Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

And Sarah Millican's was by far the worst, Greg couldn't bring himself to mock it!

Hard to see past Dara winning the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,707 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'm a massive fan of Greg being a bastard, but if you didn't want Sarah to get 5 points for the singing task you are dead inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I really enjoyed Ferns song just dissing everyone, love how chaotic she is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭appledrop

I couldn't understand a word she said so it went right over my head!

I can't believe she is 36 she acts much younger, does she have ADHD?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RickBlaine

I get the feeling they are struggling to come up with good ideas for the live task so they really should start reusing some of the best ones from previous seasons. They would still be different due to the different cast

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭appledrop

I know what your saying but last nights task was great, they just fecked it up with the editing. I'm still raging about it🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 28,895 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Watching this back properly tonight - Fern was absolutely shafted in the singing task!

She should have got double points just for "the heighthth of vichthory"! (can't do a Scottish accent in typing, unfortunately)

And John's was next best, by a country mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,320 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I didn't mind the editing. If there was anything funny that was said, they would have shown it. Or at the very least we'll see it as an outtake on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RickBlaine

I was watching a video about some old Hitchcock movies and one of the actresses that starred in his 1936 movie Sabotage is the spitting image of Fern.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvia_Sidney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Very good episode again tonight. Alex and Greg were brilliant.

Pity the live task didn't have a tiebreak. Bit pointless them all getting 5 points each

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I have to agree it was a great episode and Greg's intro was hands down wonderful (Yes Greg, I can't get it out of my mind)...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

For anyone enjoying Fern Brady in this series, she's playing the Liberty Hall Theatre in February (also Cork, but that's sold out). Tickets a very reasonable EUR 20.

There's a second night added for Cork. Got two for myself.

Hopefully John Kearns finds his way over

Another terrific live task this week. John Kearns in the pleasure task was hilarious too.

Really strong series so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,389 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Very enjoyable episode last night. The lack of comments in this thread has me wondering is it a reflection on a perceived quality drop of taskmaster since the channel 4 jump or (more likely) the slow death spiral that is boards these days...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

More so the latter I'd imagine. I thought it was one of the weaker ones this season actually but weak Taskmaster is still good telly.

The task they nicked from NZ didn't go very well this time sadly (holding the milk over the microwaves after opening the task too early).

Another great episode imo. 3 great tasks, Dara's "Wait, what?", Fern talking about the travellator, and John carefully trying to pick up the task in the paint task but the wind blows it just as he's about to pick it up had me wheezing with laughter.

Really strong series. They have a great mix of contestants, the tasks are well thought out without being unnecessarily complex, and the studio sections are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,212 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I thought Dara deserved the style points on the moving walkway task!

Tasks were fun.

The milk one...Dara...lol. in fairness it looked complex as in the room setup.

The paint and dots one was solid.

In studio was good too...Dara clear winner!

I do think the taskmaster has a soft spot for Sarah Millican.

Fun episode.

Great episode again tonight. They've made the tasks a lot less complex and the prize tasks are way better too.

Although the scoring on the live task seemed a bit harsh on John. He gets 1 and the others get 5, it's a bit generous for the other 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,183 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I think this is my favourite series of it. Certainly the best in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cal_chi

Dara, Ferne and John in the feather task - no words 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah Dara's reaction in the studio when discussing the feather task was hilarious. Barely said a word, just nothing he could do but laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,707 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I genuinely thought Dara was going to be revealed as sabotaging the feather task in the end.

Very good episode again although that trick hoover felt a bit unnecessary, took a bit of shine off theive task

• Registered Users Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Agreed, it just felt like a trick for cheap laughs that wasnt funny. And it can be a bit anticlimactic when the only two people who can win the episode are on the same team. Great episode otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,183 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Think the joke landed tbh, mainly for the face on Fern when he stopped

Yeah the hoover trick was a bit iffy alright. Bit of a laugh, but more just felt awkward.

Other than that though, another fantastic episode. Feels like more team tasks this series too, which works great due to Dara, Fern and John just being a disaster.

Incredibly tight between Dara and Sarah too. Thought Dara was running away with it a few episodes ago, but if anything the team tasks have made it pretty square between them. Sarah pulled a genius move with the hand photo too in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Agree on the team tasks, and they seem to have nailed the teams as well which really makes them more entertaining. Had they had Dara and Sarah on the same team (as would follow the weird tradition of the older contestants together), it wouldn't be half as good. Watching the Munya v Sarah contrast and Dara v John/Fern contrast is enjoyable regardless of the task.

• Advertisement

I think Alex has said before that the teams are always arranged more on availability that anything else, though yes a lot of the time it's ended up being the oldest 2 v youngest 3.

Advertisement