Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iD Mobile - 3 months free on any plan -30 day sim-only plans included

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Tinie wrote: »
    Probably a good idea to start cancelling now if you dont want to pay for the service after the free months.

I'm actually happy with it, is a keeper for the time being until I find a better offer.

OK, major hitch. With 48 once you use up your data allowance you can just top up for 3 quid and add more. I used mine on id today and can not add more, they do not have the option. I got on to support who confirmed I can change my plan but that will not become effective until 1st Jan leaving me with no data Xmas week and being charged €5 per 250MB. I've told them I'm cancelling immediately because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭DopeTech

OK, major hitch. With 48 once you use up your data allowance you can just top up for 3 quid and add more. I used mine on id today and can not add more, they do not have the option. I got on to support who confirmed I can change my plan but that will not become effective until 1st Jan leaving me with no data Xmas week and being charged €5 per 250MB. I've told them I'm cancelling immediately because of it.
    They really need to sort out the basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Unless you want to start paying for the service, you need to contact iD to give a minimum of 30 days notice to close your account. Verbal notice is adequate.

They may try to discourage you or even distract and confuse you but just ask clearly what is the last date of your three month free period and say that you want to give notice to cancel on that date (not earlier or later).

They may ask you to phone back 30 days before that date. Just repeat the request to cancel on the specific end date. You are entitled to give more that 30 days notice if you wish.

They may try to cancel the account early. Just repeat the request to cancel on the specific end date - not earlier.

Eventually they should agree. Otherwise ask for a supervisor. When you have agreement, note the names of whoever you've been speaking to and ask for a confirming email.

And finally - make sure you don't use the service after the closing date.

Yeah, I'm just trying to figure what network to change to. I've gone back and checked, I only activated my account on the 7th Nov so I'm still midway through month 2 of 3 and would need to be cancelling and giving 30 days notice in the next week to finish at the end of the 3 free months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Be careful. iD bill on a monthly basis from the first of the month. Even though you started on 7/11/15, you'll probably find that they regard the first free month as being from 1/11/15.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Their cancellations closes at half 4 as opposed to the usual 8 o'clock so that's something to keep in mind.

I'll cancel tomorrow and head back to 3 PAYG.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭DopeTech

They seem to have live chat on their site now inside customer care hours. Might be handy for asking questions when it's not convenient to call.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

FrostyJim wrote: »
    They seem to have live chat on their site now inside customer care hours. Might be handy for asking questions when it's not convenient to call.

I went on the live chat and was told they can't deal with it on there and to ring customer care on 1747 and ask to be put through to cancellations.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Morby

Feck! I signed up on the 8th of November and forgot to cancel!

3 months will be up on 8th February or thereabouts, I guess there's no way of getting out without giving 30 days notice?

Took out 2 phones on the plan and don't fancy being hit for €29 X 2 for the next month on them.

My own fault though :(

• Advertisement

3 months will be up on 8th February or thereabouts, I guess there's no way of getting out without giving 30 days notice?

Took out 2 phones on the plan and don't fancy being hit for €29 X 2 for the next month on them.

Morby wrote: »

No but you can reduce the plan up to the last day of the month, new plan comes into effect on the first

No but you can reduce the plan up to the last day of the month, new plan comes into effect on the first

Thanks, unfortunately I think i've just missed out on that too - "Please note changes will only be applied from 01/03/2016"

I'm some eejit! :o

Advertisement