Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Born addicted RTE2 Thursday night

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,194 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I would have liked had the makers focused a little on the fathers of these children. No questions asked at all to any of them. Who's the father, how were you acquainted etc. The woman with 7 children. I am guessing here, but of the 7 how many were with the same man? The girl who moved to Cavan, and Donna, who are the fathers and where are they, what role, if any do they play? Pretty pertinent and obvious questions/details IMO. Completely ommitted.:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Chemical Byrne

walshb wrote: »
    I would have liked had the makers focused a little on the fathers of these children. No questions asked at all to any of them. Who's the father, how were you acquainted etc. The woman with 7 children. I am guessing here, but of the 7 how many were with the same man? The girl who moved to Cavan, and Donna, who are the fathers and where are they, what role, if any do they play? Pretty pertinent and obvious questions/details IMO. Completely ommitted.:confused:

I would say the main reasons for this is that:
    a) the fathers are absconded
    b) the mothers don't know where, or even who, the fathers are
    c) the fathers mightn't even know they're fathers

That is what your dealing with amongst this section of society.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,194 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I would say the main reasons for this is that:
    a) the fathers are absconded
    b) the mothers don't know where, or even who, the fathers are
    c) the fathers mightn't even know they're fathers

That is what your dealing with amongst this section of society.

That's fine. But ask, let us the viewer know these things. That is something that stood out for me. No questions even asked, or no information given to the viewere on fathers or how they became pregant (circumstances).

Simple: Donna,do you know who the father is? If so, is he around, does he have any involvement. How were you and the father acquainted? Stuff like that. If there is no info, maybe the narrator can let us know this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭vagazzled

The prescribing policy for methadone is madness. There is no incentive to get off it, and there are little to no public beds available to people who genuinely want help detoxing - many who have been on it 10 years plus.
    Other weaning drugs, such as suboxone , (with a 5 day withdrawal period as opposed to 2-4 weeks sickness from methadone) are simply not available to those that want them, as the HSE has a 'one size fits all' methadone policy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭custard gannet

From the way she described how long she was on heroin/ methadone and the ages of her kids (she said her eldest knows she is a recovering addict but says nothing, so I'm guessing he is somewhere around the 10 to 13 mark), the one with seven children must be 30 to 33 years old. She looked a rough 50.:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement