Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenny, Alek and Rob's cyclo crossbromance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Alek wrote: »
    I assume you are representing organizers of every single CX race around?

I wish this rule was changed, and we can discuss it here, or can we not?

Best to discuss it with race organisers or maybe an agenda item for the off-road AGM?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

Tenzor07 wrote: »

Besides, the B race you can enter on either MTB or CX bike, doesn't matter! Anyone who has an issue with that is welcome to go to the A race...

Unless the A race is full too. Maybe there's an argument for allowing riders a single 'taster' race on an MTB, with any subsequent entry allowed only on a CX bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

You can't try snowboarding with a pair of skis.

You will just be skiing while surrounded by snowboarders.

To try what snowboarding is actually like, you need to be on a snowboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

if they let snowboarders enter CX races, I'm retiring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

why is that an issue? Clearly 1st come 1st served. If you didn't get in to B, go for A instead. Had my 1st CX in A up in Fixx, I'd say it will not make much of a difference where you are. Great fun to be had in both categories and more the better.

If you can't get in et all, than sorry but you are just too slow and maybe you should not be racing at all, unless it is a slow race of course :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I don't see any reason why we couldn't discuss both the reasons for and the reasons against in here.

Absolutely, this is what a discussion is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Well, the B races in the Fixx league have been won by someone on a MTB 3 times now, so MTB's are not a disadvantage in a CX race... Though these winners won't be allowed to race B's again, and there's no MTB's allowed in the A race...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

nak wrote: »
    Best to discuss it with race organisers or maybe an agenda item for the off-road AGM?

Exactly! No point in various people going on about the legitimacy of MTB's being allowed in CX races as faceless people on an internet forum...

If you want change, get involved, get your club to send you to the next Off-road Agm and discuss any points raised...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Well, the B races in the Fixx league have been won by someone on a MTB 3 times now, so MTB's are not a disadvantage in a CX race.

For those people that won. Who are clearly bangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Well I started this year on an mtb. Did two races. I'm not at all a mountain biker, it was just really handy to be able to "run whatcha brung" and give it a go to see what it was like before committing to another bike purchase.

I have since done the decent thing and bought a cx bike (and shoes, and pedals and signed up for two more races) so it's quite an investment.

Rejoice that the events are popular and well attended and sought after, it may not ever be so, and in blocking new entrants you may end up throwing the baby out with the bath water. At the last race there were two mtb's in the b race. That's all. And me one of them. So I'd venture that it's not a huge problem...

• Advertisement

And now from another kettle of fish: anyone can offer a lift to Punchestown on Sunday morning?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

And now from another kettle of fish: anyone can offer a lift to Punchestown on Sunday morning?

Where are you based, driving out from NCD if that is any use

PM sent :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

PM sent :)

I play C+W music all the way to cross races though ;)

DOD is Lenny's favourite

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »
    I play C+W music all the way to cross races though ;)

DOD is Lenny's favourite
    Though D.I.V.O.R.C.E. was more what you two are currently into

Beasty wrote: »
    Though D.I.V.O.R.C.E. was more what you two are currently into

Ah no, I still love Lenny..

I guess I could hype up on some bluegrass before the race, if I may ask :D

good lord. I go to a meeting for a couple of hours, come back and find out I'm being divorced by a cowboy RobFowl who still loves me!!!!

Which leads me on to:

There is not enough fancy dress in the irish cross scene. Discuss

2012_1028_halloween-281.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

So rather than (even thinking about) expanding the number of race categories, the solution is to ban MTBs. Sounds like a fabulous idea.

:rolleyes:

but it's a cyclocross race......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭dooverylittle

I don't have a track bike do you think I could do some races on my mtb until I get a track bike. :mad:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I don't have a track bike do you think I could do some races on my mtb until I get a track bike. :mad:
    Ask lenny if you can borrow his - it's sitting around gathering dust somewhere ....

Ask lenny if you can borrow his - it's sitting around gathering dust somewhere ....

I resent that comment. My collection is practically dust free (and, in some cases, mostly unused)

lennymc wrote: »

There is not enough fancy dress in the irish cross scene. Discuss

Thank god.

dave2pvd wrote: »
    So rather than (even thinking about) expanding the number of race categories, the solution is to ban MTBs. Sounds like a fabulous idea.

What was the original problem? I haven't been paying full attention.

Raam wrote: »
    What was the original problem? I haven't been paying full attention.
    Sock height in cross races has been too high

RobFowl wrote: »
    Sock height in cross races has been too high
    Many of the track riders in the European Championships have
    done away with socks as they are not aero enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Many of the track riders in the European Championships have
    done away with socks as they are not aero enough

It is offending my eyes! Steering it back to the track again eh, I thought I had managed to get away from such talk with the move to the dark side of off-road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Raam wrote: »
    For those people that won. Who are clearly bangers.

Gang bangers Ted. Lads who bang in gangs.

• Advertisement

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Gang bangers Ted. Lads who bang in gangs.

Reminds me that we used to have cross races in the Phoenix park. Wonder if TD's like Emmett Stagg would support us trying to get them back there....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement