Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZUK Z1 - Flagship & OnePlus Killer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭FaganJr

My phone just had a freak out so I'm using my backup Sony which I hate. So I went ahead. I couldn't be bothered waiting for the grey

I have also ordered the Z1, couldn't be bothered jumping through the hoops for the OnePlus 2 , I have the OnePlus 1 and love it but want a new toy.

Anyone got order tracking confirmation yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭Harika

FaganJr wrote: »
    I have also ordered the Z1, couldn't be bothered jumping through the hoops for the OnePlus 2 , I have the OnePlus 1 and love it but want a new toy.

Anyone got order tracking confirmation yet??

I got mine today, unfortunatley I needed a nano sim and carphone warehouse couldn't swap them so cut the micro sim instead what went wrong. :( Waiting now for the new sim to be activated.
    My first impressions are all positive, the fingerprint sensor is outstanding and now just getting used to cyanogenmod instead of stock android.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Harika wrote: »
    I got mine today, unfortunatley I needed a nano sim and carphone warehouse couldn't swap them so cut the micro sim instead what went wrong. :( Waiting now for the new sim to be activated.
    My first impressions are all positive, the fingerprint sensor is outstanding and now just getting used to cyanogenmod instead of stock android.

Cyangenmod is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Cool, when did you order and how long for delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭SM01

Got mine but also awaiting nano sims :-/

I ordered Sunday and it arrived today from eBay Spain.

Looks good but surprised it's slightly larger the my girlfriends note 4. Not that that's a problem. It also feels lighter than my moto g second edition. I'm looking forward to getting to know it very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

can be bought on official store at www.zuk-store.com/en/ for €280.91 and you get 2 year warranty

FaganJr wrote: »
    Cool, when did you order and how long for delivery?

Tuesday and it arrived Thursday, but I ordered from honorbuy that have a storage facility in europe. Phone was all sealed so no Chinese version that they flashed with CM. IMO this was a "risk"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

A little of topic but why don't you cut your SIM to nano size? It's very easy with a scissors.

Do post up a review when you get it up and running!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭SM01

A little of topic but why don't you cut your SIM to nano size? It's very easy with a scissors.

Do post up a review when you get it up and running!

For me it's cause I'm so clumsy I'd feck even the most simple of jobs like this up. Also I'm left handed and can't use a right handed scissors!

Short Summary:
    Battery Life is indeed outstanding. Charged it last time Thursday evening, took two hours from 40% to 100% since then had three cyanogen updates, downloaded all apps I needed and played around and as now battery is still at 40%. Settings tell me I have 24 hours left.
    The phone has a notification LED on top.
    With 3 I get 4G/LTE in Cork
    Bluetooth paired easily with the car
    Soundquality is okay, not outstanding
    For any questions, just ask or PM. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Short Summary:
    Battery Life is indeed outstanding. Charged it last time Thursday evening, took two hours from 40% to 100% since then had three cyanogen updates, downloaded all apps I needed and played around and as now battery is still at 40%. Settings tell me I have 24 hours left.
    The phone has a notification LED on top.
    With 3 I get 4G/LTE in Cork
    Bluetooth paired easily with the car
    Soundquality is okay, not outstanding
    For any questions, just ask or PM. :)

Just got mine today. I'll give a light summary when I can. But happy with what I am dealing with at this moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Ordered one of these Yesterday. Looks like a great phone for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Chad_Fantastics

can be bought on official store at www.zuk-store.com/en/ for €280.91 and you get 2 year warranty

Now up to €340 from there with another fiver for shipping, almost pulled the trigger last week but stuck undecided between this and the LeTV le 1 Pro, 301 quid for a EU delivery on oppomart.

It's a more modern (but flawed) chipset and premium build over the ZUK but 64Gb and a straightforward (for a china phone) 2 year warranty and Cyanogen might make the ZUK a better long term prospect?

