Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy rainfall alert: Fri 11th - Mon 14th Sept

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

That kind of turquoise line is 70mm is it?

The colour code goes up in 5 mm increments so anything blue is => 10 mm over a 6 hour period. The darkest blues are for 20 mm + over the same time frame.

Still not a drop here yet.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Nice looking fax..

361916.gif

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Rain has arrived in the last hour in Galway city: 1.6mm so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭pauldry

Over 15mm in parts of Kerry so far in past 3 or 4 Hours

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Just for fun, a little spot of 200mm has appeared over high ground in Mayo on the 18Z WRF. That would be quite a lot of rain in 36 hours. I think the model is overdoing it a bit.

kxiMiUs.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just for fun, a little spot of 200mm has appeared over high ground in Mayo on the 18Z WRF. That would be quite a lot of rain in 36 hours. I think the model is overdoing it a bit.

kxiMiUs.png

Going by the summer we had in Mayo it would not be surprising ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Probably will be tomorrow evening before the rain reaches the east.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mackdublin

Has rain hit doolin to ballyvaughan area yet and if so how much? Driving that way today?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

very heavy rain seems to be further west towards coast than predicted? even looking at met office England's predictive sequence there is no real red patterns inland and there was yday

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Another 22mm recorded here near Tralee since midnight, Total since rain started 46mm

Light to moderate rain this morning

Little or no breeze

14.3C

Edit: very heavy rain again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

So far a none event: Current light to near moderate rain. No Wind hardly any. Dense cloud cover murky.

My cup is showing just 10mm
    WS shows 10.2 today.

Cork City
    08:30
    11/09/2015

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

When is it supposed to be hitting the midlands, looking at raintoday and it's just missing me in Portarlington, I was mean't to paint outside today but put it off.

Another 22mm recorded here near Tralee since midnight, Total since rain started 46mm

Light to moderate rain this morning

Little or no breeze

14.3C

Edit: very heavy rain again.

If you have 46 already then I wouldn't be surprised if you end around 100 by tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Looks to be extremely slow moving? Looking at the short range forecast on met.ie anyway

nmm_uk1-25-36-4_iwy8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Sun is shining in the NE, when are we due this to ruin the day

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭RoisinD

Mackdublin wrote: »
    Has rain hit doolin to ballyvaughan area yet and if so how much? Driving that way today?

Has rained all night here. Some very heavy bursts. Haven't been out yet so cannot comment on local flooding. It depends on which roads you will be traveling on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭pad199207

Not expecting much here in Kildare at all

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Heavy rain again in Tralee, extremely dull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Steady light rainfall in Galway city; event total so far 17.6mm

• Advertisement

Any reports from North Clare area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Damn, I was expecting a nice big storm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

leahyl wrote: »
    Looks to be extremely slow moving? Looking at the short range forecast on met.ie anyway

It is. The front currently lying off the west coast is being prevented from making its more usual quick exit eastwards by a strong anticyclone to the east. When such as set up exists, you can get waves forming along the front which more or less 'stagnate' it over a region for many hours.

361951.PNG

One such wave is forecast to develop later this afternoon and it is this that could bring the heaviest spell of rain as it pushes north up over the country this eve. Will really be a nowcast situation if it does develop I think.

New Moon

'Rain will become heavy and widespread in the afternoon' RTE weather after 10 o'clock news! Have they bothered to look at the rainfall radar? Half of the country have had heavy and widespread rain for the past 12+ hours http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

RoisinD wrote: »
    'Rain will become heavy and widespread in the afternoon' RTE weather after 10 o'clock news! Have they bothered to look at the rainfall radar? Half of the country have had heavy and widespread rain for the past 12+ hours http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp
    They are broadcasting to a Dublin audience :cool:

Mackdublin wrote: »
    Any reports from North Clare area?

I replied to you above. Have been out locally and there is a lot of surface water on the roads and it is still bucketing down. As I said before it depends what roads you are traveling on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

East Waterford - dull but dry bar the odd spit. That said the radar suggests it'll be here any minute.

RoisinD wrote: »
    I replied to you above. Have been out locally and there is a lot of surface water on the roads and it is still bucketing down. As I said before it depends what roads you are traveling on.

Thanks Roisin.

Tralee: 28mm since midnight, 52mm event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

For the east coasters the Dublin Airport TAF is forecasting rain starting somewhere around 14:00 - 16:00 but with a lot of uncertainty about the specifics, basically a nowcast event here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement