Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iD Mobile - 3 months free on any plan -30 day sim-only plans included

Options
  • 25-10-2015 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭

WZz5knK.jpg?1
    Trick or Treat this Halloween?

With iD it’s just one big treat because we’ve got 3 months free minutes, texts and data for you. Just move your number to iD bill pay by November 1st and your treat bag is full for the next 3 months.

Looking at this offer and it seems like you can sign up and get 3 months free and port away again when 3 months are up if you don't want to stay with them.

Thought I would share here as it seems like a good deal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Just a quick bit of information for anyone signing up:

- iPhones don't get 4G yet (and any that do receives the data speeds intermittently): this is a restriction made by Apple.
    - Service hasn't been too good: they had a major outage during the week whereby all calls and texts wouldn't work.
    - Support is good, but they close at 8pm. There is no 24/7 support.
    - Account Management on their website is limited and very basic.

(I'm an iD Mobile customer, and also a Three customer- plus, I run MoolaMonkey.com, so I'm being impartial in mentioning the above)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭newwan

FrostyJim wrote: »
    WZz5knK.jpg?1

Looking at this offer and it seems like you can sign up and get 3 months free and port away again when 3 months are up if you don't want to stay with them.

Thought I would share here as it seems like a good deal.

Is it definitely only for 3 months? Uses 3 network iI assume..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

newwan wrote: »
    Is it definitely only for 3 months? Uses 3 network iI assume..
    That's the deal. I don't have any insider knowledge, I can't see them extending it to longer. It wouldn't make business sense if they had people to give them even more free months.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭newwan

What iImean is that you're not locked in to another 9 months or more after the free contract ends...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

They've had five outages in the last two months. I wouldn't do it.

• Advertisement

newwan wrote: »
    What iImean is that you're not locked in to another 9 months or more after the free contract ends...

No when you click on the link you can select 30 day sim only. Nothing in the terms about having to stay longer either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I was in blanch today
    Its valid till 1_November.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

They've had five outages in the last two months. I wouldn't do it.

Three had an outage yesterday, service was disrupted for most of the day for the majority of customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

- iPhones don't get 4G yet (and any that do receives the data speeds intermittently): this is a restriction made by Apple.

Just for this network you are talking about I presume? :confused:

adox wrote: »
    Just for this network you are talking about I presume? :confused:

Yes, just iD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Three had an outage yesterday, service was disrupted for most of the day for the majority of customers.

I'm aware, I'm with Three (bf is ID). Three haven't had outages every couple of weeks though. One or two is normal enough. Five in eight weeks isn't normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

where does it say you can move away after 3 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

4real wrote: »
    where does it say you can move away after 3 months?

If youre on a 30 day sim only, just give 30_days notice

hY6Qmgp.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

So three months for free sounds good to me. Was going to switch soon anyway off current network (voda).

To those that know, can you just cancel online or is it a long winded process of writing to them etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

If youre on a 30 day sim only, just give 30_days notice

Am I missing something. This seems to be only available in bill pay which is term of 12, 18 or 24 months. Doesn't seem to be available on pre pay.

Am I missing something. This seems to be only available in bill pay which is term of 12, 18 or 24 months. Doesn't seem to be available on pre pay.

It's only available on bill. 30 day sim only option is there too. You select your plan and scroll to the bottom and choose I don't need a phone.

It seems to work on the 30 day one also, whether its meant to or not I dont know.

kffcOHm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Acara

Tinie wrote: »
    It seems to work on the 30 day one also, whether its meant to or not I dont know.

kffcOHm.jpg

I was told that it is a 12 month rolling contract. Could you tell me what is a rolling contract. I am existing UPC customer and also on 3 pay as you go. I was going for unlimited calls, texts and data for 25 month. What sold me was calls to any nat landline and network. Because using 3 and v happy with coverage thought this would be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Acara wrote: »
    I was told that it is a 12 month rolling contract. Could you tell me what is a rolling contract. I am existing UPC customer and also on 3 pay as you go. I was going for unlimited calls, texts and data for 25 month. What sold me was calls to any nat landline and network. Because using 3 and v happy with coverage thought this would be the same.

A 12 month rolling contract means you're tied into the contract for a year. A 30 day rolling contract is the norm for sim-only contracts(contract without a phone).

I don't think that this would be a 12 month contract.

I'd ignore the 'Total to pay today ' amount, when I joined Three they had the same thing, you only pay when your sim is activated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

Acara wrote: »
    What sold me was calls to any nat landline and network. Because using 3 and v happy with coverage thought this would be the same.

Tesco Mobile PAYG on same network (which I find very reliable) does unlimited calls to landline & any network if you top up €15 per month. You can use the €15 credit to buy unlimited texts (€10) and 1Gb data (€5) or 5Gb data (€10). Not tied in to any contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

kffcOHm.jpg

.... note that it says in the screenshot "We will take this as a direct debit from your account every month". Doesn't mention 3 months free and nothing about it in the online T&Cs. I was considering trying it out for the 3m but I know that trying to deal with CPW customer service is like banging your head against a brick wall so I figure it's not worth the potential grief unless there is a very clear statement in writing that they won't start dd until a specified date and that contract can be cancelled with 30 days notice.

Furzy wrote: »
    .... note that it says in the screenshot "We will take this as a direct debit from your account every month". Doesn't mention 3 months free and nothing about it in the online T&Cs. I was considering trying it out for the 3m but I know that trying to deal with CPW customer service is like banging your head against a brick wall so I figure it's not worth the potential grief unless there is a very clear statement in writing that they won't start dd until a specified date and that contract can be cancelled with 30 days notice.
    Confirmed in store its valid on a thirty days contract so you can cancel after two months and receive no charges.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Just be forewarned, the network up to now have had nothing but problems, just take a look at their twitter and FB accounts, Im a customer of theirs since Aug, and I have already moved 2 numbers back to 48months that I switched over on to their staff plans, its just not worth the grief anymore. The amount of times people have been texting me saying "is there something wrong with your phone, I cant get thru to you" despite having full signal.

My wife and eldest son had been using id sims and numerous times i had issues calling their phones, sometimes it would take 3 or 4 times of dialling their number before Id get a ringing tone, and even then, there is no guarantee that the call wouldnt drop

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

How d'ya go about cancelling it?

Can it be done simple enough on the website or do you've to send them formal notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Tinie wrote: »
    Confirmed in store its valid on a thirty days contract so you can cancel after two months and receive no charges.

How was it confirmed in store? Did you see something in writing? Being told verbally by a salesperson isn't proper confirmation. They'll say anything and often not know the ins and outs and this won't help you when you're trying to get a direct debit refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

- Service hasn't been too good: they had a major outage during the week whereby all calls and texts wouldn't work.
    - Support is good, but they close at 8pm. There is no 24/7 support.
    - Account Management on their website is limited and very basic.

(I'm an iD Mobile customer, and also a Three customer- plus, I run MoolaMonkey.com, so I'm being impartial in mentioning the above)

Thanks for the info. Just fyi I went to your website for a gander but its not loading for me on Chrome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Just to further echo the sentiments of problems.

The plans all come with 4G, however if you have 4G enabled on the handset and your phone is operating on the 4G network more often than not incoming calls will go straight to voicemail* as the required handoff to 3G to take the call doesn't seem to happen correctly. End result you need to leave the handset on 3G only to be able to have any hope of calls getting through reliably.

And as is par for the course with the Three network when you do this the 3G speeds are so slow as to make them practically unusable.

*Voicemail doesn't seem to work properly either. The vast majority of the time rather than hitting your voicemail greeting your caller will get a looped "Sorry, your call is restricted" message.

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Just fyi I went to your website for a gander but its not loading for me on Chrome
    Thanks for that heads-up. I've got it blocked at present as I'm redeveloping it, but I hope to have it up later this evening.
    Thank you for your information!

Advertisement