Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iD Mobile - 3 months free on any plan -30 day sim-only plans included

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

FrostyJim wrote: »
    WZz5knK.jpg?1

Looking at this offer and it seems like you can sign up and get 3 months free and port away again when 3 months are up if you don't want to stay with them.

Thought I would share here as it seems like a good deal.

From past experiences with 3,,,,,nightmare to deal with,,,,,, when cancelling,,,,, get some guy in banglaindia,who dissent understand you,and won't take no for an answer,,,,,,,stay away,,,I definitely will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

From past experiences with 3,,,,,nightmare to deal with,,,,,, when cancelling,,,,, get some guy in banglaindia,who dissent understand you,and won't take no for an answer,,,,,,,stay away,,,I definitely will

What had your experiences with three customer support got to do with anything? You won't be dealing with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

some guy in banglaindia,who dissent understand you
    Might equally be some guy in Clonsilla, Wexford, Balbriggan that dissent understand you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭newwan

So feck it i went for it. But saidt i id get them to post it to me. But that will take 5 days and I'd like it tomorrow.

Does anyone know can iIstill collect in store? I coukd cancel it but don't would prefer to just change and collect in store instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭newwan

They cancelled it for me and were very helpful. Good start so far with id!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Bottom line - can I sign up for 30-day sim only, not pay a dime for 3 months, and then move on to another network?
    Or is this one of those sneaky offers like Eir where it is €30 a month for four months, and then €82 for 14 more months. Where the €30 a month is in large. And where the €82 a month / 18month contract is in small.

I went for this, I'm still undecided about activating the SIM when it arrives. I have a work phone rarely and make calls it seems texts on my private one, I only really need a 4g data package so not too concerned about their network issues, like any new startup they'll get there eventually. I badly need to get off the 48 network which has gone to crap since O2 got sold to Three, I know Three have bought 48 so their network will improve soon, I'll go back to 48 when they get 4G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I went for this, I'm still undecided about activating the SIM when it arrives. I have a work phone rarely and make calls it seems texts on my private one, I only really need a 4g data package so not too concerned about their network issues, like any new startup they'll get there eventually. I badly need to get off the 48 network which has gone to crap since O2 got sold to Three, I know Three have bought 48 so their network will improve soon, I'll go back to 48 when they get 4G.

iD runs on the Three network.....

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

If you think you had problems using 48months then be prepared to have even more using iDMobile, and also not all handsets are capable of getting 4G with iDMobile as they only use 900mhz band compared to three who use both 900 and 1800 bands.

Kensington wrote: »
    iD runs on the Three network.....

I know that, but without 4G. In my own area the coverage went to crap after the takeover on 48 but my work phone and ipad on Three has decent coverage and 4g

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

myshirt wrote: »
    Bottom line - can I sign up for 30-day sim only, not pay a dime for 3 months, and then move on to another network?
    Or is this one of those sneaky offers like Eir where it is €30 a month for four months, and then €82 for 14 more months. Where the €30 a month is in large. And where the €82 a month / 18month contract is in small.

Your first mistake was mentioning Eir.
    Your second mistake was not reading the thread.

What had your experiences with three customer support got to do with anything? You won't be dealing with them.

Thought its 3 customer care,you eventually have to talk to ref tech problems etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Thought its 3 customer care,you eventually have to talk to ref tech problems etc?

If you buy a lenovo you dont talk to IBM!

If you buy a lenovo you dont talk to IBM!

Ha,,,,actually did buy a leonovo,,,but yeah I get your drift

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Seems like you need to give notice in writing and I'm going to sign up tomorrow so will give notice 60 days in.

Be advised, loads of issues with network again this evening, from about 4pm thru to 7ish calls constantly been dropped, nearly impossible to make a call without it been dropped, people calling iDMobile numbers were getting engaged tones instead of a ringing tone. When calls were connecting, we couldn't hear first 10-15 seconds of the call, not even the phone ringing.

Plenty people getting on to iDMobile on Twitter complaining of same issues during this time frame also

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Be advised, loads of issues with network again this evening, from about 4pm thru to 7ish calls constantly been dropped, nearly impossible to make a call without it been dropped, people calling iDMobile numbers were getting engaged tones instead of a ringing tone. When calls were connecting, we couldn't hear first 10-15 seconds of the call, not even the phone ringing.

Plenty people getting on to iDMobile on Twitter complaining of same issues during this time frame also

Wow really? More issues?!

I'm going to try signing up anyway because hey, 3 months free so why not but I really hope these issues iron themselves out.

Three's network has been reliable for me at least so it's odd how this is occurring when they themselves use Three.

Well after another outage today from around 12.30 till 2pm, I finally decided, enough is enough to and I took my last 2 numbers away from them this afternoon. Whatever setup they are using, it's certainly different to that of three and likes of 48 & Tesco, my kids use 48, and three here and they have no issues with signal, or 3G and 4G coverage, whereas the phones with iDMobile were constantly up and down over the last 3-4 weeks.

In fairness to id, the first month wasn't to bad. Their problems seem to have escalated with the launch of virgin who have the very same network agreement with three also, so that could be one of the reason as to why things have been so bad of late.

I placed an order anyway as I mostly use data anyway which usually goes unaffected by those issues.

Having an issue with address verification now whereby I cannot get a bank statement newer than 3 months so I've been on to support anyway.

Got an email saying the order has been despatched so does this mean that a) the order has gone true fine and b) would I still qualify for the 3 months free even though I won't get the sim until Monday at the earliest?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Niemoj wrote: »
    Would I still qualify for the 3 months free even though I won't get the sim until Monday at the earliest?

Probably best to phone and confirm with iD before activating the new sim. Get the agent's name.

• Advertisement

Probably best to phone and confirm with iD before activating the new sim. Get the agent's name.

Cheers Peter.

Support hasn't responded to my last query and they won't be back until Monday which is when the sim is due to be delivered so we'll see anyway.

I'm hoping that because the order was placed and I signed up before the 1st of November that I apply.

All going to plan I'll post how I get on anyway.

You can ring them on 0897001747 (which is a mobile call of course and they're busy at the moment understandably) but they're open 8am-8pm Sat and Sun.

You can ring them on 0897001747 (which is a mobile call of course and they're busy at the moment understandably) but they're open 8am-8pm Sat and Sun.
    So they're open business as usual tomorrow? I'd have thought they'd have had it off, my bad.

Sorry for all the constant questions!

Offer extended until the 9th of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Mind me asking where you came across this?

Not disbelieving you or anything, just don't see it mention of this on the website or their FB page. I'm hoping it has been extended though as I didn't get around to switching yet.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Moyglish wrote: »
    Mind me asking where you came across this?

Not disbelieving you or anything, just don't see it mention of this on the website or their FB page. I'm hoping it has been extended though as I didn't get around to switching yet.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Oh sorry, I'll put up a screenshot shortly.

They told me over chat on Facebook when I queried if I'd still be eligible for the offer even though I hadn't received the sim yet.

NB Don't just start using the sim which iD send you. You must port a number to it to get the three months free.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Do they offer the iphone 5s or 6 in any packages?

Do they offer the iphone 5s or 6 in any packages?

They don't have any agreement in place with Apple as of yet, so they haven't any IPhones available

• Advertisement

Hiya,

Sorry for the late response (post Hallowe'en hangover and the like!:D) but anyway here's the screenshot of the chat where iD says they've extended the offer until the 9th.

jG7YfEX.png

Advertisement