Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge +

Options

Comments

My phone iso starting to give me quite a few problems the fast charging has stopped working for no reason. I have tried 2 different fast chargers and has done Notting what so ever.

The phone is takeing like 5 hours to charge now :/. When it go's down to like 7 to 10%.

When I use the phone while charging the % all so go's down.

I have delated nearly every app that I don't use and just kept the bare bones of what's needed.

Does anyone know what the problem might be ?.

I noticed it was getting more and more picky with fast charging also. Someone mentioned earlier on that if you unplug your usb cable from the charger end, then plug it back in, fast charging usually works. I find it to be hit and miss.

A lot of the time, I don't worry about it, but when I do really need a fast charge, I find myself unplugging and plugging in the phone a few times, until it displays fast charging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Basil3 wrote: »
    I noticed it was getting more and more picky with fast charging also. Someone mentioned earlier on that if you unplug your usb cable from the charger end, then plug it back in, fast charging usually works. I find it to be hit and miss.

A lot of the time, I don't worry about it, but when I do really need a fast charge, I find myself unplugging and plugging in the phone a few times, until it displays fast charging.

Tried everything and tried another fast charger from my mothers S6 edge and made no difference what so ever. Plug in and out removing cables in and out. Rebuilt the phone from new as well done notting to.

Plugged my phone in when i went to bed last night at 2am woke up this morning at 9am phone was 70% charge when i plug it in it was 10%.

When i use the phone while plugged in the phone gos down % as well when i am using the internet over WIFI what i find is nuts.

Have been in touch with amazon and they are giving me a replacement for it. All i have to do is send back my old one when i get it. This is why i buy from amazon nearly 99% of the time they fix all problems no problem.

But shocked that the phone only lasted about 14 weeks before i had a problem. I had a note 3 and a note 4 before this and only had a problem with them when the phone was nearly a year old when i just replaced the battery with a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Currently have the Gold Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus.

Gold Samsung Clear view Cover.

Gold Tempered Glass Screen Protector.

White Wireless Charger.

Love it except the Battery

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Right, apologies but I'm not reading the whole thread and it's more or less to do with Polo Mints last post re the battery. Is it really poor? Full charge what would I expect from it, internet use, phone calls, texts etc. Vague I know :) It's just the edge not the +. Due an upgrade from Three and it's looking like this or an M9.

petes wrote: »
    Right, apologies but I'm not reading the whole thread and it's more or less to do with Polo Mints last post re the battery. Is it really poor? Full charge what would I expect from it, internet use, phone calls, texts etc. Vague I know :) It's just the edge not the +. Due an upgrade from Three and it's looking like this or an M9.

I have both S6 Edge+ and M9. The edge+ is better in almost every way, but so it should be, considering it's 6 months newer and €200 or so more expensive.

That said, I prefer HTC ui, and it feels snappier than the Sammy....so I'm back using M9 and the Mrs has my edge+.

Battery on edge+ is decent, I wouldn't say it's poor. It's definitely better than the M9 and Marshmallow should make it better. Quick charge on the edge+ is also amazing.

I would either get the edge+ or wait for the M10/S7 in 2 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I would either get the edge+ or wait for the M10/S7 in 2 months.

To be honest, I'm not sure if either will be worth the wait so I think I'll go for the Edge. The Edge+ would just be a tiny bit too big for me.

Thanks!

/edit, just to add I'm very impatient:pac:

To be honest, I'm not sure if either will be worth the wait so I think I'll go for the Edge. The Edge+ would just be a tiny bit too big for me.

Thanks!

I would think they're absolutely worth the wait. Definitely expect the M10 to be a big improvement on M9.

Biggest problem of the standard edge is battery life, which the Edge+ makes up for with a larger battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Thanks!

The S6 Edge + is a sexy phone with a high IQ

the M9 Looks exactly like the M8

Im Guessing the S7 Edge will look like the S6 Edge

I went for the + as its not as big is you are thinking once in your hand.

Ive always went for the top phones every year but my god, The S6+ looks, Acts and feels like perfection.

*Swoons*

Got a Nexus 5X from work as my work phone last week and my reg phone is a S6 Edge + now replaced on my 2nd one. Anyone in the office seems to come to me for advice on new phones they hold my S6 EDGE + they go out and buy one or get the office to pay for it.

I just dont like the 5x at all just fells cheap and bad next to my S6 edge plus ha ha.

The S6 Edge+ is the closest I've had to perfection in a phone. That said, there's a few things that annoy me about it. Please note, this is in comparison to my M9, which has a lot of shortcomings against the Edge+ in other areas.

1. IR blaster. Why leave this out? Can't be a cost cutting thing, and I don't use it a lot....I do miss it though.

2. DND/Priority modes. These things have been standard on Android for a good while now, I don't know why Sammy have to mess with it. When you're used to having it (and using it), it's hard to live without priority mode.

3. General UI smoothness/appeal. Sammy have improved a lot, but my M9 still feels snappier and has a nicer UI. With my M9 now on MM, it has great battery life, and can hit 120k (yes, 120k) in Antutu. Crazy.

4. Sammy themes suck. HTC themes are so much better, you can personalise them so much more, mixing and matching icon packs, fonts, sounds, highlight colours etc. It's just loads better than Sammy's theme system which seems to lack personalisation.

Don't get me wrong, it's probably the best phone out there right now. 3 of my 4 points can be fixed via software updates, so clearly from a hardware point of view, it's a beast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Ardent

I need a new phone and I would love the 6 Edge+ but the lack of microSD is a deal breaker for me. Is no-one else concerned by this, particularly as you can only get paltry 16/32 GB models here?

Ardent wrote: »
    I need a new phone and I would love the 6 Edge+ but the lack of microSD is a deal breaker for me. Is no-one else concerned by this, particularly as you can only get paltry 16/32 GB models here?

Non issue for me. I have had devices with and without micro SD, and I can survive on 32gb. I stream most things, though.

I don't know what people would fill 64gb up with, unless you're a audiophile that requires 40gb of flac files on device or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Ardent

Non issue for me. I have had devices with and without micro SD, and I can survive on 32gb. I stream most things, though.

I don't know what people would fill 64gb up with, unless you're a audiophile that requires 40gb of flac files on device or something.

Movies? Handy if you travel at all.

Ardent wrote: »
    Movies? Handy if you travel at all.

SanDisk 64GB Ultra Android Dual Drive https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HR7J3CA/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_CxuLwbY7B6BWE

For when you travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I purchased two of these and one keeps switching off which is annoying plus battery life is absolutely brutal. I am back to my S5 tomorrow thank God. .

Truckermal wrote: »
    I purchased two of these and one keeps switching off which is annoying plus battery life is absolutely brutal. I am back to my S5 tomorrow thank God. .

Get a warranty replacement. This device is infinitely better than S5.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

I had an S4 and the battery was stupid. I can't get used to the battery on S6 Edge + I keep thinking it should be nearly fecked...and its not!

The fast charging is great and I bought one of the wireless charging pads so (a habit now) I just leave my phone on it on my desk.

The lack of an SD card is also not an issue. I take loads of pictures as the camera is fantastic and as soon as it connects to Wifi everything backs up to Google Photos.

I've only had it since November but the UI zips along.

Needless to say - I have now probably jinxed the machine!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Got myself an S6 Edge Plus a few days ago and have a few questions if I may:

- Coming from a Note 4 with Cyanogenmod 12.1, I've read that there isn't a compatible version for this phone. Is this true?

- Can this be easily rooted? Any recommendations. Again I'm reading that Samsung have stepped up the Knox nonsense another level. I'm not overly bothered by that, but if it can be avoided then cool.

- It came from 3 so running 5.1.1. Ordinarily I'd flash it with a generic build (as I did with my Note 4 before moving to CM 12.1). Is there a recommended one people are using for this to strip out the bloatware a bit and improve OTA updates? Alternatively is there a Marshmallow build people would recommend?

- Any recommendations for a cover? Preferably one that doesn't add too much bulk.

Get a warranty replacement. This device is infinitely better than S5.

I sent it back to Three and its still the fcuking same, I am totally p1ssed off now and they expect me to send it back again....:mad::mad:

I sent it back to Three and its still the fcuking same, I am totally p1ssed off now and they expect me to send it back again....:mad::mad:

Battery life or switching off? Did you get a replacement device, or the same one repaired?

