Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Part payment via the pay with Avios on the EI website does not impact tier credits

Purchase via Avios.com earns nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

New Aerclub cards are a bit slicker looking, bag tags are nicer and membership card is embossed like a credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

fullstop wrote: »
    New Aerclub cards are a bit slicker looking, bag tags are nicer and membership card is embossed like a credit card.

What new cards?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

What new cards?

I'd hazard a guess he's talking about a new issue AerClub card, to replace an expired one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Guys Amex had a 40% bonus transfer right now for both Aerclub and and BA exec club. What would be the best to book with? I understand once you get Aerclub you cant book oneworld flights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Doylers wrote: »
    Guys Amex had a 40% bonus transfer right now for both Aerclub and and BA exec club. What would be the best to book with? I understand once you get Aerclub you cant book oneworld flights?

If you set upAvios in Aer Club you can transfer them to a BA account (and back) as often as you like - use the BA account to book the one world flights if value or destinations are better there.

Just make sure that both accounts have exactly the same personal details set up so they totally match.

thebiglad wrote: »
    If you set upAvios in Aer Club you can transfer them to a BA account (and back) as often as you like - use the BA account to book the one world flights if value or destinations are better there.

Just make sure that both accounts have exactly the same personal details set up so they totally match.

Savage i'll do that so! The bonus will cover my next two off-peak TATL trips which is unreal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SB Morer

Doylers wrote: »
    Savage i'll do that so! The bonus will cover my next two off-peak TATL trips which is unreal :D

How’d you get an Amex in Ireland?

SB Morer wrote: »
    How’d you get an Amex in Ireland?

I didn't, Canadian AMEX then did a global transfer to USA one so I've both right now with. Funny enough very easy to get here little proof needed of who ya are.

Anyone see this on Aerlingus before

"This booking is not eligible for payment with Avios. You will still collect Avios on this trip. Visit the AerClub section of our website to learn about other ways to spend Avios"

Avios.com confirms availability for the dates, just wanted to see if I could pay less than 227euro in taxes

• Advertisement

I'd hazard a guess he's talking about a new issue AerClub card, to replace an expired one!

Correct!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

At airport and they called Aerclub (incl silver) before Priority. 3 lanes, 1 aerclub, 1 priority and normal.

This new? I haven't seen it before anyway.

Ive not seen it anyway. Where was it? They dont do it in Amsterdam anyway. Ill be there on Wednesday so ill see again.

At airport and they called Aerclub (incl silver) before Priority. 3 lanes, 1 aerclub, 1 priority and normal.

This new? I haven't seen it before anyway.

Been like that for months, and rightly so IMO. Board people who are frequent flyers with the airline before boarding someone who paid a fiver or whatever for priority boarding as a once off.

In Cork anyway its Disabled and babies, then priority and aer club together. Same in Amsterdam and i'm there every two weeks since last December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Seems to depend on the gate and/or mood of the staff in DUB, I was at 307A a couple of times recently and they took away the AerClub queue before we boarded and just shoved them in with priority. While the gate next door boarded using all 3 lanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

At all T2 gates and the new bus gates its 3 queues
    T1 300 is normally just two queues due the lack of space

Outstations its every man woman and child for themselves unless its LHR or AMS

I've only flown once this year, so will most likely no longer be in the club after November (unless they do the 1 tier drop from Platinum to Silver, same as the Concierge to Platinum drop they gave me last year despite not even making enough credits for Platinum).

