Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge +

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I tried going in to the shop to hold the edge or edge+ but the sides of the phone make it so hard to hold, which is making me think twice about this phone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Basil3 wrote: »
    Where did you get the Note 5 from?
    Location = Christchurch, NZ (I presume?)
    I pulled the trigger on a contract with 3 today. They will give me a call when the Edge+ comes with their next delivery sometime this coming week.
    Am very close to joining you, had one in my hands today, (Liffey valley store) nice piece of kit.
    The lad there said that they sold out with in one day.

I know I'm gonna miss the stylus though.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

I honestly can't face buying the edge only to have the note 5 come out in a few months.

I just don't know if I can last that wait though haha.. The edge looks excellent but I need that stylus.. The edges are a complete gimmick but look great tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Like my upgrade is in a few weeks i used one these the other day and being honest i fell in love with it compare to my Note 4 or my fathers iPhone 6 +. Like i was thinking of going back to the iPhone but i cant see my self going back to it as the screen is smaller and the phone dosint really look that great. Also the big loss on the screen sharpness plays a major part in this losing a 100 + pixels per inch does add up big time.

With the fact it does not have stylus dosint really make me miss it as the only time i have ever took it out was do write down ideas for work and the likes but i can live with out that.

Any idea when will Vodafone have the phone in stock ?. As i more then likely will be wonting the 64GB one.

Location = Christchurch, NZ (I presume?)

Am very close to joining you, had one in my hands today, (Liffey valley store) nice piece of kit.
    The lad there said that they sold out with in one day.

I know I'm gonna miss the stylus though.

I'm a kiwi, and didn't even click that it might be Chch in NZ!

I also would have preferred the Note, but I didn't actually use the stylus much when I last had one (Note 2). I think they've improved it a lot since then, though.

In any case, if I decide I really want the Note when it comes out, should be able to sell the Edge+ and get not far off what the Note will be selling for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Where is the Edge+ available to buy Sim free online ? I am assuming Amazon is best bet ?

Doesn't look like three will be restocking this anytime soon.. I've a feeling when it does come back it will even be a bit more expensive.

Just when I decide I can't be bothered to wait for the note :pac:

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Doesn't look like three will be restocking this anytime soon.. I've a feeling when it does come back it will even be a bit more expensive.

Just when I decide I can't be bothered to wait for the note :pac:

My 3 reckons they will get delivery Friday/Saturday and Edge+ should be in there.

Interesting to note that Vodafone still don't list it on their site, but Carphone Warehouse are offering it on Vodafone contract.

My 3 reckons they will get delivery Friday/Saturday and Edge+ should be in there.

Interesting to note that Vodafone still don't list it on their site, but Carphone Warehouse are offering it on Vodafone contract.

Looking at it there 150 euro is not bad at all on the 60 euro a month deal with Spotify. As my upgrade is due on the 28th and i think i will be buying it.

Looking at it there 150 euro is not bad at all on the 60 euro a month deal with Spotify. As my upgrade is due on the 28th and i think i will be buying it.

Yeah, it's weighing up the international texts and minutes on Vodafone (which I will miss) vs unlimited data on 3.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's weighing up the international texts and minutes on Vodafone (which I will miss) vs unlimited data on 3.

I am with Vodafone myself already and paid €150 euros for the note 4 last year so i cant complain at all.

Only thing i wish was they where selling the 64GB S6 edge + so i can have more music downloaded from Spoity

Ah not too bad.. Hopefully it goes up online too

Dropped into several different three and carphone warehouse stores today. None are expecting the phone at least a month.

Dropped into several different three and carphone warehouse stores today. None are expecting the phone at least a month.

Haha, really? I dropped in past my local 3 yesterday while I was in the area. The guy who signed me up on my contract knew nothing. I assume my contract doesn't actually start until I receive the phone!

Would be strange to have such a delay, and I'm really surprised that those shops could give you that kind of answer. Normally they don't even know what is coming in the next delivery.

That's what I'm hoping. Didn't realise it would be so difficult to give someone 800euro :rolleyes:

I was told the phone being up for sale on the three website was just pre release stock. Which sort of goes in line with that three told me online when I asked, which was the phone is yet to release on the network. Bit strange to say the least, a joke really. It's just too expensive sim free online otherwise I'd have placed my order by now :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I got told Oct 5th from a 3 rep. :mad:

I got told Oct 5th from a 3 rep. :mad:

Whoa. 2 weeks is still better than a month, I guess.

Really weird of them to not release the Note 5 in Europe and push the Edge+, only to have no stock.

If the battery life of the Moto x style was any better I'd be all over that now.. There's nothing much out at the minute.

Ilk give this another few weeks and see how it plays out.. Otherwise I'll have to go for something else

The Samsung Experience Store (CPH) in Mahon Cork have 1 on Vodafone. It's a 32gb model and they want 899 for it !!

Absolute madness.. Three had it for 750 just two weeks back.

But honestly looking at the prices in other parts of the world I can't see it coming back at that price.. It will definitely be 800 minimum. Gah there's nothing else out that grabs me :mad:

• Advertisement

It's back up on the website.. €760

Pretty happy to be wrong :cool:

It's back up on the website.. €760

Pretty happy to be wrong :cool:

Good stuff. I hope my man at the shop holds on to one for me.

Edit: Just noticed it says that it ships in 5 days, so assume it's not in stores yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

I hope there will be a gold one soon. Always had black phones, wanna try something else. They have one black in Galway Shopping Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

kave2 wrote: »
    I hope there will be a gold one soon. Always had black phones, wanna try something else. They have one black in Galway Shopping Centre.

I was in the same boat too, had black notes all before and wanted the gold. I was lucky enough to get this phone on release and obviously all they had was black. Have to say its very nice and is more of a "Navy" or Dark Blue if that interests you at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

I know, it's kinda blueish. I will rather wait until the gold version is available. I'm pretty sure in month or so they will have different colors.

Given the choice of blue/black and gold, I'd take blue/black anyway. A girl I know has gold, and it really doesn't do it for me.

I would love the titanium silver, and have heard that shows fingerprints the least, but would be surprised if that is released here anytime soon.

Good stuff. I hope my man at the shop holds on to one for me.

Edit: Just noticed it says that it ships in 5 days, so assume it's not in stores yet.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/shop/phones-plans/all-phones/samsung-galaxy-s6-edge

899.99 here, black/blue sapphire only, vodafone only, and it's 32gb. I checked in store.

Where is it available for less than 900 and in 64gb ?

Flaccus wrote: »
    http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/shop/phones-plans/all-phones/samsung-galaxy-s6-edge

899.99 here, black/blue sapphire only, vodafone only, and it's 32gb. I checked in store.

Where is it available for less than 900 and in 64gb ?

Yeah, has been showing on Carphone warehouse site for a while, but I'm not sticking with Vodafone.

I reckon 64gb might take a while to come out, not to mention it will be an insane price. That's part of the reason I'm switching to 3.... Stream everything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 FlickBean

Hey guys,

(I'm not sure if it is ok to post this up but...)

I have a brand new (unopened) gold 64GB S6 Edge if anybody is interested. I have the receipt - it is locked to Vodafone at the moment but can be unlocked!

• Advertisement

FlickBean wrote: »
    Hey guys,

(I'm not sure if it is ok to post this up but...)

I have a brand new (unopened) gold 64GB S6 Edge if anybody is interested. I have the receipt - it is locked to Vodafone at the moment but can be unlocked!

Edge or Edge+? Not that I'm interested.

Advertisement