Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stupid sh!t you fuss over

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Sudance wrote: »
    I Count the clothes pegs to ensure there's always an even number

I Wont let strangers like builders/tradesmen use my bathroom. I lie and tell em a pack of lies, but tell them they are welcome to nip down the field....and point to the furtherst corner away.....so far away they cant work out where it is :)

I just said a little prayer that someday you will refuse a tradesman the much needed use of the toilet , I then prayed that he will sh1t into a bag and hide it behind a stud wall or piss into your water tank in the attic .

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Sudance

whupdedo wrote: »
    I just said a little prayer that someday you will refuse a tradesman the much needed use of the toilet , I then prayed that he will sh1t into a bag and hide it behind a stud wall or piss into your water tank in the attic .

Since there's nobody listening to prayers I doubt I've anything to worry about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

In fact, I am definitely overly fussy when it comes to time-keeping. If I was told we were leaving at 2PM, and we left a minute late, I would be fretting that we are running late, and everything is going to be knocked off kilter.

This is incredibly stressful and so many people just don't understand. I'd also rather not go somewhere than be late, even if time isn't important. I also frequently check to make sure we're still running on time through out the journey.
    Mesrine65 wrote: »
    I section off my dinner plate, vegetables in one section, potatoes in another & meat/fish in another...

I also eat my dinner in this order leaving the best part, meat/fish etc., until last.

Same, but I eat my potatoes last because they're harder to eat and I don't like leaving meat behind if I'm full. It's veg, meat, spuds. Except mince, mince gets mashed into spuds but that's the only time it's acceptable.

I also organise coloured sweets before eating them.
    Also, when I accept something to be the way it is, it has to stay that way. It stresses me out if plans suddenly change, especially small things. If, for example, it was arranged that we were going in a certain car but it changed last minute to another car, it would automatically stress me enough to ruin the rest of the day. Or if I slept on one side of a bed, I'd have to stay on that side of the bed. I'd get quite panicked if I had to sleep on the other side. If I'm given time to adapt and to accept a changed situation, I'm usually fine though. That adaptation period can vary though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Since there's nobody listening to prayers I doubt I've anything to worry about :)

Good point , let's just say I crossed my toes and fingers and hope it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

If I had to make an occasion of getting fuel into my body on a daily basis

I'm more alluding to when someone prepares a meal for you or you've prepared one for someone else rather than throwing findus crispy pancakes at the wall and licking them off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

I'm quite conservative and fussy when it comes to table manners. No elbows on the dinner table, no slouching, no mouth open chewing, TV should be off, no phones/tablets/devices to hand; must-be-late divas should be given a kick up the hole.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/frasier/images/9/92/1x03.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20110428235602

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

:pac:

I've never watched that show but I presume your man is uptight about such things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

People talking in the cinema....

I'll politely tell them to button it....this mortifies my Mrs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

I've never watched that show but I presume your man is uptight about such things?
    Yep. :)

I agree with you though on a number of those things - the lateness and elbows and talking while mouth full especially.
    I don't mind the TV being on though, and checking a device now and then if necessary is grand, but not to be on the damn thing non stop. Hates that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Best before dates on food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Time. People not being on time. I know people can get delayed for a few minutes, **** happens, but its people who couldn't really give a toss how late they are. They drive me nuts. Especially the ones who walk in and when its pointed out they are late will say "Oh, is that the time ?" Like they couldn't be arsed to look at a clock all morning to make sure they were not late. Then they look at you like you've got some kind on time OCD. :mad: Anyway, 21:59, gotta put the cat out.

whupdedo wrote: »
    Good point , let's just say I crossed my toes and fingers and hope it happens

Hope. The last bastion of the futile :)

And be careful what you hope for. If your wish were to come true then I stand to benefit enormously from it. Whereas you would only end with worse than mere hope. Regret. Regret that you werent more careful about what you wished for :):)

I'm more alluding to when someone prepares a meal for you or you've prepared one for someone else rather than throwing findus crispy pancakes at the wall and licking them off.

So that's how they're cooked!! No wonder I thought they were crap.

Dinner venue is moving tomorrow, once I find a way to set the wall.

boobar wrote: »
    People talking in the cinema....

I'll politely tell them to button it....this mortifies my Mrs....

I leave out the politely. It has a more immediate effect......mortifies the offenders :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I leave out the politely. It has a more immediate effect......mortifies the offenders :)

Sometimes embarrassing the offenders is the only way to stop reoffending!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    I section off my dinner plate, vegetables in one section, potatoes in another & meat/fish in another...

