Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iD Mobile - 3 months free on any plan -30 day sim-only plans included

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Just started porting over the number and will have to wait for it to switch nkw, they said should take a max of 2 hours but I've registered for My iD in the meantime, so far so good.

Will then have to ring up to get the plan I'm on maxed out.

Niemoj wrote: »
    Just started porting over the number and will have to wait for it to switch now, they said should take a max of 2 hours but I've registered for My iD in the meantime, so far so good.

Will then have to ring up to get the plan I'm on maxed out.

The number failed to port, Meteor seems to have blocked it somehow but they're going to let me know more tomorrow.

In the meantime they said I can use the temporary iD sim and I'll still qualify for the 3 months free offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leo2a6

is the offer still available ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

leo2a6 wrote: »
    is the offer still available ?

Yes, until the 9th of November despite what their website says.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭newwan

So i have it approx a week. Only 1 problem. Best data connection i can get is R. No matter where i am in cork. I entered the apn settings as per a page i found... Ill link in a second.
    Any ideas?
    If i could get slightly better data connection i would be very happy with id...

Overall its fine tho...

• Advertisement

newwan wrote: »
    So i have it approx a week. Only 1 problem. Best data connection i can get is R. No matter where i am in cork. I entered the apn settings as per a page i found... Ill link in a second.
    Any ideas?

Overall its fine tho...
    In the list of available mobile networks you will see two 3s. Try selecting both and see if one gives better results or select automatic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Got my SIM today, getting 50-60mbit on LTE here in Ballina on a OnePlus One

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Dey were Sooted

newwan wrote: »
    Any ideas?

Overall its fine tho...

i find if i search for networks i get 2 x iD networks coming up . when i pick the first i usually do not end up roaming . i was in cork city last week and had respectable enough speeds

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭newwan

Sorted now. Highly recommend id so far

My number has finally been ported over! So much for maxmium 2 hours!

The offer expires today anyway so maybe the OP can update the title?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Morby

I switched to iD earlier today, my old number hasn't ported over yet though. Hopefully tomorrow.

In the meantime, I can't connect to the mobile internet - I don't have the APN settings and can't seem to find them anywhere on the website.

Anyone care to help a brother out? Cheers! :)

Morby wrote: »
    I switched to iD earlier today, my old number hasn't ported over yet though. Hopefully tomorrow.

In the meantime, I can't connect to the mobile internet - I don't have the APN settings and can't seem to find them anywhere on the website.

Anyone care to help a brother out? Cheers! :)

Name: Internet
    APN: internet
    MMC: 272
    MNC: 16
    MMS port: 8799
    APN type: default,mms

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Morby

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Ok received my pin today with temp number. As I have to port my own number over, I am trying to register with MyId first but it will not send a PIN to my current number.

If I put that new sim in my phone and sign in with it, is it not activated, nulling the offer?

Whats the actual sign up/porting process for everyone?

Feeling thick as pigsh*t over this!

beardo81 wrote: »
    Ok received my pin today with temp number. As I have to port my own number over, I am trying to register with MyId first but it will not send a PIN to my current number.

If I put that new sim in my phone and sign in with it, is it not activated, nulling the offer?

Whats the actual sign up/porting process for everyone?

Feeling thick as pigsh*t over this!
    Offer ended yesterday.

Process is now that you have the sim, give them a call. They'll port you over and then you can sign up for myid. I think you can signup beforehand but I wouldn't in case it causes any problems.

I 'purchased' yesterday for €0, just have not activated the sim yet. Think this means I cannot get this offer?
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    Offer ended yesterday.

Process is now that you have the sim, give them a call. They'll port you over and then you can sign up for myid. I think you can signup beforehand but I wouldn't in case it causes any problems.

I 'purchased' yesterday for €0, just have not activated the sim yet. Think this means I cannot get this offer?

Not sure, best just give them a call. Once you her through they are fairly helpful I found.

I registered with my temporary number and could view everything fine and then once my number was ported over it just told me to log in with that number.

No problems at all.

I'm on the legacy Three payg plan that includes a free tenner every €20 top up, would I be mad to move to ID?

I'm on the legacy Three payg plan that includes a free tenner every €20 top up, would I be mad to move to ID?

I'd be tempted to say yes, do you have ayce data etc for topping up 20?

• Advertisement

Yup, that's the one. Think I'm just too tempted by the 3 free months! Maybe I should stay put
    I'd be tempted to say yes, do you have ayce data etc for topping up 20?

Yup, that's the one. Think I'm just too tempted by the 3 free months! Maybe I should stay put

Yeah I'd stay with 3, that's better in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I'm the same as you, but unlimited calls and texts with 20gb did grab my attention. I've had a line with iD for three months now (paying the special rate of €15 - no longer available) and still have my Three number. Haven't ported. Don't know what to do or what's better value.

Three has more perks, the tenner a month free, the Three Like Home. Though, poor customer care, OK speeds. iD has lower price, free voicemail, and unlimited access, but no perks.

I think I'm going to cancel this within my 14 days. When I first installed the SIM and added the Apn I was getting LTE and H in Ballina but I've not seen H since and that's 10 days ago. I'm on holidays so I've been in Wi-Fi mostly, not really been out and about much to test fully. I made contact with iD on Sunday, they replied on Monday and it took them a full 24 hours to reply confirming the Apn details and state that they do not support a OnePlus One. I still can't get better than edge in areas where my wife's phone has 5 bars of H on the 48 network.

I think I'm going to cancel this within my 14 days. When I first installed the SIM and added the Apn I was getting LTE and H in Ballina but I've not seen H since and that's 10 days ago. I'm on holidays so I've been in Wi-Fi mostly, not really been out and about much to test fully. I made contact with iD on Sunday, they replied on Monday and it took them a full 24 hours to reply confirming the Apn details and state that they do not support a OnePlus One. I still can't get better than edge in areas where my wife's phone has 5 bars of H on the 48 network.

Have you tried going into mobile networks and automatically selecting network. Sounds like it might be stuck on the fallback network.

Have you tried going into mobile networks and automatically selecting network. Sounds like it might be stuck on the fallback network.

Yes, more than once. Tried removing and re-adding the Apn. Tried turning on roaming. Nothing works

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I was with them with a oneplus one, had no issues with data, but a load of call outages. Has the service improved any?

Tried that again just for luck and it's worked
    MarkR wrote: »
    I was with them with a oneplus one, had no issues with data, but a load of call outages. Has the service improved any?

I don't use it often enough to know any different, I'm also on holidays and trying to avoid people :D

Apologies for dragging up an old thread but is it time to cancel yet?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Probably a good idea to start cancelling now if you dont want to pay for the service after the free months.

Advertisement