they would have Siemens in stock in Finglas also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Hi All,

Has anyone had any problems getting the SPC to work with the new UPC modems (TC7200)? Got a new modem from UPC, have setup port forwarding on port 443, but still can't get the panel to connect to the portal.

Anyone seen this before? the panel was working great with old UPC modem / router.

What way was the port forwarding on old router. Make sure you have it set for port in and out

bbability wrote: »
    What way was the port forwarding on old router. Make sure you have it set for port in and out

Yea i'm forwarding port 443 onto the internal IP address of the panel.

I'm not too familiar with this modem, so i've turned off most of the things I can think of. I'm wondering are UPC/virgin running IP6 addresses underneath with these new modems.

Hi All,

Has anyone had any problems getting the SPC to work with the new UPC modems (TC7200)? Got a new modem from UPC, have setup port forwarding on port 443, but still can't get the panel to connect to the portal.

Anyone seen this before? the panel was working great with old UPC modem / router.

Are you on version 3-6-0 or higher? If so you don't need port forwarding.
    If you are on 3-4-5 or lower the SSL issue is probably blocking it so try turning off encryption on the panel .

Are you on version 3-6-0 or higher? If so you don't need port forwarding.
    If you are on 3-4-5 or lower the SSL issue is probably blocking it so try turning off encryption on the panel .

Yep on 3.6 firmware, i couldn't remember if port forwarding was needed or not.

Looks like UPC might be doing some sort of IPV6/IPV4 trick, although when I ran some IPV6 tests they all failed. It doesn't seem to like the panel making an out-bound connection on the SSL port.

It doesn't seem to like the panel making an out-bound connection on the SSL port.

Have you tried it with SSL off or on a different port?

Have you tried it with SSL off or on a different port?

I've no problem logging in locally via the web browser and SSL. Does it actually use SSL over port 443 to communicate with the monitoring station?

RCT TCP Port is set to 52000 The TCP Port of the RCT (e.g. The TCP Port that SPC ComXT is listening on). I've tried forwarding on that port and no luck.

I have heard of another person having similar issue but he couldn't log into the panel locally either across the network but could if connected directly.
    Just wondering if you goto Communications>Services>and disable TLS would it help?

• Advertisement

Couldn't get this to work, only thing I could come up with was that there must if been some ipv6 going on with carrier grade NAT. Checked with UPC and I'm on an ipv4 profile.

So as a last resort I decided to take the static ip off the panel and use dhcp. Worked perfectly.

What is the DNS showing now it's on DHCP.?

What is the DNS showing now it's on DHCP.?

I haven't checked, I would of assumed it's the default gateway, which is then being forwarded on. I'll check my desktop pc too...

I have found a lot of variations on how the connection is resolved and how quickly the connection is reestablished based on the DNS used.
    In some cases using the default gateway is best.
    In others using the ISPs DNS and if all else fails 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

I have found a lot of variations on how the connection is resolved and how quickly the connection is reestablished based on the DNS used.
    In some cases using the default gateway is best.
    In others using the ISPs DNS and if all else fails 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

So all worked grand last night. System down again this morning. Not showing in router dhcp list, but still has IP address.

Apt now failing on dns look up. Panel doesn't seem to cache the dns results and name server or router doesn't seem to like being asked every 30 seconds...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 golu

If you have problem with the DNS lookup, you can try to change the SPC connect url to the static IP address 194.132.254.184

Picked up a system today. Just a quick one. The keypad to panel... Is it

1A keypad to 1A Panel
    1B keypad to 1B Panel
    2A keypad to 2A panel
    2B keypad to 2B Panel

Looks like there room to expand but I'm not interested in that. Just want one keypad.

For just a single keypad it
    + to. +
    - to. -
    1A to 1A
    1B to 1B

Can I get away with using two cables for one of my zones?
    The reason I ask is I got work done in the kitchen and the contractor has only connected two cables (previous alarm was Astec) and its a big job to get at them . Can I still do DEOL on this zone with two core?

• Advertisement

You can.
    If there is more than 1 device you will need a third core between the devices to extend the parallel resistor.

Advertisement