I also eat my dinner in this order leaving the best part, meat/fish etc., until last.

I do the opposite to this. I mix everything up. Each fork has to have at least 2 things on it, the more the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Have to have everything in order in the wardrobe...suits, work shirts, work trousers, work jackets, fleece jackets, light jackets, hoodies, jumpers, long sleeve light tops, long sleeve casual shirts, short sleeve casual shirts, t-shirts, tracky bottoms, outdoor pants, jeans, spare hangers.

Everything facing forward and hangers all the same way. If my girlfriend wants to fcuk with me she'll put something back to front with the hanger the wrong way......AHHH OCD.

Everything has a place....shes thinks Im a bit mad however watch me find **** in a rush...military precision and never forget anything...packed and ready to go while everyone else is pulling their hair out trying to find stuff...mwhahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I join in. Shuts them up straight away.

kylith wrote: »
    I join in. Shuts them up straight away.

Oh c'mere till I give ya big hug lol

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Closing press doors. I close press doors in the canteen in work, friends houses, my house, everywhere. I was even driven mad in B&Q one day when I was looking for one of those little jokes that hold a shelf up. I had to go into the kitchen section and walk around closing all the display kitchens doors.

Also, the emersion. It must be checked every night that it's off.

I blame my mother for these things.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

If my girlfriend serves me food that goes with tea (sandwich, fryup, beans on toast) and doesn't bring the tea at the same time, I explode*. Especially if the food is hot food and I have to wait for the tea and so the food starts going cold.

And before you suggest that I could just start eating the food I reply "NO NO NO"

You can't start eating "tea" food without tea. The first bite HAS to be taken with the first swig of tea. I can tolerate her saying "tea's on it's way" as she serves the grub and the tea is on the counter and she obviously brought the food and the utensils so her hands were full....that I can handle. But if she serves the food and says "tea's on it's way" and then I hear her clicking on the kettle....there's FUCKING WAR!!!

(*) I don't really explode, I just whine like a bitch and she says "ah shut the fuck up, it's coming!"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

If my girlfriend serves me food that goes with tea (sandwich, fryup, beans on toast) and doesn't bring the tea at the same time, I explode*. Especially if the food is hot food and I have to wait for the tea and so the food starts going cold.

And before you suggest that I could just start eating the food I reply "NO NO NO"

You can't start eating "tea" food without tea. The first bite HAS to be taken with the first swig of tea. I can tolerate her saying "tea's on it's way" as she serves the grub and the tea is on the counter and she obviously brought the food and the utensils so her hands were full....that I can handle. But if she serves the food and says "tea's on it's way" and then I hear her clicking on the kettle....there's FUCKING WAR!!!

(*) I don't really explode, I just whine like a bitch and she says "ah shut the fuck up, it's coming!"

Get in there and give her a fcking hand then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Just about every sentence in that makes me dislike you immensely.

Me, I cant stand any hair in my nose being visible. Its a constant and painful battle to remove each and every one.

Damn right too. Tell her that.... in the event of not being able to deliver both together (an ambomination in it's own right), the ettiquette is:

Tea first, to allow it to brew. Then serve accompaniment.

Actually, to avoid the disgraceful situation of not being able to serve both simulataneously, I would highly reccomend you consider acquiring a 2nd server. I believe the windsors are letting some go,maybe give a call.

Alternatively, I suggest you get up off yer ****ing lardy ass and get it yourself, you lazy milk fed gimp excuse for a mouth breathing arsehole :):)

kylith wrote: »
    Get in there and give her a fcking hand then.

Oh she'll get a hand alright....the damn back of it!

And piss on all of you mopers. I cook for (and serve) my gf generally 5 times a week. The fry/beans on toast thing is usually my Saturday morning hangover scran.

Just about every sentence in that makes me dislike you immensely.

Me, I cant stand any hair in my nose being visible. Its a constant and painful battle to remove each and every one.

Ah dry up y'oul woman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

And piss on all of you mopers. I cook for (and serve) my gf generally 5 times a week. The fry/beans on toast thing is usually my Saturday morning hangover scran.

This has to be a TROLL. Please god! :D

Galway K9 wrote: »
    This has to be a TROLL. Please god! :D

ditto that!!

The lazy mare, defo a good baytin needed there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

On saturday on sunday when I'm buting a paper, I always take a paper from 3 or 4 down. Just in case some fuc*er has swiped the TV guide or suppliments from the top.

Advertisement