Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freesat on LG TVs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭raddo

Have you tried entering the hidden menu and modifying the channel list with chansort as per my earlier post?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

I have spent a lot of time and effort to no avail.

Can't you enter the enginering menu which has Country Group option...... Eng menu press ok (on TV) + ok (on remote) for 5sec (same time) and the password prompt appears. Its 0000.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

raddo wrote: »
    Have you tried entering the hidden menu and modifying the channel list with chansort as per my earlier post?

You mentioned this to me also earlier. I was able to get into the "hotel" mode of mine but I cant export to USB

Asking me to insert a USB even though it is inserted and the TV even notifies me when I put it in and shows as a source with no issue.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

STB. wrote: »
    Can't you enter the enginering menu which has Country Group option...... Eng menu press ok (on TV) + ok (on remote) for 5sec (same time) and the password prompt appears. Its 0000.

That engineering menu does not work with this TV. I press <ok> on both TV and remote and no apparent difference from pressing <ok> on either. What am I doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Do LG tvs do software updates over the air, or through a network. or both? Tonight I got prompted for an update while watching dtv. It wasnt on auto update either.

I checked yesterday against the website and mine is different to last one available, as in later than it i think. On website its 04.11.01(june), but on tv its .13
    And the prompt tonight was for version .18 ??

Any ideas? Thought it was related to this freesat thing, but no mention on website.

Update didnt complete either..

• Advertisement

That engineering menu does not work with this TV. I press <ok> on both TV and remote and no apparent difference from pressing <ok> on either. What am I doing wrong?

LD490 engineering menu is called EZ_ADJUST. There is also a IN_START menu. It might be accessed by pressing menu on remote and on TV for 5 seconds simultaneously. http://openlgtv.org.ru/wiki/index.php/Hidden_service_modes_/_menus

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

LD490 engineering menu is called EZ_ADJUST. There is also a IN_START menu. It might be accessed by pressing menu on remote and on TV for 5 seconds simultaneously. http://openlgtv.org.ru/wiki/index.php/Hidden_service_modes_/_menus

I got into the Hotel menu but not any other. Hotel menu is only useful for crippling the TV so hotel guests cannot 'fix' the TV. The EzAdj menu on the link is blank and is the one I want to get into. I want to change the Country group so I have access to Country= xxx.

So far I have tried all the ones quoted on the internet I have found, but none appear to work. There is one that uses a Harmony remote but I do not have one of those.

I got into the Hotel menu but not any other. Hotel menu is only useful for crippling the TV so hotel guests cannot 'fix' the TV. The EzAdj menu on the link is blank and is the one I want to get into. I want to change the Country group so I have access to Country= xxx.

So far I have tried all the ones quoted on the internet I have found, but none appear to work. There is one that uses a Harmony remote but I do not have one of those.

You do not need a Harmony remote. You can use other IR devices or even a PC. http://openlgtv.org.ru/wiki/index.php/Access_hidden_service_menus_/_modes

I find it hard to follow their instructions. I have a Lidl SilverCrest Universal Remote Control. I have it programmed for the LG TV but it does not have every function. My own LG remote has poor response to the most used buttons and is basically crap.

The 'magic' button is, I presume' the '<S> button. There is a macro button.

Not sure how to proceed.

There is another update labelled october out today. Havent checked what it is yet.

• Advertisement

I find it hard to follow their instructions. I have a Lidl SilverCrest Universal Remote Control. I have it programmed for the LG TV but it does not have every function. My own LG remote has poor response to the most used buttons and is basically crap.

The 'magic' button is, I presume' the '<S> button. There is a macro button.

Not sure how to proceed.

Sam in my own pursuit of an editor for channels, I looked around about your TV which is a 2011 model ? Sequence should be. Press and hold the Menu/Home button on your remote until the menu disappears again. While you can still see some channel information on the screen, press 1105+OK on your remote Ignore the screen that pops up and press the Menu/Home button again. Otherwise.... Android app will work using IR mode, and you can change country that way. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.gmg.android.lgsm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Has anyone got this update on their smart tv? I have a 42LM620s and I am wondering will this software release come out for this model. My understanding is that it will, since the Tv is a smart tv with a sat tuner but it is a european model

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Has anyone got this update on their smart tv? I have a 42LM620s and I am wondering will this software release come out for this model. My understanding is that it will, since the Tv is a smart tv with a sat tuner but it is a european model

Nothing here yet. 2013 smart TV (42LN578V)

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭peking97

Nothing here yet either SmartTV 32LB580V (2014):(

Sam in my own pursuit of an editor for channels, I looked around about your TV which is a 2011 model ? Sequence should be. Press and hold the Menu/Home button on your remote until the menu disappears again. While you can still see some channel information on the screen, press 1105+OK on your remote Ignore the screen that pops up and press the Menu/Home button again. Otherwise.... Android app will work using IR mode, and you can change country that way. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.gmg.android.lgsm

@STB

I got that to work but it only led me to the hotel menu which did not offer any possibility to do anything else but further cludge the TV.

I have a very poor remote where many buttons do not work well - mainly the often used ones. This makes life difficult.

@STB

I got that to work but it only led me to the hotel menu which did not offer any possibility to do anything else but further cludge the TV.

I have a very poor remote where many buttons do not work well - mainly the often used ones. This makes life difficult.

Sam. You do not need to enter the first option which is indeed the Hotel Mode.

Do you have an option called "USB Cloning" ? Should be under Hotel mode.

This is the menu option that allows you to download your channel list to a USB stick (receive from TV). It will save 2 TLL files. One called globalxxx.dll and the other xxmodelxx.tll.

You can then edit it with chansort which is an excellent bit of free software. You edit the second file mentioned xxmodelxx.tll.

You can delete the SSU channel (which has an LCN of 10 by the way). You can also move and renumber your channels etc for each tuner. It is invaluable for satellite. You then save that one file and go to the same menu and reload that one file using the same menu and the send to tv option.

If the "Clone USB" option isn't there, I suggest you get the android app and use your phone as the IR device. It does the same as a Oneforall or harmony.

OK, I'll try that.

OK, I'll try that.

If you have the option in the menu, then don't be afraid to do it.

Simple process. Delete the channels you don't want and renumber. You can do it for each tuner. Radio and Tv are split also. I had to do it myself for a 2015 smart TV and it worked fine.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/chansort/

366797.jpg

@STB

Great, I got that to work eventually after much messing. I now have RTE 1 at position 1.

The second problem was the Summer/Winter time so I will have to wait til the end of March to find out if that is fixed as I changed the country to Ireland.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Is anyone still waiting for the freesat update?

I have a 2015 43LF590V which has webos 2.0 and a satellite tuner

When I look at the guide, there is a freesat logo, but it doesn't have the 8 day epg or any of the other freesat features.

I have already changed my location to the U.K. and I even did a factory reset to try and force any updates that might not have automatically updated when I was set to Ireland

Does everyone else have the update already? or are they just still rolling it out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Sam. You do not need to enter the first option which is indeed the Hotel Mode.

Do you have an option called "USB Cloning" ? Should be under Hotel mode.

This is the menu option that allows you to download your channel list to a USB stick (receive from TV). It will save 2 TLL files. One called globalxxx.dll and the other xxmodelxx.tll.

You can then edit it with chansort which is an excellent bit of free software. You edit the second file mentioned xxmodelxx.tll.

You can delete the SSU channel (which has an LCN of 10 by the way). You can also move and renumber your channels etc for each tuner. It is invaluable for satellite. You then save that one file and go to the same menu and reload that one file using the same menu and the send to tv option.

If the "Clone USB" option isn't there, I suggest you get the android app and use your phone as the IR device. It does the same as a Oneforall or harmony.

Thanks STB, if memory serves I have the same TV as Sam - would be delighted if this worked!

homer911 wrote: »
    Thanks STB, if memory serves I have the same TV as Sam - would be delighted if this worked!

What you have to do is get rid of the SSU channels at position one. I managed that with STB's instructions but still had to rearrange the channels a bit but all is fine. I also changed the country to Ireland but have yet to see if this has any effect as I only did it after the time change. I had trouble working out how to save the file but managed it in the end. If you want, I can send you my file.

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I sent LG a mail the other day about the update and they basically said they would be rolled out in the 'near future'

homer911 wrote: »

Works with most LG Tv's (and Panis an Samsungs). Just edit the xxmodelxx.tll file NOT the Global one. Make sure your TV is the very same model as Sam's if you are going to use someone elses channel list.

New firmware 04.04.10 downloaded this morning for the 32LB580V but no sign of Freesat capability included?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

peking97 wrote: »
    New firmware 04.04.10 downloaded this morning for the 32LB580V but no sign of Freesat capability included?:confused:
    Is the TV set to UK as the region/country?

Yes I temporarily set country to UK but when I tried to enter a UK postcode it reported an error....perhaps some type of geo-blocking??

Might try again with network connection disabled and see what happens.

peking97 wrote: »
    Yes I temporarily set country to UK but when I tried to enter a UK postcode it reported an error....perhaps some type of geo-blocking??

Did it give you the option to enter a postcode? This is only available with Freesat. IIRC the postcode is entered without a space.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

The Cush wrote: »
    It did give you the option to enter a postcode? This is only available with Freesat. IIRC the postcode is entered without a space.

Entering a post code is only available with freesat, not on LG?
    Not relevant yet, but where will the postcode be entered? Is it in TV settings?

• Advertisement

Not relevant yet, but where will the postcode be entered? Is it in TV settings?

On my older Sony Freesat TV the postcode had to be entered during the setup initial tuning.

Advertisement