Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray Darcy Show 24th October

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

Berserker wrote: »
    A young lad offered his seat on the #7 bus to a pregnant lady and she accused him of being sexist and told him that she was pregnant, not disabled.

Even pregnant women can be cnuts... such is life.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I think people watch this program because it it so bad.

If this was in the UK, it would be on Gogglebox most weeks for the wrong reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

It must be ok to give two fingers to your guest on RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Off to laugh at mourinho. MOTD on record.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 72,411 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Feel so sorry for Ardal, you could clearly see his frustrtation at having to re-enact a 20-year old sketch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Ryan is the third guest on the show tonight from Monaghan.

Bout time. Best county in Ireland. (Sound like a cork man!)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

This reminds me of The Vincent Browne Show. Ray asks him a question and the credits start to roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

China was a life changing experience, the air was so polluted, it took five years off me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

It's over for another week. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The producer needs to say to Ray through the earphones, 'don't ask another question to the guest there Ray, the credits are about to go up'.

Every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Good night fellow sufferers.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,411 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

monkey9 wrote: »
    The producer needs to say to Ray through the earphones, 'don't ask another question to the guest there Ray, the credits are about to go up'.

Every week.

Thankfully, the RTE Player had given up at that point :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Say hello to ardal and ryan! Jeez, i get it now.... it is dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,392 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It was a mistake to think they could turn D'Arcy into a star in his fifties. Why wasn't he a big TV star for the last 20 or 25 years?

The likes of Gay Byrne, Mike Murphy, Terry Wogan, Pat Kenny, Ryan Tubridy etc had mastered the medium long before they hit middle age.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

MrsD007 wrote: »
    This stuff drives me nuts, when I was heavily pregnant I would've been so grateful if someone offered me a seat. You can feel very faint during pregnancy particularly towards the end.

Ageism is another discrimation that does my head in. I remember one time an old lady got on the bus, she must have been at least eighty. Zimmer frame in front of her and she really did look very frail.

There were no seats available and i looked around, everyone else sitting down seemed to be all pensioners.

She looked at me expecting me to give her my seat. I hate that sh!t. Just because i was younger, i was expected to let her have my seat.

I was having none of it. I stood my ground (or sat my seat if you will). Not a chance i was getting up. She stood in the disabled space, swaying at every corner turned, fell over once.

I'm the Rosa Parks of my generation.

Ageism is wrong.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

That was Rosa Parks you didn't let sit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Strazdas wrote: »
    It was a mistake to think they could turn D'Arcy into a star in his fifties. Why wasn't he a big TV star for the last 20 or 25 years?

The likes of Gay Byrne, Mike Murphy, Terry Wogan, Pat Kenny, Ryan Tubridy etc had mastered the medium long before they hit middle age.

:pac: Good one.

He was passable at You're A Star and (afaik) School Around the Corner. RTE probably thought this meant he'd be a good bet for an interview show. I believe he's on the radio as well, but he certainly went right off any time he came on my radio.

I think they want to use the Saturday Night show as a trial run for the late late show. And they don't want Brendan O' Connor on the Late Late show because he wouldn't be the "type" to represent "official" Ireland, like the cleanshaven, gleaming gentlemen like Tubridy and D'Arcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

That has to have been the most brutal show I have seen in a very long time! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

brooke 2 wrote: »
    That has to have been the most brutal show I have seen in a very long time! :(

no, it's only been a week since the last one!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

NED?

NED RYERSON???????:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

If it ends up being a ratings disaster and they go back to Brendan, I imagine his response being something along the lines of this....

:pac: Good one.

He was passable at You're A Star and (afaik) School Around the Corner. RTE probably thought this meant he'd be a good bet for an interview show. I believe he's on the radio as well, but he certainly went right off any time he came on my radio.

I think they want to use the Saturday Night show as a trial run for the late late show. And they don't want Brendan O' Connor on the Late Late show because he wouldn't be the "type" to represent "official" Ireland, like the cleanshaven, gleaming gentlemen like Tubridy and D'Arcy.

The Late Late Show would be a disaster under D'Arcy. He's not a natural interviewer and I don't think he's even at ease with television at all. He seems slightly rude and abrasive too and if there's someone he doesn't like, he doesn't make much attempt to disguise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

Pure and utter sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭WhatAMelon

Sure, D'arcy is passable if his job is just to soft soap. As is the case with quizzes and kid shows.

Any type of interaction that demands more, he falls in to a clump having tripped over his ego. He's a brittle character really and he looks quite a cold man. Even the set looks old. That's all very bad for TV.

He's pure official ireland. Ireland has a very rich cultural life. I don't buy the 'small pool' argument. We've got good people here you'd never hear of - if it was up to RTE. Some of it comes out with TG4 but that's it.

For RTE proper its just the same favoured faces, with the same views, same experiences, same predictable patter, the same fetish for misery. Only the occasional English soap star or hollywood person jumbles it up a bit.

Because he's paid a blind fortune, RD is gonna be there years so that RTE can save face in a kind of grotesque pretence that they are not wasting a criminal amount of money. Contrast that with how casually and quickly they axed someone that was fair value for money and brought home the bacon. RTE is really a clown show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Still haven't seen it!

efb wrote: »
    Still haven't seen it!

You're not missing much I can assure you. People aren't been grouchy and sniping at the programme just for the sake of it. It genuinely is a really bad chat show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Strazdas wrote: »
    The Late Late Show would be a disaster under D'Arcy. He's not a natural interviewer and I don't think he's even at ease with television at all. He seems slightly rude and abrasive too and if there's someone he doesn't like, he doesn't make much attempt to disguise it.

Absolutely. There was one thing about the PUA guy and that was the way he brushed off all of D'Arcy's incredibly harsh/rude questions. He also sometimes goes on a bizarre tangent after picking out some ridiculous pun on a word or something like that. He's just stupid. And I feel sorry for him because he seems to try hard but he's just no good as a presenter or as someone I would ever want to be around.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I honestly never thought there could be a worse host than Ryan Tubridy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Had a little flick through the thread.

I hope Brendan is guzzling the Moet into him.

And someone said Ray is getting around 500,000....................????

Stop the light someone......

The madness and "blame game" has to start somewhere.............

Advertisement