Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry Primal

Options
  • 05-10-2015 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

Ubisoft have converted the front-end of their website into a live-stream teaser video. https://www.ubisoft.com/en-GB/

It would appear to involve, possibly, prehistoric times, combat, and mythological figures. More on the website can be found here: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ubisoft-teases-new-game-what-do-you-think-it-is/1100-6431156/

Any guesses what it might be? A new franchise or a revival?

My money is on:

Season Pass: The Game
    How it all started: Climbing towers to survey the area - a beginners guide
    Console Port Wars: Before the Prehistoric Generation.
    Assassin's Creed: Before the Beginning
    Far Cry 5 - Jurassic Times.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Falthyron wrote: »

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mega Map-icon Clearing

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My money is on:

Joke all you want but my money's on that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Far Cry Sigma?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Interestingly, the video is (very) slowly zooming out to reveal more of the image - an intriguing technique. Although, I am sure we can somehow pay money to increase the speed of the reveal...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,070 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Is that not an Assassin with a bow and Chinese style halberd?

Spear wrote: »
    Is that not an Assassin with a bow and Chinese style halberd?

Yeah, certainly looks like it.

Nah, it is Watchdogs 2: Watch Dinosaurs.

Seriously though, I think Far Cry 5 is most likely to be revealed. "You rode Elephants, now ride Dinosaurs". Climb the Brachiosaurus in your area to reveal the map.

Also, the drawing in the top right definitely depicts a man falling after losing his grip on a rope. Climbing confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

• Advertisement

Wow, this is a far cry from the first game......

Peter-Griffin-Football-head.ico

• Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Stupid IGN site never works on my phone.

Also Falthyron called it!

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Stupid IGN site never works on my phone.

Also Falthyron called it!

This is a new low from UbiSoft. Truthfully, it is a re-skinned Far Cry 4. Swap elephants with mammoths, tigers with sabretooths, drop the guns and add melee weapons. Hell, they might even drop the whole story aspect considering the trailer shows cavemen and women speaking their own language so the player probably won't know what is going on anyway. I would guess this is a small sideline project before Far Cry 5. An interim title not unlike Battlefield Hardline is for Battlefield 5.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,070 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Why can I not help but think the game will consist of almost nothing but QTE attacks from wild animals, so you can unlock a sharper rock....

Yeah i see a prehistoric blood dragon which i didn't like at all. Didn't like far cry 4 either but loved 3. Dunno if it was the over saturation of climbing and a sea of icons that if you looked close enough, you can find bits of a map, or if Ubisoft have just given up on clever missions. This looks purely a money bridge to get them through to Far Cry 5 or if we're really lucky Watch Dogs 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

This is a new low from UbiSoft. Truthfully, it is a re-skinned Far Cry 4. Swap elephants with mammoths, tigers with sabretooths, drop the guns and add melee weapons. Hell, they might even drop the whole story aspect considering the trailer shows cavemen and women speaking their own language so the player probably won't know what is going on anyway. I would guess this is a small sideline project before Far Cry 5. An interim title not unlike Battlefield Hardline is for Battlefield 5.
    I'm confused, did you never play Blood Dragon?

gizmo wrote: »
    I'm confused, did you never play Blood Dragon?

Yeah, but that wasn't full price and it was very tongue-in-cheek. This looks like it is aiming to be a AAA title.
    The game is being developed by the publisher's flagship studio Ubisoft Montreal, with help from teams in Toronto, Kiev, and Shanghai. It won't be small spin-off like the '80s-infused Blood Dragon; Ubisoft describes Primal as "a full-fledged single player experience." The game puts players in the role of a hunter named Takkar, whose motivations seem pretty simple, according to Ubisoft: "Survive in a world where humans are the prey." That includes hunting for food, crafting weapons, and fending off sabretooth tigers. Based on the reveal trailer, it appears the game will involve a lot of throwing spears at mammoths. "The Stone Age is the perfect setting for a Far Cry game," says creative director Jean-Christophe Guyot of the new setting.

Source: The Verge

Yeah, but that wasn't full price and it was very tongue-in-cheek. This looks like it is aiming to be a AAA title.
    I'm not really sure it does though. What's most interesting about that quote is that it's not Ubisoft saying that it won't be smaller scale spin-off like Blood Dragon, that's The Verge inferring it from the "full-fledged single player experience" comment. It could equally mean they're simply not shipping with multiplayer and concentrating on creating more single player content instead.

Couple that with it being next-gen only, not based on a new iteration of the Dunia engine, headed by a new Creative Director and featuring a release date around 13 months after the release of FC4, I'd wager it'll have far more in common with Blood Dragon than a fully fledged sequel in the series.

If it has the price tag to match then cool, I quite like the idea of them being able to reuse tech and make something interesting on a smaller budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soap1978

wonder what animals will be in it? no t-rex

• Advertisement

Amazon have it for pre-order at $60 so it's a full priced offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I think I'll stick with Ark for the Dino fix!

I don't think I would have much interest in this, apart from dinosaurs, as dinosaurs are pretty awesome truth be told, does look a bit of a reskinned FC 4 worryingly enough...

Amazon have it for pre-order at $60 so it's a full priced offering.
    $59.99 for all three platforms though so possibly more indicative of placeholder pricing at the moment. Release date is the same week as the new Deus Ex and Mirror's Edge too, that's...interesting.

Watching the Behind The Scenes trailer now, seems like a bunch of new faces in the lead positions, not just in the Creative Director chair. No additional footage throughout though, just more concept work and footage from the reveal trailer. They also mention it's set during the Mesolithic period so no dinosaurs in this one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Polar101

I quite like the sound of this. I'm really tired of annual sequels which just add more of the same. At least this time they have a completely new setting - Far Cry 4 was just a clone of FC3. There are enough shooters with the same old weapons anyway, at least this won't have a sniper rifle and assault rifles (I hope!). They just need to make the combat somewhat interesting.

Polar101 wrote: »
    I quite like the sound of this. I'm really tired of annual sequels which just add more of the same. At least this time they have a completely new setting - Far Cry 4 was just a clone of FC3. There are enough shooters with the same old weapons anyway, at least this won't have a sniper rifle and assault rifles (I hope!). They just need to make the combat somewhat interesting.

From the preview of the game it sounds like 'fire' is the big upgrade to weapons in the game so will definitely be interesting to see how they implement that as the key heavy weapon upgrade. Not having rifles will definitely shake it up.

Definitely intrigued as to it and as much as I loved both FC3 and FC4 it'll be nice to see them veer away from that setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Dinosaur DLC. Calling it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Penn wrote: »
    Dinosaur DLC. Calling it now.

Blood T-rex :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

So we get to ride on the back of a T-Rex and chase down and murder another ethnic group? We have had black bad guys and Asian, who is next?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

F-Ark Cry... meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

After initially thinking Primal is a cool idea, I agree with the above post.

But I see them charging full price, for something that is probably going to be a smaller scale game, around the size of Blood Dragon if not smaller, not near the size of Far Cry 4.

Bow's, clubs, spears and fighting the wild life, I don't know, I find the wild life very annoying since Far Cry 3.

Advertisement