Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AGM 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Lecale

any news on the rugby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Lecale wrote: »
    any news on the rugby?

It's been cancelled due to more important issues

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Andrew kildea called on to defend the Aontas Report

cdeb wrote: »

Yay

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭phnompenhchess

They really need to start beaming this entertainment out live for the world to see.

• Advertisement

Paul Cassidy denying the Aontas report was written by a member of the exec!

Says it's an independent report

Paul Cassidy denying the Aontas report was written by a member of the exec!

Says it's an independent report

So. Who wrote it?

Andrew kildea

But not as a member of the exec

What was the outcome on mark getting his HM back?

Does he go back to being webmaster?

I should have joined this year just to be there. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

So. Who wrote it?

And who commissioned it and how much did it cost and why isn't it in the treasurer's report (side note: independent technical IT reports prepared by professionals are not cheap - you're talking five to six to seven figure sums depending on the complexity of the system and the speed of preparation...)

• Advertisement

Andrew kildea

If he has any decency he will resign when the vote reinstating Orr is passed.

Andrew kildea

So he resigned from the exec just to write it and then rejoined!!

Andrew kildea

I'm starting to think the exec need to have some sort of bold text or tag so we all know when they're members of the exec and when they're not because apparently what they're doing no longer matters :rolleyes:

Carried by an overwhelming majority that Mark orr's honorary membership be reinstated pending a proper investigation by the incoming exec

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Lecale

Are the outgoing exec in the DUP or something?

So he resigned from the exec just to write it and then rejoined!!
    Except he never resigned of course

Sparks wrote: »
    I'm starting to think the exec need to have some sort of bold text or tag so we all know when they're members of the exec and when they're not because apparently what they're doing no longer matters :rolleyes:

The big question is will any of the new exec refuse to work with Andrew.

Carried by an overwhelming majority that Mark orr's honorary membership be reinstated pending a proper investigation by the incoming exec

Welcome back Mark.

Incoming committee authorised to investigate the legal issues surrounding unincorporation/legal issues.

Incoming committee authorised to investigate the legal issues surrounding unincorporation/legal issues.

Unincorporation of what?

• Advertisement

Someone finally suggested incorporating the ICU? Excellent!

Really bad idea. For starters then we would be onliged to get audited financial statements done. Bye bye to a big chunk of our revenue but OK, maybe we can stop supporting our juniors.

I know you have not been around Irish chess that long Sparks (since this forum was setup I believe). If you had been then you would know that incompetence is the one consistent factor on the ICU. An incorporated body is also far more likely to get both get itself into trouble and to get sued than the non descript body that is the ICU.

How did Andrew justify his report?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Eddie H from Wicklow brought it up.

How did Andrew justify his report?

I think he couldn't be found in the end

Thanks for the updates from the hall posters. Sunday night in Cambodia and the small matter of the French to take care of. Heading to my local French bar.

Really bad idea. For starters then we would be onliged to get audited financial statements done. Bye bye to a big chunk of our revenue but OK, maybe we can stop supporting our juniors.

I know you have not been around Irish chess that long Sparks (since this forum was setup I believe). If you had been then you would know that incompetence is the one consistent factor on the ICU. An incorporated body is also far more likely to get both get itself into trouble and to get sued than the non descript body that is the ICU.

I'm a director of a charity and we get our accounts audited yearly. Doesn't cost a whole lot but then our secretary has over 40 years of management consultancy and accounting behind him and knows what needs to be provided to the auditor.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 chesstity

So does all this mean that Mirza will be banned from every ICU competition or are the new Exec going to reconcile with him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Tychoo

I think the onus is on him to be a good boy. There's an old saying "give him enough rope and he'll ...." Well you know the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

The big question is will any of the new exec refuse to work with Andrew.
    chesstity wrote: »
    So does all this mean that Mirza will be banned from every ICU competition or are the new Exec going to reconcile with him?
    I'm sure the new executive will be willing to work with and reconcile anyone who is involved with Irish chess as required and in a constructive manner. It may not have been the intention of the above posts to suggest that they won't but the tone of the posts may (unintentionally) suggest that.

As has been said my previous posters in the last week an organisation such as the ICU should have everyone working together and I have confidence that the new executive will facilitate that and work with anybody who has a contribution to make.

Advertisement