Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZUK Z1 - Flagship & OnePlus Killer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Seems promising. I was looking at it. It will be probably €50 cheaper if you factor in the shipping, customer and handling chargers. I guess it will cost around €375.

Battery looks good and as you mentioned, processor is old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Seems promising. I was looking at it. It will be probably €50 cheaper if you factor in the shipping, customer and handling chargers. I guess it will cost around €375.

Battery looks good and as you mentioned, processor is old.

Just looked at OppO Mart there who I bought a Find 7 off before.

$319 plus $20 for expedited shipping

Or $319 plus $30 via DHL/TNT/EMS

So let's say $350 that's €315 :)

Wonder what's the story with tax didn't get hit for the Find 7 anyway think they have a European centre.

Edit; They do have a European centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Not too bad but a Snapdragon 805 would have been nice.
    It has basically the same internals as the OnePlus One but with 1,000 mAh more battery.
    The battery is actually very impressive. Might convince me to move on from my OPO if I hear good reports.

Oppomart have it for €284 and €18 delivery from within the EU so no extra tax.

Around €300 probably be the right price. Looks nice as well.

Not too bad but a Snapdragon 805 would have been nice.
    It has basically the same internals as the OnePlus One but with 1,000 mAh more battery.
    The battery is actually very impressive. Might convince me to move on from my OPO if I hear good reports.

Oppomart have it for €284 and €18 delivery from within the EU so no extra tax.

That battery and the camera combo plus C mod is what has me! Looks lovely too and the home button has a finger print sensor which is important to me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Mourinho wrote: »
    Just looked at OppO Mart there who I bought a Find 7 off before.

$319 plus $20 for expedited shipping

Or $319 plus $30 via DHL/TNT/EMS

So let's say $350 that's €315 :)

Wonder what's the story with tax didn't get hit for the Find 7 anyway think they have a European centre.

Edit; They do have a European centre!

Yeah, you arent accounting for VAT. Oppo have paid the VAT already when they brought it into London/Germany.

350 USD shipped = 315 EUR +78.75 EUR = 393.75. €400 isnt that cheap for a not so amazing spec phone. Find 7 QHD was €430 18 months ago. 1440p, 3GB, vSimilar cameras, smaller battery and slightly older chip.

When the OPO came out it was €320-350 delivered with really killer specs, this seems quite meh. Xiaomi would probably get my business.

EDIT: 4k mAh (we'll wait and see for that) but no mention of quickcharge?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Harika

The only thing that really annoys me with that phone are the missing notification LEDs and it seems 4G will only work fully on 3 here as not all bands are supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

feel a little disappoint for the processor of the phone, the snapdragon 801 maybe has been out of date, I think it can not make the ZUK Z1 better, but still need to say other specifications are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'd buy this for 200-250, for closer to 400 no way

ED E wrote: »
    Yeah, you arent accounting for VAT. Oppo have paid the VAT already when they brought it into London/Germany.

350 USD shipped = 315 EUR +78.75 EUR = 393.75. €400 isnt that cheap for a not so amazing spec phone. Find 7 QHD was €430 18 months ago. 1440p, 3GB, vSimilar cameras, smaller battery and slightly older chip.

When the OPO came out it was €320-350 delivered with really killer specs, this seems quite meh. Xiaomi would probably get my business.

EDIT: 4k mAh (we'll wait and see for that) but no mention of quickcharge?

Where are you getting the tax from? EU expedited shipping has no customs or tax same as when I got the Find 7.

http://www.oppomart.com/shipping/

So it is €315 delivered with EU.

Well compared to most other androids out there I prefer it. Rear camera with 13MP & OIS with a 8MP front one. Finger print sensor and 4000mah while avoiding QHD bs suits me down to the ground with native OS of CM. They are all deal breakers for me I haven't seen many front cameras over 5MP.

Every other phone I've checked misses what I need.

S6 - terrible battery

Note 4 - front camera and its looks most importantly don't appeal

LG G4 - really liked but no fingerprint sensor that really was a deal breaker along with so so battery life

I just saw the Oppo R7 Plus earlier, that's one I must look at along with Nubia Z9 they seem interesting but maybe above my price.

If you can find a phone that has the above for me with a sub €400 then by all means please share as it would be nice to have more options.

• Advertisement

To the VAT, I think most of the shops ship from the EU so you won`t pay tax for that? And most shops charge 330 with shipping.

Harika wrote: »
    To the VAT, I think most of the shops ship from the EU so you won`t pay tax for that? And most shops charge 330 with shipping.

Yeah that's what I figured OppO Mart shipped from inside the EU lasts time and I had no extra charges bar the price and delivery.

I tired the ZUK all the way to confirmation in the site via PayPal today and it's only the $350 including delivery, no tax if shipped inside EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Mourinho wrote: »
    Where are you getting the tax from? EU expedited shipping has no customs or tax same as when I got the Find 7.

That was based on the Zuks price likely being the price IN CHINA. Obviously if they have an EU base you wont pay the tax yourself, but the price will be higher at point of sale. If they were advertising the final EU sales price it'd be in euros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Wow that Elephone Vowney looks impressive and at only 300 USD. What's the catch ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭SM01

I'm waiting impatiently for reviews of the zuk z1 to see if it's worth it.

As a layperson coming from a very laggy 2nd gen moto g with no idea about flashing ROMs etc. the Chinese phone market is both hugely enticing and fear inducing that I'm not technically astute enough to do what's necessary to make them fit for use. That the ZUK Z1 has an international model, that would take the uncertainty out of the situation and its a very healthy spec upgrade on my Moto g too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Any release date for this? I like the specs especially the battery for the price.

ZUK Z1 is available. Just a reminder that it doesn't support band 20 LTE/4G.

Android Authority posted a link to buy from France at a discounted price but presently it's out of stock.

I've just ordered the phone there from the Spanish eBay site for €290 (280 + 10 delivery) to arrive in about 10 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

its on Aliexpress for $299 delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭thomasj

As a meteor customer, lack of Band 20 is a showstopper for me. I have had the One plus one for the last year , that hasnt got band 20 and the LTE performance hasn't been the best.

Otherwise that battery is amazing and it has USB 3.0, something very few phones have. The OnePlus two with USB-C doesn't have it. The new nexus 5x and 6p both with USB-C won't have it.

I'm stuck between this, OnePlus 2 or something cheaper from China so my next phone, would be interested in hearing reviews once people get this

A review: http://www.androidauthority.com/zuk-z1-review-646123/
    I ordered mine yesterday, let's see when it arrives, I will give you some impressions although I doubt it will be much different to the review above. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Wow that Elephone Vowney looks impressive and at only 300 USD. What's the catch ? :)

Wondering that too, it looks like an amazing device :)

Go for it.... and let me know how you get on ;);)
    Jelle1880 wrote: »

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Seems like they had pretty crap quality control on their P8000, would put me off a bit

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I want the grey one but the ebay sale site only has white. unless anyone has seen int anywhere?

I heard the grey one should go up for sale on the 20th.

• Advertisement

Harika wrote: »
    I heard the grey one should go up for sale on the 20th.

My phone just had a freak out so I'm using my backup Sony which I hate. So I went ahead. I couldn't be bothered waiting for the grey

Advertisement