Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stupid sh!t you fuss over

Options
  • 09-09-2015 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭

when im in the jacks, I use a piece of tissue to cover my hand when opening the doors and if there's none handy, then i'll very weakly grip the handle and quickly pull it. this mostly applies to toilets as they are for the most part filthy ****holes with more germs than you even know. im more relaxed in other places but will apply the tissue when I can.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

You better squeeze the tea bag before you take it out of the cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Do you wear tissue boxes on your feet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

Robsweezie wrote: »
    I use a piece of tissue to cover my hand when

I was thinking of something way different there...

I will not leave the house without making the bed and leaving the place tidy. It doesn't happen. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Cleaning, particularly if someone comes in through the house with shoes on. It's only recently I've got hung up on it but I'm paranoid about what's on people's shoes, what I walk in, what I carry around my house and into my bed.

Toilet roll. I never use the first bit I rip off. I've no idea why, it's something I've always done, even as a child. Have to bin the first bit and the rest is good to go.

My eyebrows. They're the Bain of my life. I tint, I thread, I examine, I brush them into place, I use different colour gels and powders to feather in anything that's not perfect. I swear the Sistine chapel would be less effort to paint in the mornings.

Body hair. I CANNOT DEAL. I hate it. I get so stressed out. I have myself waxed and threading, pretty much from head to toe. And everything is perfect for the first few weeks, but then it starts to grow back and that week I'm waiting for it to go enough to wax it again, god it stresses me out. I feel like a polar bear. Then if I wax too soon, all the hair hasn't come up so I'm not as smooth for as long. It's a very stressful situation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

You sound like a catch...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

Now that I think about it, I usually fuss about my toenails being even slightly long. And if my hair is over 1 CM long I want it cut right there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

When I make a sandwich I always keep the 'round' half for last and when I eat crisps I always open the bag upside down cause I think that way they ll be more flavoursome. Don't know why. Just do!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Starting sentences with an uppercase letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Tidyness at home. Everything has a place and it drives me demented when sh1t is left around. This is a problem as I have a 4 year old kid!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dughorm

Threads in after hours on boards. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭flended12

Don't overly fuss but I eat, always eat a big mac from the top down, each individual layer at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Making sure that the volume on anything is on an even number.

Feeding our pets in specific order. The kitten, the cat and then the dog.

Using different colour pens for headings and notes. I hate anything written in just one colour because I can't see where the topic changes.

Stupid things really but if I don't do any of it like this it annoys me! It's like an itch I can't scratch, it gnaws away at me until I fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

When a street is pretty much deserted, I'd don't like people walking too close behind me, it freaks me out. I will actually pretend to take a call just so they will fcuk off from about me. What's really odd is when you're walking somewhere and can feel someone walking almost on your heels even though you're walking quite fast yourself, and then as soon as they get past you they suddenly start walking at the same pace as you,. Well why the fcuk did you want to get by me then you big dope?? I nick name them NCPs (needlessly competitive pedestrians).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭mattP

At night I won't go into a room if the light is on and the curtains are open :c I turn off the light, stealthily go close the curtains and turn the light back on :F

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

My car and cleaning it...get it valeted nearly weekly...(I drive like 17 mins to/from work max)
    And even the tax/insurance discs espially I can't stand having more than one of each in the display!

I often get in cars they'd be well clean etc perfect out and look at the window then it's like a stuffed wallet stuck to it....stresses me out way more than it should like...I'd be thinking on for ages after

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

I hate anyone walking behind me on a narrow footpath or tight space. if its a family with kids and a buggy that's fine, or a girl walking alone or with a male companion that's alright too, an elderly person whatever, but I have this thing about ''funny'' looking men walking behind me, either on their own or in groups. if I think they look shady I'll stop to check my phone with one eye on them as they go by. sometimes people just look dodgy even when they're completely innocent.

I would also feel uncomfortable in the feeling that im in someones way, not walking fast enough, so id stop to let people by.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Aoibhinn_C

When a street is pretty much deserted, I'd don't like people walking too close behind me, it freaks me out. I will actually pretend to take a call just so they will fcuk off from about me. What's really odd is when you're walking somewhere and can feel someone walking almost on your heels even though you're walking quite fast yourself, and then as soon as they get past you they suddenly start walking at the same pace as you,. Well why the fcuk did you want to get by me then you big dope?? I nick name them NCPs (needlessly competitive pedestrians).

I admit I do this but its not because I'm needlessly competitive or anything like that. I got mugged by a junkie years ago. It was pretty scary so now if I see someone walking behind me in the street that looks a bit dodgy looking, I'll walk a bit faster to catch up to the nearest decent looking person in front of me and walk along side them until the dodgy person is gone. It makes me feel safer so you should think of it as a compliment to you when people do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Sudance

I Count the clothes pegs to ensure there's always an even number

I Wont let strangers like builders/tradesmen use my bathroom. I lie and tell em a pack of lies, but tell them they are welcome to nip down the field....and point to the furtherst corner away.....so far away they cant work out where it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

No shoes in the house.

And leaving lights on when nobody is in the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,381 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

closing doors especially when going to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Green Mile

If I bang my left elbow on something, I have to bang my right elbow to even it out. Same If I walk and my foot doesn’t lift fully and my shoe scraps partially along the ground, I have to even that out by dragging my other foot on the ground. If I drag the second too much I have to then even that back out again with the first foot.
    I just realised I’m odd

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Cleaning, particularly if someone comes in through the house with shoes on. It's only recently I've got hung up on it but I'm paranoid about what's on people's shoes, what I walk in, what I carry around my house and into my bed.

Toilet roll. I never use the first bit I rip off. I've no idea why, it's something I've always done, even as a child. Have to bin the first bit and the rest is good to go.

My eyebrows. They're the Bain of my life. I tint, I thread, I examine, I brush them into place, I use different colour gels and powders to feather in anything that's not perfect. I swear the Sistine chapel would be less effort to paint in the mornings.

Body hair. I CANNOT DEAL. I hate it. I get so stressed out. I have myself waxed and threading, pretty much from head to toe. And everything is perfect for the first few weeks, but then it starts to grow back and that week I'm waiting for it to go enough to wax it again, god it stresses me out. I feel like a polar bear. Then if I wax too soon, all the hair hasn't come up so I'm not as smooth for as long. It's a very stressful situation.

Good jaysus :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Did I misread the thread title? Stupid sh!t you fuss over??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Do you wear tissue boxes on your feet?

"I got six numbers, 3 more and I would have had a full number"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Sudance wrote: »
    I Count the clothes pegs to ensure there's always an even number

I Wont let strangers like builders/tradesmen use my bathroom. I lie and tell em a pack of lies, but tell them they are welcome to nip down the field....and point to the furtherst corner away.....so far away they cant work out where it is :)

I love people like you. I work in construction and the odd time we will work on a "live" house ie. someone still living there.

We clean up after ourselves, take our lunch in the van and get a tea or coffee in the local shop. We try to respect the fact that it's your home and you need as minimum as disruption as possible. God forbid we might need a wee...2nd class citizens being sent down a field.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

What's really odd is when you're walking somewhere and can feel someone walking almost on your heels even though you're walking quite fast yourself, and then as soon as they get past you they suddenly start walking at the same pace as you,. Well why the fcuk did you want to get by me then you big dope?? I nick name them NCPs (needlessly competitive pedestrians).

I've often thought about this but as it applies to cycling (because what else do you have to think about while cycling?)

Sometimes you'll gradually catch up with someone on a long cycle and find that the pace you're cruising at is just slightly faster than theirs. So you're behind them, but if you overtake them it would be the most excruciatingly slow overtake in history. The only option is to make a quick burst of speed to pass them and then return to your regular pace. I wonder is this what's happening?

Though that doesn't explain those absolute Anuses of Satan who will come up behind you when you're stopped at lights and plonk themselves in front of you, only to take off at a painfully slow speed and crawl up the road. So you wait and wait for a gap in traffic to pass them, then they do the same thing at the next set of lights.

It takes all my mental strength not to just reach out and push them off their bikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

The volume on anything must be a multiple of 5

Stir the tea enough to make sure the sugar has dissolved

Squeeze the tea bag before you take it out

Close the cupboard/wardrobe/room door before leaving the room/going to bed

Hold the burger upside while eating because the juices flown down and make the bottom soggy otherwise

If I listen to a song and it ends while I'm still enjoying it I'll start it over and listen again straight away. On occasion this has repeated up to 5 times

If eating a roast dinner, every bite must have some meat, potatoes, veg, gravy in each mouthful. Each component of the meal must be rationed carefully to ensure that the last mouthful still has equal proportions

When leaving the house, after closing the front door I give it a push in to make sure its closed

Advertisement