Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Matchday Thread - Pulisball vs "Vardez": The Ultimate Battle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

siblers wrote: »
    Currently 791st overall and 46th in Ireland, on the rise after a few average weeks. I should be happy with 73 with once to go but again my choice of captain is costing me so many points.

Clearly not doing that badly, you can't expect to get it right every time. If for example Butland was your top scorer this week, you're hardly gonna be pissed you didn't captain him and say that it cost you points?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

76 all out, Bertrand and Pellè getting me a nice top-up today.

Up inside the top 8k for now, but with Spurs to play tomorrow and I'd imagine a few people to get Ighalo or Mahrez's points off the bench I don't reckon I'll be staying in the top 10k.

Great position to be in for now though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭siblers

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Clearly not doing that badly, you can't expect to get it right every time. If for example Butland was your top scorer this week, you're hardly gonna be pissed you didn't captain him and say that it cost you points?

I had Butland on the bench! Although Cech got me 7 so not a huge issue. Ah I can't complain really this week, I swapped Pelle for De Bruyen as captain last minute and I hadn't even contemplated picking Ighaloo or Marez as captain but my captains rarely get me more than 10/12 points, where as a lot of other people in my league are frequently getting 20+ off their captains which is what seems to be mainly keeping them in touch with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

People moaning when they're in the top 1k.

Jesus. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I had Butland on the bench! Although Cech got me 7 so not a huge issue. Ah I can't complain really this week, I swapped Pelle for De Bruyen as captain last minute and I hadn't even contemplated picking Ighaloo or Marez as captain but my captains rarely get me more than 10/12 points, where as a lot of other people in my league are frequently getting 20+ off their captains which is what seems to be mainly keeping them in touch with me.

Well for me I was only really considering Pelle or KDB. I went with Pelle so I just wanted him to outscore KDB for me to say I made the right choice :)
    it doesn't really bother me too much that Mahrez or Lukaku went mental because I wasn't realistically going to captain them. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

73 with Alderweireld left to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I hope this isn't your first post here, you can't arrive in with a score like that:eek:

If I had played Mahrez and Butland instead of Myhill and Cresswell I'd have 91, as it is I make do with 67.

It is indeed his first.

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?query=&forum=1535&user=216548&date_from=&date_to=

Internet detectives unite!

Nib wrote: »

Not moaning really, it's just that when you do break into the top 1,000 you want to stay there and it can be a bit frustrating for me when I'm leaving valuable points behind me.
    Well for me I was only really considering Pelle or KDB. I went with Pelle so I just wanted him to outscore KDB for me to say I made the right choice
    it doesn't really bother me too much that Mahrez or Lukaku went mental because I wasn't realistically going to captain them
    Yeah same here, I was actually really surprised that so many had benched/sold Mahrez so the 15 points he did get was pretty huge this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

77 points, all played

I've 2 FT's and 4.9m ITB, I'm ready for the Kane bandwagon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

63 points for the week. Surprised that I've moved up to 56k with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Nib wrote: »

I spent 24 hours in the top 1k last season. It was the best 24 hours of my fantasy football career. I can appreciate his anxiety and fear of slipping out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

56 all out with Mahrez first sub!....ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭First Explorer

82 all in, gets me back within touching distance in most of my leagues, hopefully I can kick on from here. Captain was a toss up between Lukaku and De Bruyne i went with the latter based on the boards poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

56 all out with Mahrez first sub!....ah well.

53 with Dier to play,like you I have Mahrez as first sub teasing me with his 15 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Not moaning really, it's just that when you do break into the top 1,000 you want to stay there and it can be a bit frustrating for me when I'm leaving valuable points behind me..

We're all leaving valuable points behind!

1 captain choice in 11 has got a contribution and that was the week Aguero ran riot!

Just don't seem to be getting it right this year like players top of my pay leagues.

But eh, when you're up there it is a diff ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,206 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

59 (-12) with Kane (c) to go.

It could be very meh, or very special come 10pm tomorrow.

Muniesa (0) ----> Nyom (5) (would've been Russell Martin playing without this transfer too).

Mata (3) ----> Payet (2)

Costa (2) ----> Lukaku (14)

Sakho (0) ----> Kane (????) (would've been Surman's 2 points without the transfer)

That has to be deemed an instant success even without whatever Kane gets. Never mind the fact I've also dealt with some long term issues in the team.

Likely Martin out for someone next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

41 pts with Kane (c) & Alderweireld to come. I've slipped from 3k to 15k so far this week, begging for a Kane hattrick!

Could have done without Bertand & Lukaku getting big hauls today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

64 all in. Up to 43k now :D bench looking horrible tho. Souare doubtful, both Wanyama and Martin suspended. Gonna swap out Martin for someone..maybe Moreno.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Rikand wrote: »
    Pics or gtfo!

First Time posting a picture hopefully this works

21st in the world at the minute

Fantasy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Anyone can post that screen! Needs to be the transfers page to make it legit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

jimmii wrote: »
    Anyone can post that screen! Needs to be the transfers page to make it legit!

I don't understand ?

km79 wrote: »
    I don't understand ?

Could be someone else's team although why he'd go to the bother of doing that is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

Could be someone else's team although why he'd go to the bother of doing that is beyond me.

oh right
    in fairness his name and username match

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

domrush wrote: »
    First Time posting a picture hopefully this works

21st in the world at the minute

Fantasy.jpg

Is that a triple captain on Lukaku then? Nutcase!!

21 GW rank make more sense all right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

I think it's real. How many Dom Rushes can there be?

Fair play, that's impressive. I presume that's Ighalo on the bench? And Fonte off early. You could have done a lot better with a bit more luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭dahat

It is real, sure his team I'd is in the screen cap as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Nice return on my -8 and AOA in the end leaving me on 75 (-8) and a nice rise OR of nearly 100k to 215k.

Pity i didn't captain Lukaku but never really considered him seriously tbh. I did have it on Pelle and switched to KDB last minute as i couldn't do it to myself, which only cost me 1 pt.

From the fotmob updates Mané seems to have missed a couple which could have made it a great week. Will leave motd2 till tomorrow.

8 point hit gained 23 pts, 15 gain after the hit. AOA gained 13pts by playing Mahrez over Moreno. Has ti go down as a good week.

Crap run atm and it's well timed points hits that is digging me out lately, as well as clearing deadwood out of the team....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,710 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

42 points with Dier, Alderweireld and Kane (c) to go.

Cue spurs conceding some pointless goal in the last 5 mins to cost me 2 x CS.
    ... Prob a Kane OG knowing my luck.

Red arrows all around.

Currently in the 2.2 million overall ranking.
    Two-point-two-million better teams then me.

There are gw 1 zombie team a million places ahead of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I just love that there's a fashion and grooming folder on the tabs there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

CSF wrote: »
    I just love that there's a fashion and grooming folder on the tabs there.

Not gonna lie, I went to look at his bookmarks before his team ID/info. Looks like he has good taste! :pac:

Advertisement