Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Png shouldn't be allowed above 1 meg. Maybe devs have recently fixed an issue.

If you have faults, like correct image size not uploading, would suggest the site development forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Getting a mad error when trying to upload pics. and seemingly I can't upload any screenshot because it must be smaller than 1mb (my previous screenshots were always uploaded fine). :(
    FWIW, I just got a 500 error when uploading a JPG. It actually uploaded fine in the end, but when I hit upload, it immediately returned a 500 error.

Same behaviour when I deleted the attachment - 500 error, but it did actually delete it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I'll ask the gang to look into attachments and see if there's something up, sounds like things are misbehaving somewhat.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If it's of any use, I had problems with attachments last night too. I'm on the desktop site, Firefox 43.0.4. When I clicked 'Upload attachment' I got an error message (I can't remember what exactly but I think it was either incorrect file type or file too big or something like that - it was a smallish jpg). I clicked ok on the error message and it seeemed that the file got uploaded anyway, but when I clicked on the link to see it, it returned a blank page - I remember reading the word 'clear' towards the end of the URL, but the rest of the URL seemed normal. I deleted the bad attachment, and when I tried reattaching the same file again everything was back to normal.

On that note, I've come across quite a few 'blank' attachments on other people's posts too, over the last few days, and the only thing they had in common was the word 'clear' in the URL.

Hope this helps.

New Home wrote: »
    If it's of any use, I had problems with attachments last night too. I'm on the desktop site, Firefox 43.0.4. When I clicked 'Upload attachment' I got an error message (I can't remember what exactly but I think it was either incorrect file type or file too big or something like that - it was a smallish jpg). I clicked ok on the error message and it seeemed that the file got uploaded anyway, but when I clicked on the link to see it, it returned a blank page - I remember reading the word 'clear' towards the end of the URL, but the rest of the URL seemed normal. I deleted the bad attachment, and when I tried reattaching the same file again everything was back to normal.

On that note, I've come across quite a few 'blank' attachments on other people's posts too, over the last few days, and the only thing they had in common was the word 'clear' in the URL.

Hope this helps.
    Now you say it, I noticed this yesterday too. Here's an example:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98385321&postcount=1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You're right Karsini, my mistake - the word 'Clear' appears in the tab 'heading', and not in the URL - now I can't remember what I saw with my 'bad' attachment...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Site behaving oddly. Last post in thread not showing etc.

Same here - last post not showing, then if I refresh the page it shows, if I thank it it shows up but if I refresh the page the 'thanks' disappears.

EDIT - If I post something and then refresh the page, all the posts from this morning disappear, and only reappear if I refresh the page once more. Case in point, this thread.

Thanks.

One more thing - I see a notification for 2 new posts, but when I click on the number it tells me I've no new posts and the number disappears. Rinse and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

All of the above, plus new posts showing in threads, when you click "Go to first new post" the new posts aren't showing up.

Site incredibly slow also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Same issue, posts disappearing or just not showing, also avatars not showing. I'm on touch, if that makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Same here, read a new PM but then it goes back to been unread, then read, then unread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

full site on the laptop keeps redirecting to the touch site. what causes this?

PucaMama wrote: »
    full site on the laptop keeps redirecting to the touch site. what causes this?

You've set the cookie on your machine to touch. - clear the cookies and it should sort it.

For the other issues you're all reporting, there seems to be a database synchronisation issue - Ronan's looking at it as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Slideways

Dav, can I ask what the deal with getting signed out is?
    Is this a step that has been implemented or a glitch?

Basic security measures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm having no problems at all, I should say I'm using the old boards interface (you know the nice one that works!).

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Site almost unusable for me at the moment, getting a lot of "service unavailable" pages and everything is incredibly slow.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Site slow today. No avatars and now getting 503 service unavailable errors.

Also, if I post something nothing shows, pages skipping backwards, 503 messages, wrong notifications, you mention it it's happening.

• Advertisement

That was the first post I was able to post in the last 20 minutes or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 59,575 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

A number of my recent posts weren't appearing either. It's the same with both touch and desktop versions of the site. It will be interesting to see if this post appears as expected :) [Time of posting 21:27]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Same here. No avatars and 503 errors.

Some of the stuff I posted earlier got duplicated and triplicated - it does seem to have gone back to normal now, though.

EDIT - I spoke too soon, I deleted one duplication, saved, refreshed, duplication still there. I repeat the process, and no posts left whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,214 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes its been all over the place for a while. Losing posts (always the lengthy, thoughtful, intelligent, well argued, save-the-world type post that vanishes) 503s, hanging, the works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Big issues tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

It's taken over 30mins to post this
    I'm experiencing all of the above mentioned issues ie Slow site, notifications problems and 503 errors since this afternoon.
    Now getting 502 Bad Gateway errors as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I was logged out today, logged back in and took a while. Now ghost notifications for PM and followed threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Also thread and post of the day not working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

New Home wrote: »
    Some of the stuff I posted earlier got duplicated and triplicated - it does seem to have gone back to normal now, though.

EDIT - I spoke too soon, I deleted one duplication, saved, refreshed, duplication still there. I repeat the process, and no posts left whatsoever.

Thanks Lumi, i never would have found out the problem until i saw it in the weather thread
    I was thinking there was something wrong, with posts not showing & then to find out i posted it 4 times!
    I thought it was Firefox, as i've been having trouble with the flash plug-in, as times it's like using dial-up when on E-Fibre, but i suppose that's for another thread?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement