Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry Primal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Watching conan play this, usually he makes any game look interesting and fun but this looked so boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Have to say I'm actually enjoying this. Yeh it won't go down as one of the best games ever played and it dont have a gripping story but for the effects and side quests and animals its different and a relaxing game to play and so far the story is a bit slow but hey I've played worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've about 20 hours at least sunk into this. Initially, I thought it was an amazing game. It's typical far cry minus guns. It looks amazing, and the biggest threat are the animals, not the humans. The animals ate brilliantly done, and they look amazing.

I was also taken aback by the size of the map. It's massive, but considering you spend quite a lot of time on foot, it gets tiresome. However, once you get the ride animals ability, it makes travel much quicker.

The weapons are alright, with the bows (medium and long range) being most used, but very closely followed by the spear. Clubs are grand, especially the 2 handed one, but not as much fun as the bow/spear.

It also has shards for throwing knives, and the slingshot is alright.

It says I've about 30% done, but even though the trophy list appears to make a platinum very possible, I don't think I'll ever collect everything. I'm leaning towards finishing the main story as quick as possible and trading it in. It's not holding my interest as much as 3 did, but it's held my interest longer than 4.

Blood Dragon is the way these games should go. Complete madness and tongue in cheek, that will keep people interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Can you adjust the difficulty in this game just like the other Far Cry games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

I thought the game looked interesting. The only far cry game Ive played is 3 so I might have avoided being burnt out. I did recognise the assassin creed elements very easily in 3 but still enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I loved Far Cry 1 , hated 2, loved 3, 4 was meh...

I had no intention of getting this because it looked like the same old formula....but someone gifted it to me....I didn't wanna be rude and say...you just wasted 60 dollars, but thanks. So I'm kind of obliged to give it a good playthrough....but I've watched some vids...and it doesn't do anything new or special.
    Also....I assume it needs UPlay....and I hate UPlay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Dare I say I'm enjoying this I've over 12hours put into it and it took a bit of getting used to but its going well I seem to be taking outposts and campfires more than anything.
    Its all about the animals I overtake most outpost/campfires with owl and sabretooth tiger combination.
    I will say that I've done like 1 story mission and don't know where to find the next one?
    Where do you go for story missions?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Borisgem8

I been watching videos on this game and I am really considering getting it. I never played a far cry in the past though but as mentioned, it looks a lot different from the others.

Dare I say I'm enjoying this I've over 12hours put into it and it took a bit of getting used to but its going well I seem to be taking outposts and campfires more than anything.
    Its all about the animals I overtake most outpost/campfires with owl and sabretooth tiger combination.
    I will say that I've done like 1 story mission and don't know where to find the next one?
    Where do you go for story missions?

Go to your Base Camp they are a load of icons around there to start story off mate. I did same as you i spent first 15 hours doing outposts with my owl and them sting bombs are lethal two of them will take out any enemy. There is something pleasurable in letting an owl drop a load of bees on an enemy.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Go to your Base Camp they are a load of icons around there to start story off mate. I did same as you i spent first 15 hours doing outposts with my owl and them sting bombs are lethal two of them will take out any enemy. There is something pleasurable in letting an owl drop a load of bees on an enemy.

Thanks mate will do. The owl with the upgrade where he can kill elite enemies makes the owl deadly. Ya the bee bombs are good craic watching them running round screaming below

• Advertisement

Game is really annoying and quite boring....especially any mission where he drinks the blood.

Also...I recongised the voice actor after 5 mins...and now I can't get Adam Jensen talking gibberish out of my head :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

I had a sneaking suspicion that this game was a bit of a copy and paste job alright:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-03-far-cry-primal-uses-far-cry-4s-map-layout

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I had a sneaking suspicion that this game was a bit of a copy and paste job alright:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-03-far-cry-primal-uses-far-cry-4s-map-layout

Have you played many ubisoft games recently? They are all cut/paste jobs of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Have you played many ubisoft games recently? They are all cut/paste jobs of each other.

Ha, good point. But I don't remember their maps being so similar between games. They must be getting lazy. :)

Ha, good point. But I don't remember their maps being so similar between games. They must be getting lazy. :)

Not similar ..... the same in this case :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Its just the next stage of lazy. The one after this is where they simply reskin the weapon models and add in 2 to 3 NPC's, charging 20/30 quid for it.

That article goes to great lengths to show two red outlines shapes on both maps yhh they have some Water and streams in the same place but crikey they have more water outside of the shape and they have mountains that are in totally different places.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

jayo26 wrote: »
    That article goes to great lengths to show two red outlines shapes on both maps yhh they have some Water and streams in the same place but crikey they have more water outside of the shape and they have mountains that are in totally different places.
    Yup, the layout is roughly the same but the topology is quite clearly different going by the two maps. To be honest, I find it less egregious compared to the reliance on Radio Towers/View Points/ctOS Towers and Outposts/Templar Forts/ctOS Control Centres as core mechanics across their main franchises.

Either way though, that kind of design reuse pales in comparison to the actual work that goes into populating the respective worlds.

gizmo wrote: »
    Yup, the layout is roughly the same but the topology is quite clearly different going by the two maps. To be honest, I find it less egregious compared to the reliance on Radio Towers/View Points/ctOS Towers and Outposts/Templar Forts/ctOS Control Centres as core mechanics across their main franchises.

Either way though, that kind of design reuse pales in comparison to the actual work that goes into populating the respective worlds.

Sure does.. The level of detail in the wildlife and plant ect is so different and on any other level from other far cry games its unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

So many disappointed people here but so little copies being sold on adverts.ie

Anyone wanna sell to me? €45 waiting..

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    So many disappointed people here but so little copies being sold on adverts.ie

Anyone wanna sell to me? €45 waiting..

Might as well buy magic beans with that €45 it's still too much for this :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,066 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This is the first Far Cry I've passed on, and everything I'm seeing and reading seems to confirming I did the right thing. I'm sure it'll crop up as padding in a Humble Bundle in three months time.

Apart from a loose storyline this game is decent and has me still interested 13+hours in. I think it's getting a bit too slated to be honest.

Apart from a loose storyline this game is decent and has me still interested 13+hours in. I think it's getting a bit too slated to be honest.

Seems to happen with every franchise game can't keep everyone happy lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Bought it a week ago for the PC. Ok I'm a FC fanboy (except for FC2) but I absolutely love this game. Enjoying it much more than FC4 (which was a FC3 rehash)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I enjoy the formula somewhat, but like the Assassin's Creed games, I've had enough of it to last me another year or so yet. It's not discounted enough in this Steam Sale for me to consider it, so maybe Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

Jason Graves created an amazing soundtrack, like you really feel like you're in a stone age!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nathan G

I have heard nothing but bad things about this game. also apparently massively buggy on release.

Nathan G wrote: »
    I have heard nothing but bad things about this game. also apparently massively buggy on release.

Not at all the game has plenty of good points about it. Story a bit slow but gameplay and visuals are excellent it's great fun and probably better value as it gets cheaper.

• Advertisement

Doodleking wrote: »
    Jason Graves created an amazing soundtrack, like you really feel like you're in a stone age!!!

Totally forgettable imo, I can't remember any standout theme or piece of music from the game at all.

Advertisement