Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG 2016

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

Guess who's back...
    Just wondering, for output 1 and 2, can your sketches be scanned in? I know for output 3 they must be done directly onto the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Limerickham

Yeah, scan away. Be sure to mention that they're your original artwork in your referencing (or that absolutely EVERYTHING that isn't yours is referenced )

Oh thank god...brief moment of panic there! And (stupid question coming up) how do you reference the images? A link to the web page or something?

Could some kind soul tell me whether the DCG portfolio has to be handed up in physical page format or if it is handed in on a CD? I'm talking about output 1,2,3 etc, not output 4 and 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

Not sure what your reference to 4&8 means but all pages must be printed out into a portfolio. With a CD or memory stick attached with a copy of everything on it. Plus a back up cd left in the school.

The printed portfolio and memory stick does not get returned after

• Advertisement

A copy of everything, including output 3 and stuff, on the memory stick? Thanks very much, by the way, I was just worrying over scanning pictures for output 7

Yes. Your printed portfolio contains outputs 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9. It must be the original sketches only on outputs 3&8 any other sketches can be scanned if you choose.

Then all physical pages must also be in electronic copy on the memory stick also. Including a scanned version of 3 and 8.

Plus all your solid works files for outputs 4 and 9

Got it. Thanks a million for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

What format do you save them in..d school uses solidworks education version but I use 2016 solidworks. Would d 2016 version be ok.

Am repeating but my dcg classes clash with maths so I'm pretty much doing dcg at home

Well the official answer is it must be done in school on the school computers.

Taken from instructions to candidates
    "completed in school under the supervision of the class teacher."

I'm assuming that your version is the free student version you got from the school. I know on older versions you didn't have access to photo realistic on that. Will cause a problem for you down the road if that is the case.

The student version is a newer version than the school version I would imagine so if that is the case you won't be able to do anything about it. You can only just save at home and submit that as you can't open a future version file in school if the school version is 2015 for example.

They will all be the same file types regardless of whether you save them in school or at home.
    Whether the examiner will have the 2915 or 2016 version may be the place you may run into an issue but you won't know that until after really.

Has your teacher agreed to sign off on you doing it at home? Obviously as per the rules they shouldn't. But if you haven't asked that yet you need to get on it straight away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Thanks..my version isn't the student version but the full 2016 version. Will have to get on it. Not back till d 9th . So if I have to do it in d school I'll be under pressure

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement