Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,542 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

6 1 way flights in AerSpace fare will get you 300 Tier Credits, 1 Tier Credit off Silver, so in total, 7 1 way flights can get you silver status.

Once you are silver, you have priority check in, fast track security & lounge access.
    So you can blitz it in a week or 2, then have the status for the rest of the year to use the benefits if you take the odd AL flight thereafter...

It's too easy to get status, and that basic level of status gives you about 95% of the useful benefits of being an AerClub member.

In Gold Circle, I was gold (basic level) for 8 years straight, then in the great AerClub changeover debacle, I was booted down to green (no status at all), and within a year had made it to Concierge. I did this by booking mostly Plus fares (25 tier credits per 1 way flight), all to/from the U.K.

I don't think any of this is any different to how other loyalty programmes operate though? Like you get the exact same perks on the first earned Tier on Executive Club, and as far as I can tell the number of flights to get to that tier are much the same.

Is AerClub doing anything any more generous than other loyalty clubs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Club world is usually a lot cheaper ex dub to lots of US cities in my experience versus aerlingus
    Especially to Florida
    Tap portugal even cheaper via Lis

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

Am 65 TP off Silver which resets on 30th June, whats the best AL option (if any) to take a flight to reach that?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Can you get a refund from aer lingus from a cancelled flight..?

Can you get a refund from aer lingus from a cancelled flight..?

Tis suggestions not miracles I'm looking for!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

niallo32 wrote: »
    Am 65 TP off Silver which resets on 30th June, whats the best AL option (if any) to take a flight to reach that?

If you don't want to deal with arrival declaration / quarantine follow up phone calls etc; you need to get five legs on domestic. There's no ability to do either route twice in a day from Dublin as the aircraft overnights at both airports (unless that's changed, but it still looks that way) so you'll need three days to get that in as there are only standard, 15 point fares.

If you are OK with the hassle, Advantage or Aerspace return to LHR will give 80/100 respectively. Doubt there's any point in Aerspace right now!

Now, have fun convincing airport/airline staff the trips are essential particularly if doing three domestic r/ts in a row - domestic tourism only opens up on the 29th currently so you won't have time after that.

L1011 wrote: »
    If you don't want to deal with arrival declaration / quarantine follow up phone calls etc; you need to get five legs on domestic. There's no ability to do either route twice in a day from Dublin as the aircraft overnights at both airports (unless that's changed, but it still looks that way) so you'll need three days to get that in as there are only standard, 15 point fares.

If you are OK with the hassle, Advantage or Aerspace return to LHR will give 80/100 respectively. Doubt there's any point in Aerspace right now!

Now, have fun convincing airport/airline staff the trips are essential particularly if doing three domestic r/ts in a row - domestic tourism only opens up on the 29th currently so you won't have time after that.

Great thanks a day trip return to LHR with advantage would do it, will look into the details of that.

Anyone done a round trip to LHR and reboarded next flight out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

Not so happy with AL and Aer Club, I’m 100 points off Concierge with window reset on June 18th and had to cancel Aer space flights to FRA in March due to Covid plus 5 rescheduled to NYC for September. Would usually have been at least 1-2 Aer space flights per month usually to FRA.

I wrote to AL yesterday as had an overnight to LHR on Aer space and flight was cancelled (by them!) they’ve told me tough sorry points window expires on the 18th, suck it up and nothing they will do.

I know first world problem in great scheme of things but will really make me think twice now about using them as first choice and if back travelling will look elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Noxegon

samo wrote: »
    I know first world problem in great scheme of things but will really make me think twice now about using them as first choice and if back travelling will look elsewhere.

I very much doubt they care. Aer Lingus know they have a captive market out of Ireland and their disloyalty scheme is designed accordingly.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Great thanks a day trip return to LHR with advantage would do it, will look into the details of that.

Anyone done a round trip to LHR and reboarded next flight out?

Not a good idea at LHR as you have to walk the length of the terminal, deal with the ignorant security and immigration and walk the whole way back again. EI at that stage would have already boarded the return.

AMS is walk off walk on, no security, no messing

To be honest if you go to AMS and there is a later flight you might as well take the train and have a walk around before coming back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

I am 2.5 points off 300 tho i'm platinum until November 29th. I'll get a few trips to Luxembourg in for sure this year but ill be flying to Paris or Amsterdam and renting a car and onto Luxembourg. I'll be avoiding Heathrow for sure this year. i'm not too worried about platinum because i travel alone for work and when i travel with my wife we wander around the shops. Plus i don't use that hideous Lounge that Aer Lingus use in Amsterdam. Privium lounge is well worth it with the fast track and eye scanner.

As Platinum once you have 2 flights taken with EI you are automatically Silver on expiry for 12 more months.

Not a good idea at LHR as you have to walk the length of the terminal, deal with the ignorant security and immigration and walk the whole way back again. EI at that stage would have already boarded the return.

AMS is walk off walk on, no security, no messing

To be honest if you go to AMS and there is a later flight you might as well take the train and have a walk around before coming back

Good idea, if restrictions are lifted in the next week or so will do AMS instead

The Irish 14 day quarantine is only till June 19 per the order unless extended.

I'd imagine it will remain for non EU for sometime

Good idea, if restrictions are lifted in the next week or so will do AMS instead

Rent a car. Avis could give you a C4 for about 30 euro. Bring the camera and head out the back of the airport for the day.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

L1011 wrote: »

Why would you even bother..?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

Has anyone booked an AL flight through the avios portal recently? Doesn’t show any availability for flights next year that should be pretty much empty right now.

Policy or just website error?

Timetable not loaded is most likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Fares ex Dub to Mia in business class at the moment for €1380 return available on lots of dates from January to May 2021 on AA, BA or Iberia via CLT, Mad or LHR, will EI be matching this sale?
    Its a lot of avios and nearly ba silver in one trip (threshold 450 tp's next year)

LAX is 1450

I doubt you will see EI fly to MIA in 2021

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Casati

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Fares ex Dub to Mia in business class at the moment for €1380 return available on lots of dates from January to May 2021 on AA, BA or Iberia via CLT, Mad or LHR, will EI be matching this sale?
    Its a lot of avios and nearly ba silver in one trip (threshold 450 tp's next year)

LAX is 1450

You’d be better off flying via AA/ BA and get the points onto your BA Executive Club card - Aerlingus avois are rubbish unless the flight is v expensive

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I doubt you will see EI fly to MIA in 2021

And if they do; they won't be chasing down low fare J passengers - will be tour operator led most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭x567

Just had an email extending my Tier status by a year...

• Registered Users Posts: 42 cunnerz21

As you know we contacted you in April to let you know that we had awarded bonus Tier Credits to your account, now we are delighted to let you know that we have even more good news about your AerClub membership.

As Aer Lingus starts to fly again to some of your favourite destinations, we wanted to make sure that you continue to enjoy the benefits of your Concierge tier. We are extending Concierge memberships that were due to expire between 01 Jul 2020 and 31 Jul 2021 by an additional 12 months.

Your Concierge expiry date is 12 Jan 2021 and we will be extending this to 12 Jan 2022. Any unredeemed benefits have also been extended to the new expiry date. Tier Credits will reset to zero on your next anniversary date as per our normal terms and conditions.

You don't need to do anything. We will send you an updated card over the next few weeks with an extended expiry date of 12 Jan 2022.

We look forward to welcoming you on board again soon

Great stuff! Extended until November 29th 2021 :D And also just got the nod to go on my first work trip to Luxembourg 29th July.

Have to fly to AMS tho and drive to LUX as i'm not aloud go through Heathrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I've had the same email re my silver status. The extra points they gave us previously took me over 300 to extend another year anyway so doesn't make a difference to me. I'm unlikely to get another 300 before November as I cant see work travel to the US resuming this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

I knew they would listen to me eventually :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭micosoft

Same. Concierge straight through to end of 21. Bought some loyalty from me for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭a clanger

Its a good move in fairness but KLM did this back in March !!.....better late than never. Now if they would only sort out the crap Advantage tickets and put them back to the flexible version they were prior aer space. I'ts a bit crap that there is no flexible ticket without fare differences etc....what happened to rocking up with your (expensive) ticket and saying I'll travel on this one thanks !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

a clanger wrote: »
    Its a good move in fairness but KLM did this back in March !!.....better late than never. Now if they would only sort out the crap Advantage tickets and put them back to the flexible version they were prior aer space. I'ts a bit crap that there is no flexible ticket without fare differences etc....what happened to rocking up with your (expensive) ticket and saying I'll travel on this one thanks !

Plus fares allow you to do that on the day of travel.

Advertisement