But what I always loved was the total disregard for the people already queuing in the priority lane, from people who were just sitting down/arriving at the gate when they announced the priority boarding had commenced. They felt the divine right to just waltz up to the top or middle of the queue waving their 'Priority' boarding cards around, thinking it gave them carte blanche to just step into the line wherever they saw fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

I changed jobs about 18 months ago and do a lot of travelling now mostly on Aer Lingus or Delta and have made both top tiers on them both now. The difference between them when it comes to boarding is crazy. Delta are very good when it comes to separating tiers and getting frequent flyers on first, after business and people who need help, but EI just lump all their Tiers in with purchased priority boarding. I have only ever seen them separated once that I can recall. Me personally it does not bother me as I am a pretty light traveller with carry on and never use the overhead but i can see that is annoys some people and I can get why. Aer Lingus are great at a lot of things but they miss a lot of the little stuff as well. Like the lounge in Dublin is just OK at best and the one in LHR is a nice space but the food is pretty poor. I can never understand why they do not have something as simple as porridge on offer in the Dublin lounge early in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

In MAD, EI do separate or did tiers from paid priority boarding
    How is it working now with aerspace?
    That should be together with high tier boarding because NOW it is a customer who's paid a lot more for a quasi business product as opposed to just 12.50 or something for a selected seat number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Been like that for months, and rightly so IMO. Board people who are frequent flyers with the airline before boarding someone who paid a fiver or whatever for priority boarding as a once off.

yes its been like this for a while but you still get hoards of priority boarding passengers wrongly in the aerclub queue. it's pretty irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I used Dusseldorf a lot, they used to just call out 'business, priority and Aer Club members' in one call then just stand back while everyone floods forward and it just turns into a scrum.
    I'm also looking at relegation at the end of this season...

But you know what? I haven't flown EI since January, and I honestly don't miss it. I've done my 10 years of taking 20-40 trips a year, and in my new role there's no need anymore, and its bloody great!!

I used Dusseldorf a lot, they used to just call out 'business, priority and Aer Club members' in one call then just stand back while everyone floods forward and it just turns into a scrum.

Düsseldorf is a complete ****show, every single time. I’ve flown a lot through there the past couple of years and I can’t understand how they haven’t figured out how to set up the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Düsseldorf is a complete ****show, every single time. I’ve flown a lot through there the past couple of years and I can’t understand how they haven’t figured out how to set up the queue.

They don't bother trying - based on 5/6 years of being in and out of there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

But you know what? I haven't flown EI since January, and I honestly don't miss it. I've done my 10 years of taking 20-40 trips a year, and in my new role there's no need anymore, and its bloody great!!
    I do something similar and I quite like EI but I just got fed up with Aerclub and having to constantly chase them for missing points/credits etc and the complete lack of response so I started using some of the alternative options for business travel and I haven't had to chase any of them as I made my way through the tiers.
    I still use them for my occasional leisure travel though and I always enjoy the experience, I cashed in all my Avios and am just winding down my account now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

Booking internal flights in Europe but Aer Lingus do not have the specific date that is required.

If I book with BA (business) how do I claim the points on Avios and how can I add these flights to the Aer Lingus totals for Tier points (if at all)

Consierge Member here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭thebiglad

NSAman wrote: »
    Booking internal flights in Europe but Aer Lingus do not have the specific date that is required.

If I book with BA (business) how do I claim the points on Avios and how can I add these flights to the Aer Lingus totals for Tier points (if at all)

Consierge Member here.

Make sure you have a BA Executive Club membership.

You won't get Tier Points for Aer Lingus but the Avios you will receive on your BA Executive club can be transferred to Aer Club - combine avios option (ensure all personal details etc are 100% matching within each program).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Just had a look at booking flight using avios, Dublin Toronto return. €375.76 is the full price, if I spend 26000 avios then it costs €228 in taxes, fees and charges, a saving of €147, well forgive me if I’m a bit underwhelmed.

Edit; ended up booking it normally and the taxes, fees and charges came to €80, bit of a scam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Casati

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    Just had a look at booking flight using avios, Dublin Toronto return. €375.76 is the full price, if I spend 26000 avios then it costs €228 in taxes, fees and charges, a saving of €147, well forgive me if I’m a bit underwhelmed.

Edit; ended up booking it normally and the taxes, fees and charges came to €80, bit of a scam.

You could have booked it via BA Exec club and paid the 80 quid taxes but on a flight so cheap your better off paying for it and using your points either as part payment or for an upgrade

Advertisement