Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline/Airport/Travel questions and queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I booked our flights from lastminute.ie for aer lingus flight to Miami.

It's our first flight to the US.

On booking it states "1 piece of checked luggage included"

Anyone know what size and weight of bag this means?

Can we bring on any hand luggage?

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Who are the airline that is actually carrying you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Who are the airline that is actually carrying you?

Aer Lingus

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Aer Lingus

23kg I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Folks a friend is travelling on Norwegian to the usa with hand luggage only. I know I can check her in online but can I get her boarding pass also so she can go straight through security?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,155 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Dovies wrote: »
    Folks a friend is travelling on Norwegian to the usa with hand luggage only. I know I can check her in online but can I get her boarding pass also so she can go straight through security?

I may be wrong but I’ve a feeling online check in is not permitted for their USA flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭ISOP

Dovies wrote: »
    you have to check in at the airport with Norwegian for US flight

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Hi. Wife was due to fly with Ryanair to Amsterdam this morning. The flight was delayed by 5 hours. After 2 hours she got an email asking if she would like a refund or booked on another flight. She took neither as she had a meeting she needed to attend.
    Is she entitled to compensation or did the email offer cancel that?
    Thanks.

mfceiling wrote: »
    Hi. Wife was due to fly with Ryanair to Amsterdam this morning. The flight was delayed by 5 hours. After 2 hours she got an email asking if she would like a refund or booked on another flight. She took neither as she had a meeting she needed to attend.
    Is she entitled to compensation or did the email offer cancel that?
    Thanks.
    No, if she travels and arrives more than 3 hours late she’s is entitled to compensation

Locker10a wrote: »
    No, if she travels and arrives more than 3 hours late she’s is entitled to compensation

Cool!! Is it an easy process or difficult because Ryanair??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

But she didn't travel?

But she didn't travel?

I think she did!

I think she did!

We'll have to wait for clarification - he says she took neither a refund nor a different flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Cool!! Is it an easy process or difficult because Ryanair??

Very easy, google it.
    There's an EU form that you can download, fill in, and post off to them. Should get a cheque/bank transfer within 3/4 weeks.

Here's one way of doing it through MoneySavingExpert.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays/#resolvertool

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

We'll have to wait for clarification - he says she took neither a refund nor a different flight.

She waited on the delayed flight and took that, 5 hours later.

razorblunt wrote: »
    She waited on the delayed flight and took that, 5 hours later.

That's it!! I'll find out the further details tonight. Thanks for everyone's help.

That's it!! I'll find out the further details tonight. Thanks for everyone's help.

Should be straightforward so.

Quick question about ryanair check-in.
    I booked some flights for my (not so great with technology) parents + aunt and uncle.
    I can simply check them in within 2 days of the outward flight and print their boarding cards.
    They will be gone for more than a week, so I cannot print out their return boarding cards before they go, without paying for seat allocation fee (the cheapest at the moment is 9 euro a seat).
    Can I check in online for them ( 2 days before they return) and send them the boarding cards via message / email etc.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Yes, just check them in and email them the passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Quick question about ryanair check-in.
    I booked some flights for my (not so great with technology) parents + aunt and uncle.
    I can simply check them in within 2 days of the outward flight and print their boarding cards.
    They will be gone for more than a week, so I cannot print out their return boarding cards before they go, without paying for seat allocation fee (the cheapest at the moment is 9 euro a seat).
    Can I check in online for them ( 2 days before they return) and send them the boarding cards via message / email etc.?
    yes, but you do realise that they'll not be sitting together?
    And do they know that?
    And are they of the type to cause a fuss to try and be seated together on a possibly full plane?

as for boarding cards, thats just a pdf that they could print off at the hotel if the hotel lets them. The last time I did that I just forwarded the pdfs to the hotel front desk (after asking them!) and it was fairly straight forward for them to just open and print them. Easier than running behind the desk and logging into your own email anyhow!

• Advertisement

yes, but you do realise that they'll not be sitting together?
    And do they know that?
    And are they of the type to cause a fuss to try and be seated together on a possibly full plane?

as for boarding cards, thats just a pdf that they could print off at the hotel if the hotel lets them. The last time I did that I just forwarded the pdfs to the hotel front desk (after asking them!) and it was fairly straight forward for them to just open and print them. Easier than running behind the desk and logging into your own email anyhow!

Yeah I warned them about not sitting together, they are ok with that.
    Great idea about emailing the hotel rather than them.
    2 of them have smartphones so I will install the ryanair app and login with my details on their phones as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Quick question on security for anyone with a bit more knowledge on airports than myself: what powers do security have to search peoples phones?

A freind of mine heading to america today had her phone taken to a back room after being unlocked for 5mins and searched through(instagram etc). The security person returned and was able to mention to her a few facts about herself, hobbies,reason for travel etc which i understand but I hadnt seen peoples phones being taken before, ive only ever been asked 'how long are you staying/where are you staying' etc.

Would what happens be a normal occurrence?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭NSAman

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Quick question on security for anyone with a bit more knowledge on airports than myself: what powers do security have to search peoples phones?

A freind of mine heading to america today had her phone taken to a back room after being unlocked for 5mins and searched through(instagram etc). The security person returned and was able to mention to her a few facts about herself, hobbies,reason for travel etc which i understand but I hadnt seen peoples phones being taken before, ive only ever been asked 'how long are you staying/where are you staying' etc.

Would what happens be a normal occurrence?

America is an anomaly compared to almost anywhere else. Your phone may be read at airports and (I could be wrong) anywhere within 25 miles of a border.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

NSAman wrote: »
    America is an anomaly compared to almost anywhere else. Your phone may be read at airports and (I could be wrong) anywhere within 25 miles of a border.

Thanks, hadnt heard about that before. Shes mortified due to some intimate photos she had on her phone! 😋

When you say within 25 miles of a border could you theoretically be stopped and phone checked while within this radius but having no intention to cross the border?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭NSAman

Thanks, hadnt heard about that before. Shes mortified due to some intimate photos she had on her phone! ��

When you say within 25 miles of a border could you theoretically be stopped and phone checked while within this radius but having no intention to cross the border?

Only within the US or border immigration points..I.e. Dublin airport immigration hall.

Not within the US I do not think they have authority, but I could be wrong but they don’t have jurisdiction outside US “land” I.e. Canadian side of border/Mexican side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Thanks, hadnt heard about that before. Shes mortified due to some intimate photos she had on her phone! 😋

Yeah the recommendation on crossing the US border is that if you have anything you don’t want them to see, make a point to delete it off your phone. https://www.theverge.com/2017/2/15/14629022/border-search-customs-data-privacy-encryption

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Nevermind, Flightradar just popped it up on the site now

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

Will my flight still be with the same airline, but just with a different aircraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

No image

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

For example, I had a recent flight on Ryanair operated by another carrier, Ryanair Sun. We didn't notice any difference to be honest.

Advertisement