Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freesat on LG TVs

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Data in current location very slow, so cant really bring up the the Freesat or LG website.

Do those newer LGs have built digital tuner for Saorview/Freeview for the Irish Stations as well as the Freesat tuner. Plus freetime for on demand services such as Youtube and Netflix. Am assuming if they do have have a seperate tuner its on a separate EPG.

On final question, if built in hard drive, will it record Saorview/freeview as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 prf

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your query regarding your 55UF850V.

At this moment in time sadly all I am able to advise is that that we don't have any updates on this. All we have had confirmed to us is that the LF650 and LF630 models will be supported, and this will be enabled via software update. We are however still waiting for confirmation of release date and the full list of models that will be receiving the update, and it is more than likely this will be across most of if not the entire LF and UF range.

I’m sorry I can't give you more information at present Joe, but we here are really excited about this and eagerly awaiting more information. As you can appreciate as everything is still in the process of being finalised between ourselves and Freesat, we are limited on what we can tell you, however I am confident there will be some upcoming news that can answer your queries, as we will be sure to make an official announcement as soon as we have this information.

I would also recommend keeping your eye on both LG Social Media and the following website for the latest updates,
    http://www.freesat.co.uk/about-freesat/whats-new.

If you have any further questions or queries please don't hesitate to contact us again and I will be more than happy to personally assist you further Paul , you can reply to this email by clicking the additional questions link above the survey.

Thank you for contacting us and have a lovely day,

Kind regards
    Kyle
    LG Electronics UK Help desk

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

prf wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

At this moment in time sadly all I am able to advise is that that we don't have any updates on this. All we have had confirmed to us is that the LF650 and LF630 models will be supported, and this will be enabled via software update. We are however still waiting for confirmation of release date and the full list of models that will be receiving the update, and it is more than likely this will be across most of if not the entire LF and UF range.

I’m sorry I can't give you more information at present Joe, but we here are really excited about this and eagerly awaiting more information. As you can appreciate as everything is still in the process of being finalised between ourselves and Freesat, we are limited on what we can tell you, however I am confident there will be some upcoming news that can answer your queries, as we will be sure to make an official announcement as soon as we have this information.

I would also recommend keeping your eye on both LG Social Media and the following website for the latest updates,
    http://www.freesat.co.uk/about-freesat/whats-new.

If you have any further questions or queries please don't hesitate to contact us again and I will be more than happy to personally assist you further Paul , you can reply to this email by clicking the additional questions link above the survey.

Thank you for contacting us and have a lovely day,

Kind regards
    Kyle

ah ffs, what about the 2014 tvs! It could be a long wait, and perhaps at the end of it all a waste of time! I wont buy any more lg products until i have a successful outcome!!
    :mad::(:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭peking97

ah ffs, what about the 2014 tvs! It could be a long wait, and perhaps at the end of it all a waste of time! I wont buy any more lg products until i have a successful outcome!!
    :mad::(:rolleyes:

Yeah I feel the same way about it. I've got the 32LB580V which I bought new in 2014 and expected to have the Freesat option before now.

If they do eventually get around to providing the S/W update I hope they will include the ability to change from Terrestrial to Satellite with a minimum number of keypresses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

peking97 wrote: »
    Yeah I feel the same way about it. I've got the 32LB580V which I bought new in 2014 and expected to have the Freesat option before now.

If they do eventually get around to providing the S/W update I hope they will include the ability to change from Terrestrial to Satellite with a minimum number of keypresses!

At least no one lied to me when I bought the same model. I was told it didn't have a satellite connection at all but I bought from a Eurovision shop so didn't expect them to know anything about what they were selling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭danm14

prf wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

Kind regards
    Kyle

And I got told something different - the two models that currently have Freesat only got it three days ago as a trial and it can be removed at any time, the other TVs will get it if it's a success. When told that people had gotten Freesat on those two models months ago, those people "were lying".

New firmware this morning for the LB580V but still no Freesat capability so not looking good I'd say.

New firmware this morning for the LB580V model but not sure yet what it adds (if anything)!
    Anyone know if LG provide a changelog anywhere?
    I've never been able to find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

No they don't do change logs but there is a good underground community (albeit Russian!).

I have lashed LG's head lad off an email to see what the story is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Its only a very minor change as its xx.xx.14 (up from xx.xx.12 for me) which is normally indicative of a bug fix of some kind. If new features are added I would expect the second group of numbers xx.04.xx to increment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭techdiver

Updated it last night.

Nothing new.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

techdiver wrote: »
    Updated it last night.

Nothing new.

New firmware on my tv the other day through the internet (not mentioned on the website for my 42inch), updated and still no joy on freesat... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

New firmware on my tv the other day through the internet (not mentioned on the website for my 42inch), updated and still no joy on freesat... :(

Doesn't look like other models won't get Freesat, the press release was obviously wrong

Even this year's models, only Freesat is available on LG's 4K TVs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭cojobt

Freesat & Saorview on LG is not the gift you may think it is. Many users are complaining about the difficulty of switching from antenna to satellite, and revert to using a satellite receiver. See here:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057717167

Advertisement