IMO, ZUK expanded specifically to EU already while LETV is not yet here. On the other side both companies are really interested in bringing up their brand and are hard working to have their phones supported with updates, what I read was that Letv is pushing a lot of updates.
    http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015/10/zuk-z1-will-get-android-marshmallow-update-march.html For EU this update depends mostly on cyanogenmod. I couldn't find anything specific about the LETV and Marshmallow but this might be hidden in Chinese somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Chad_Fantastics

Yeah, LeTV have been pretty good so far with updates, concern would be what happens as new models drop. Already had issues with Xiaomi vastly delaying updates as new phones came out, sure I can install roms but I'd rather than be out of curiosity then need and that assumes there are roms out there.

Where as Cyanogen are building a brand separate from the OEM so they are bound to drop updates for their sold builds the 18 month at least...

...flip it, should have bought it last week at 280. Hopefully the price bump is due to low stocks and will come down again shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Yeah, LeTV have been pretty good so far with updates, concern would be what happens as new models drop. Already had issues with Xiaomi vastly delaying updates as new phones came out, sure I can install roms but I'd rather than be out of curiosity then need and that assumes there are roms out there.

Where as Cyanogen are building a brand separate from the OEM so they are bound to drop updates for their sold builds the 18 month at least...

...flip it, should have bought it last week at 280. Hopefully the price bump is due to low stocks and will come down again shortly.

Still available from France for €295 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fozz

I ordered the LeTV One Pro from Oppomart on the weekend there so awaiting delivery.
    All in was €310 inc delivery and Expedited EU delivery so no VAT etc.

Specs and overall design look excellent for that price.
    Check this vid review and comparison with the OPO2 which is a v good phone also:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGssvYE_XV4

Will post feelings and findings when I get it if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

fozz wrote: »
    I ordered the LeTV One Pro from Oppomart on the weekend there so awaiting delivery.

Check this vid review and comparison with the OPO2 which is a v good phone also:

I've been debating on whether or not to get one for a week or so now, please post your thoughts asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Now up to €340 from there with another fiver for shipping, almost pulled the trigger last week but stuck undecided between this and the LeTV le 1 Pro, 301 quid for a EU delivery on oppomart.

It's a more modern (but flawed) chipset and premium build over the ZUK but 64Gb and a straightforward (for a china phone) 2 year warranty and Cyanogen might make the ZUK a better long term prospect?

I think it was always that. Initially when i went to the site it said 299 or so. Then when in checkout it went upto ~340 because it added tax.

• Advertisement

40 Euros more expensive compared to other trusted shops, on the other side amazon is well known for its customer service and in fringe cases leaning towards you as customer and not the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭ronano

Is the battery removable in the zuk z1?

ronano wrote: »
    Is the battery removable in the zuk z1?

No

fozz wrote: »

Any update??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Got the z1 yesterday. Liking it so far battery is really impressive. Really quick phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Thinking of ditching the OnePlus One for this. Am I mad? Just growing frustrated with parts of the phone and want a change.

pedatron wrote: »
    Thinking of ditching the OnePlus One for this. Am I mad? Just growing frustrated with parts of the phone and want a change.

Performancewise it is no upgrade, battery should be better, so it depends really
    which parts frustrate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Performancewise it is no upgrade, battery should be better, so it depends really
    which parts frustrate you.

I'm running different ROMs on the OnePlus and I'm finding them to be hit and miss performance wise. Phone very laggy at the moment and I'm cross OnePlus appear to have abandoned development on this phone already. Love the idea of Cyanogen out of the box, big battery and coming with a fingerprint reader too. Definitely worth a shout I would think.Thanks!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I've had the Z1 a few weeks now and happy out with it overall. The battery is good lasts a full day with a fair amount of camera and internet use. I like Cynagen, it's my first time using it and I find it really slick. Finger print scanner can be funny but that could be how I'm set up. Overall I'd recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fozz

Any update??

Still in transit!
    Has arrived in the UK as of yesterday evening so I expect it in my Parcel Motel in a day or two...will get stuck into it as soon as possible and feedback.

I'd like to make a short youtube vid of it but I dunno how competent I'd be at that :eek:

Advertisement