If it's a replacement device and you have the same issues, then it sounds like the problem might be from an app you're using, or something similar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Got myself an S6 Edge Plus a few days ago and have a few questions if I may:

- Coming from a Note 4 with Cyanogenmod 12.1, I've read that there isn't a compatible version for this phone. Is this true?

- Can this be easily rooted? Any recommendations. Again I'm reading that Samsung have stepped up the Knox nonsense another level. I'm not overly bothered by that, but if it can be avoided then cool.

- It came from 3 so running 5.1.1. Ordinarily I'd flash it with a generic build (as I did with my Note 4 before moving to CM 12.1). Is there a recommended one people are using for this to strip out the bloatware a bit and improve OTA updates? Alternatively is there a Marshmallow build people would recommend?

- Any recommendations for a cover? Preferably one that doesn't add too much bulk.

Kaiser, I (which is odd for me) haven't messed around with the rooting of my phone yet, or changing firmware etc, I've had the phone since end of sept, just haven't felt the need to, so can't help you on those ones im afraid.

However, on the cover, I got this from Amazon, and have to say am extremely impressed with it.

Despite not being an official Samsung product, it fits the phone perfectly, and I'm constantly getting remarks and compliments about it.

Kaiser, I (which is odd for me) haven't messed around with the rooting of my phone yet, or changing firmware etc, I've had the phone since end of sept, just haven't felt the need to, so can't help you on those ones im afraid.

However, on the cover, I got this from Amazon, and have to say am extremely impressed with it.

Despite not being an official Samsung product, it fits the phone perfectly, and I'm constantly getting remarks and compliments about it.

Cheers for that :) Looks good!

Main reason I want to root it really is to be able to reinstall AdAway so as to be able to strip out the ads from within apps etc - reason for the generic image is because the 3 one seems to not have the "2G only" option in mobile settings which I need at home as the 3G/4G signal is dire and by restricting it it forces it to use the old O2/VF network which is far better.

I presume it's just a matter of flashing the UK DBT image with Odin and then doing a factory wipe again to reset the CSC?

Battery life or switching off? Did you get a replacement device, or the same one repaired?

If it's a replacement device and you have the same issues, then it sounds like the problem might be from an app you're using, or something similar.

No its the same device..

As a quick update... flashed it last night with the UK DBT firmware which didn't break Knox and debranded/deboated it nicely. Plus it restored the 2G only option I needed :)

Still debating about whether to root to be able to get rid of ads... I've also discovered that a few Nokia Lumia wireless chargers I have in the office here work with this too - even through the (temporary) silicone case I have on it :)

Update for everyone my sim free s6 edge plus just got pushed the 6.0 update and is downloading right now :O.

Cant wait to see whats new with it ha ha. The joys of going sim free you get the updates months before the networks in ireland

Update for everyone my sim free s6 edge plus just got pushed the 6.0 update and is downloading right now :O.

Cant wait to see whats new with it ha ha. The joys of going sim free you get the updates months before the networks in ireland

Samsung are a complete embarrassment with their software updates.

Anyway been using it for the day so far the 6.0 update its a lot faster. Like the phone has gone stupid fast now since its been updated. Everything also seems clearer as well on the screen.

Extremely happy with the S6 edge plus since i got it. Unless the new S7 edge plus has a bigger screen there is no real reason to upgrade as the phone has everything i wont.

Samsung are a complete embarrassment with their software updates.

I got mine this morning with Three..

I got mine this morning with Three..

Yeah, months after every other OEM. It's definitely one thing that leans me back towards HTC. Faster, more frequent software updates.

I was running Android N on my Nexus 9 before my Edge+ got Marshmallow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Yeah, months after every other OEM. It's definitely one thing that leans me back towards HTC. Faster, more frequent software updates.

I was running Android N on my Nexus 9 before my Edge+ got Marshmallow.

I'd be happier with less sw updates. They never seem to really make any difference performance wise just make the phone look more and more like an iPhone. I haven't a clue what version is on mine, all I know is that it's works perfectly, good screen, good battery life etc.

Advertisement