Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Matchday Thread - Pulisball vs "Vardez": The Ultimate Battle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If Kane keeps his bonus point I'll finish on 73 (-12).

I won't rush to do -12 again but I'd be 20 points worse off this week without it. I never want the team in such a jock again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

54 points.
    2 bad weeks in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I missed most of the 2nd half. Was Rose's injury bad? Any assist for the Kane goal?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I missed most of the 2nd half. Was Rose's injury bad? Any assist for the Kane goal?

No idea.

Lamela.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Knowing Kane would **** me over & Spurs would run a muck.. I felt goals galore tonight...

So I backed Spurs & Over 3.5 goals at 4/1

and

Harry Kane to score anytime at 3/1

I did kane anytime as part of a double he was 4/6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I can't be the only one who's reading Kane and pronouncing it the same as you would Mane!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

I did kane anytime as part of a double he was 4/6

On the PP app he was a power play for anytime scorer at 3/1, max was 10 euro you could put on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Steven81 wrote: »
    On the PP app he was a power play for anytime scorer at 3/1, max was 10 euro you could put on

Missed that that was a great bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Missed that that was a great bet.

Sure was! Woulda been all over that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

54 -4 and glad to see the back of gw 11.

• Advertisement

Rose assist gone, Kane 2bps

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Good lad Kane, a goal and 2bps - looks like 73 (from 10 players) onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,518 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

66(-4) amazing what one late goal can do for your outlook on the GW

KevIRL wrote: »
    66(-4) amazing what one late goal can do for your outlook on the GW

Isn't it just, I was in the doldrums, now I'm almost giddy!

I'm interested to see how far back up the rankings I go, I was 3k starting the week then back to 15k before tonight's 18 point total.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Fecking Kane!

Ending the week on 61. Fairly average by all accounts. Should see a further drop. Getting out of the 200k deadzone is proving difficult. Oh how I miss the glory days of struggling to stay in the top 30k! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Why is Kane getting bonus points? Pelle seemed more deserving!

I'm interested to see how far back up the rankings I go, I was 3k starting the week then back to 15k before tonight's 18 point total.

The answer to the above question is I'm back to ~6k

That Kane goal turned a disastrous week into a far more palatable mediocre week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

siblers wrote: »
    Why is Kane getting bonus points? Pelle seemed more deserving!

English bias clearly ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

3rd red arrow in a roe sees me drop 20k to 80k
    my 2 transfers this week were annoying
    went against my gut and got in kolarov and kdb purely as blockers
    lesson learned but 2 FT wasted!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Invincible

68pts brings me from 18k-16K.
    Kane mediocre during match, pops up with goal and ends on 2 bps, being English is a bps magnet seemingly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

73 sees me going from 105k -> 70k. Still have deadwood in my team that I want rid of in Richards and Sinclair. How I ever ended up with 2 Villa players I'll never know.

EDIT: Actually, add Ruddy to that too. I've wanted to go Ruddy -> Butland before he hit that run of form. Makes it all the more devastating how he's been playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Finished on 76. Happy enough with that, things are going pretty well. I am up from 1.8million to 287,000 since GW 6. Green arrows all the way, hopefully that will continue over the next few weeks. Using the WC during GW 9 has proved very beneficial, I've 2 freebies and will prob only use 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

66 points sees me rise slightly yet again to 45k. A pretty decent weekend with a bit of surgery to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

55 points. And while it's 1 point under the average it could be one of the most important average to poor week I'll ever have.

Honestly I was as downhearted as I ever have been in the game since peak Yaya/Ramsey on Saturday evening. So while I've fallen back to 700k it has refocused the mind and it's time to have a period of no tomfoolery and climb up to as close to 100k as I can by Christmas/New Year. That's 60 bloody points that most sane people got for free with Vardez.

It's a good job I like a challenge :cool:

Got this mail back regarding queries i had

Please find below an answer to your question relating to the awarding of points for this last GW, GW11.

1. OPTA, who provide us with all our stats, have decided that this Ighalo did get a touch on the ball (for Watford's first goal again West Ham) before it was deflected in by the defender, and so the striker has been awarded the points for the goal.

2. In Man City's match, Sterling was correctly awarded an assist as he won the penalty that was scored by Toure, with his shot striking the arm of a Norwich defender in the penalty box.

3. In Spurs' game against Aston Villa, Danny Rose has now only been awarded points for one assist. He set up Spurs' first goal, but has not been given any points for assisting his team's second goal, as his cross was headed away by a defender before the goal was scored, which counted as a significant deflection. Please see the following from the 'RULES' section of the website: 'If an opposing player touches the ball after the final pass before a goal is scored, significantly altering the intended destination of the ball, then no assist is awarded.'

For the avoidance of doubt, points awarded in-game are subject to change up until one hour after the final whistle of the last match of any given day. Once the points have all been updated on that day, no further adjustments to points will be made.'

Regards,
    Fantasy Premier League Support

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

55 points. And while it's 1 point under the average it could be one of the most important average to poor week I'll ever have.

Honestly I was as downhearted as I ever have been in the game since peak Yaya/Ramsey on Saturday evening. So while I've fallen back to 700k it has refocused the mind and it's time to have a period of no tomfoolery and climb up to as close to 100k as I can by Christmas/New Year. That's 60 bloody points that most sane people got for free with Vardez.

This is EXACTLY my aim. At 1.2M OR after a rush of blood to the head during the WC. What seemed like a season ending disaster was somewhat saved by Kane (C) last night. Ended on 53 for the week.

My new aim is finish in top 100k for the season.

Every year I go through this feeling that things aren't going great for me (often around November). There will be good weeks and poor weeks, that's just part of the game. Have to keep pressing on, I've a big pot of cash that I'm aiming for this year in a work league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

53 and a pretty awful week, benching Mahrez didn't help and choosing Bony over Lukaku also hurts some. I guess a drop of 30k down to 60k isn't the end of the world though.

Advertisement