Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC London - February 27th 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,092 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Really enjoying this

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

That's a 10-8 round in my books, won't be scored as it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

What did they call that sub attempt? Was it some kind of weird americana from bottom?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Amirkhani is a special fighter.

John_D80 wrote: »
    What did they call that sub attempt? Was it some kind of weird americana from bottom?

Key lock or something along those lines hardy said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

ASOT wrote: »
    Amirkhani is a special fighter.

so clam in the guillotine escape there.

Yeah it was definitely very like a key lock/americana alright but I could have sworn I heard him say ''.........plata''

so clam in the guillotine escape there.

Didn't look phased at all then went straight back to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Yeah it was definitely very like a key lock/americana alright but I could have sworn I heard him say ''.........plata''

Baratoplata was what he referred to.
    T. P. Grant ‏@TP_Grant 6m6 minutes ago
    the baratoplata is a different lock that twists the arm, but it is much more efficient that the "Mir Lock"

TheTownie wrote: »
    Baratoplata was what he referred to.

Cheers mate. Thats a new one to me. Had never even heard of it before.

• Advertisement

30-26 imo, great fight. Amirkhani is a wizard on the ground, amazing top game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"Keep working or I'll stand you up!"

You for real ref? Full mount and striking and he tells them to keep working??? Big difference in quality between the last two refs.

I have to be honest but as dominant as he was, I expected something a bit better from Amirkhani.

ASOT wrote: »
    30-26 imo, great fight. Amirkhani is a wizard on the ground, amazing top game.

Very slick but I think he should be finishing guys like Wilkinson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I hadn't seen Amirkhani fight before, he's very impressive, top quality ground game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

RonanP77 wrote: »
    I hadn't seen Amirkhani fight before, he's very impressive, top quality ground game.

You better watch his UFC debut then :)

I have to be honest but as dominant as he was, I expected something a bit better from Amirkhani.

Seemed content to control the fight rather than really going for a finish which won't go down well with the top brass if that becomes a trend in his fights.

1st two UFC fights were quick finishes though so hes still in their good books I'm sure.

Win or lose here, I have a feeling Brad Pickett will be calling it a day after this fight.

Hopefully Brad retires after this fight, met him in Dublin when he fought McCal was such a nice lad but just doesn't have it anymore imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I feel like they'll eventually start loading advertisements onto these FightPass broadcasts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I wonder did Makean have an injury or something. For such a great stand up, the constant takedowns looked a bit strange. Saying that i never realised how good his ground game is.

Turns out this main card is on Fight Network too.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I wonder did Makean have an injury or something. For such a great stand up, the constant takedowns looked a bit strange. Saying that i never realised how good his ground game is.

To be fair, he came into the UFC, being touted as a wrestling/grappling phenom. As far as I know his flying knee KO was his first KO ever.

To be fair, he came into the UFC, being touted as a wrestling/grappling phenom. As far as I know his flying knee KO was his first KO ever.

You're right, one win by KO/TKO for Amir.

TheTownie wrote: »
    You're right, one win by KO/TKO for Amir.

And most (if not all) of his other wins by submission right?

I vaguely remember hearing he was a big deal on the submission wrestling circuit in europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah never knew that, some slick transitions and reversals.

And most (if not all) of his other wins by submission right?

I vaguely remember hearing he was a big deal on the submission wrestling circuit in europe.

Aye, 9 submissions, 3 decisions.

I'd score that a draw, but pickett will get a decision.

Good scrap that. Big announcement coming from brad??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I thought Pickett lost that one, he was caught a lot and wobbled a few times.

Advertisement