Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Players outside the Provinces 15/16

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Another game with Hanrahan kicking his heels for the full 80.

Bloody waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

What did you expect? He was never going to just walk onto the team particularly given what a servant Myler has been to Northampton.

It is a two year deal and things can always change for the better for him next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

What did you expect? He was never going to just walk onto the team particularly given what a servant Myler has been to Northampton.

It is a two year deal and things can always change for the better for him next season.

I didn't expect him to walk into the team. I rate Myler a lot more highly than most. Although I felt Myler would be ahead, I expected a good amount of sharing of the jersey though with a number of starts in the centre possibly and moving to 10 later in the game.

I didn't expect Hanrahan to have spent a number of games on the bench without even setting foot on the field; I don't think many expected him to be in that position.

Nor did I expect for his influence and involvement to actually start diminishing as his time there went on. Unless there's a significant change to things next season (and Myler is only 31), JJH should look at relocating once more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Is it two or three? Don't think it was announced but hopefully it's the former.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Rugbyrama are reporting that James Hart is on his way to Racing.

Sounds like a great move but I'd fear that he's going as squad filler, and that another big name will be brought in to compete with Machenaud once Phillips departs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Rugbyrama are reporting that James Hart is on his way to Racing.

Sounds like a great move but I'd fear that he's going as squad filler, and that another big name will be brought in to compete with Machenaud once Phillips departs.
    That rumour has been around for a while. He's become a bit of a squad filler at Grenoble where he's only had 9 appearances this season whilst the other two have been well into double digits.

On balance it has to be a good move for him. Racing are a bigger name than Grenoble and with Machenaud seeming to have captured a slot on the French team and Philips coming to the end of his career, they need another 9 at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

As a scrum-half, I imagine the chance to play with Dan Carter would be difficult to turn down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭brokenhooker

As a scrum-half, I imagine the chance to play with Dan Carter would be difficult to turn down!

i'm sure a chance to play was appealing cause as 3rd choice at grenoble he wasn't getting much gametime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Perhaps Charlie Mulchrone might be worth a look, he signing for Quins next season and he's IQ, a 26yo scrum half might be worth having a look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

As a scrum-half, I imagine the chance to play with Dan Carter be coached by ROG would be difficult to turn down!
    :D FYP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Peter Stringer to equal O'Gara's record of European appearances:

http://www.epcrugby.com/news/32769.php#.VwZQAvkrJMw

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

1998!

Great to see two Irish players named in the 2015/2016 Championship Dream XV in England.

http://www.englandrugby.com/news/championship-dream-2015/

And the evergreen Peter Stringer is Player of the Season at Sale Sharks - what an achievement at 38!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭phog

Mark Flanagan moving to England, possibly Saracens.

Strange Leinster didn' try get him when signing Nagle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

phog wrote: »
    Mark Flanagan moving to England, possibly Saracens.

Strange Leinster didn' try get him when signing Nagle.

He's moving to England from ............... England? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭phog

He's moving to England from ............... England? :D

I thought he moved to France from Leinster.

Edit
    Wiki says he's in France
    Mark Flanagan (born 2 August 1989) is a professional rugby player. Educated at St. Finians College, Mullingar, he plays in the second-row for French team Stade Montois, Mont de Marsan,

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Denis Fogarty, former Munster hooker has retired after an injury-ravaged season in Provence.

Championship finals contested between Doncaster and Bristol.

Doncaster should feature Irish half backs in Michael "the Ulster lad who wasn't the midget" Heaney and Declan "oh yeah I remember that guy" Cusack.

Bristol have had Callum "time for another new thread" Sheedy starting at 10 and Jack "just another Leinster loosehead" O'Connell starting at loosehead.

• Advertisement

Pau have just signed Ben Mowen, Pierrick Gunther and Ibrahim Diarra. That's a lot of competition for Butler, Coughlan and Dougall.

Pau have just signed Ben Mowen, Pierrick Gunther and Ibrahim Diarra. That's a lot of competition for Butler, Coughlan and Dougall.

Did those three get much playing time at Pau this year?

Did those three get much playing time at Pau this year?

I'm not sure about Dougall but Coughlan and Butler were starters.

Alan Cotter is not being retained by Provence.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭English Lurker

Tom Farrell's moving from London Irish to Bedford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I didn't even know Tom Farrell had left Leinster :confused:

Hagz wrote: »
    I didn't even know Tom Farrell had left Leinster :confused:

I think he came across on a temporary deal this year. Maybe even a loan agreement.

Trevor Brennan's son Daniel has signed with the Toulouse academy. IIRC he's been playing underage rugby with them for a few seasons. He's 6 foot 3 and almost 20 stone and he's still just 17! :eek:

Edit: According to the article he's played U16,17 and 18 for France.

Trevor Brennan's son Daniel has signed with the Toulouse academy. IIRC he's been playing underage rugby with them for a few seasons. He's 6 foot 3 and almost 20 stone and he's still just 17! :eek:
    There was a photo of him bench pressing Trevor a few years back. A monster.

• Advertisement
Advertisement