Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irelands fittest family

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

Davy does so much shouting that it's rendered useless. You can't get a message across that way. He's overhyped as a gaa manager too, burns out his teams.

Dervla is professional. Proper focus, not roaring and bawling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

The eliminator was a great watch, so close.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Anna’s voice would go through you, the shrillness of it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,411 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Arduach wrote: »
    Davy does so much shouting that it's rendered useless. You can't get a message across that way. He's overhyped as a gaa manager too, burns out his teams.

Dervla is professional. Proper focus, not roaring and bawling.

Before the Hanging Tough, he told his team to talk to him when they were struggling.

The Mammy on the team tried to do exactly that, calling Davey, Davey but he never heard her with all his shouting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I notice that since Donncha lost the head with a family a couple of weeks ago, he's been a lot quieter and focused - maybe taking a leaf from Derval's book!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Agree Davey could dial back the shouting a bit but I still think he is the best of them and pushes his team to win.

Anna seems to be a bit of a sore loser when things don't go her way.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Agree Davey could dial back the shouting a bit but I still think he is the best of them and pushes his team to win.

Anna seems to be a bit of a sore loser when things don't go her way.

Shouting and roaring doesn't get the best out of most people in fairness. Although it does depend on what else he might be doing off camera and the personalities for the teams.

Personally, I don't think the coaches have a big impact on this - tis all for the drama and entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

Just caught up on last weeks episode. I really enjoyed The Lake. Well done to the Mileys, 4th in the first two events but a battling performance in the eliminator and they are into the semis. It was a very exciting race, it could have gone either way. There is huge variety in all the events you can excel in one and be bottom in others.

On the issue of tactical injuries/withdrawals, I really felt Davey pulled that stunt in last years final. He seems very desperate to win all the time, his shouting and roaring is a bit OTT at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,575 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The eliminator was a great watch, so close.

Tell me about it. I was on the edge of my couch. Was delighted when the Mileys won.
    Caprica wrote: »
    Just caught up on last weeks episode. I really enjoyed The Lake. Well done to the Mileys, 4th in the first two events but a battling performance in the eliminator and they are into the semis. It was a very exciting race, it could have gone either way. There is huge variety in all the events you can excel in one and be bottom in .

It was the best episode so far.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

It was funny to hear Donncha on Brendan O'Connor last weekend, saying how great it is to have to keep 2m distance from the other judges, and Davey in particular.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Derval has a great record in the eliminators, think that's 4 in a row she's won.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Davey has a good team this year, would be surprised if they don't make the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

The Kulczynski family is very strong, and Derval's approach is calm and encouraging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Jeez, why did that lad opt to participate in that event. He clearly couldn't swim a length at all....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Azatadine wrote: »
    Jeez, why did that lad opt to participate in that event. He clearly couldn't swim a length at all....

That's the reason I won't participate, I can't swim.
    Pity.
    I'd be so strong otherwise...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Azatadine wrote: »

If you mean the O'Rourke lad dunno why he was walking. Ruth Allen shouldn't have got near him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Azatadine

pjohnson wrote: »
    If you mean the O'Rourke lad dunno why he was walking. Ruth Allen shouldn't have got near him.

Yeah, that lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

O'Rourke in trouble again!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Eardrums get a relief anyway Anna is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,014 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Eardrums get a relief anyway Anna is gone.

I can listen to Davy's roaring any day over Anna's.
    She has some lungs on her :D

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
    Ms

He was walking because he was exhausted from trying to swim. He clearly Is not a good swimmer if he learnt it at all. Very lucky no life guards needed to rescue him. I wonder do they even have life guards at the water events. I was rescued by one at the place in Blancherstown once. Be or She can't remember that thought I was in troubled but I was grand.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Jeez Ailbhe Bracken done great. You could really see the pain in her face and feel it. I think the bar been metal makes it very hard. It should be plastic or wood.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

I think it’s a great show, although I think some of the coaches couldn’t give a sh** about the families.
    (Anna and Derval)

.. it’s quality TV though

Ms

Awe that was so close. I feel sorry for the Brackens and Anna but someone has to go out and its them.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

doughef wrote: »
    I think it’s a great show, although I think some of the coaches couldn’t give a sh** about the families.
    (Anna and Derval)

.. it’s quality TV though
    I disagree. She Derval is obviously doing something right. She has got all 4 of her familys into the Semi Finals and won every elimanator she has ever been in.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

The girls were excellent tonite

Ruth Allen was savage in the first event and Aoife O'Rourke was brilliant in the eliminator

The older Kulczynski was not happy being outshone by his younger brother

Green&Red wrote: »

I was delighted the younger guy had his moment in the spotlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,852 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Green&Red wrote: »
    The girls were excellent tonite

Ruth Allen was savage in the first event and Aoife O'Rourke was brilliant in the eliminator

Those two young Kulczynski kids are really good.
    Really enjoying this series.

I thought Geary's family would definitely win the eliminator! o'rourke's family were so poor in both the first two tasks, picking yer man who can't swim?!? What a bad decision

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭ax530

I do think Derval coaching style does help the family's. Instead of just shouting & pep talk she gives them tips on what to do and advises. I think the O Rourke's pipped the eliminator today because of her coaching them on the high wall.
    Anyhow the challenge amongst coaches won't be around this year as Derval coaching most families and perhaps all the families in the final.
    We really enjoy watching show actually only thing we all watch.

• Advertisement
    Ms

ax530 wrote: »
    I do think Derval coaching style does help the family's. Instead of just shouting & pep talk she gives them tips on what to do and advises. I think the O Rourke's pipped the eliminator today because of her coaching them on the high wall.
    Anyhow the challenge amongst coaches won't be around this year as Derval coaching most families and perhaps all the families in the final.
    We really enjoy watching show actually only thing we all watch.

Yes it will be very interesting to see what happens if that were to happen. Would the other couches then each take one of her familys or would she decide which coach gets which family? I take it she would get first choice. I know who I would like her to pick out of her familys and who I want to win it all

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement