Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Can't say I found it awkward, I honestly doubt Judi really cares and she was just acting up for comedic value.

Episode was good enough, season itself is enjoyable enough but nowhere near as good as the likes of 4,5 or 7. Wouldn't see myself rewatching it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Enjoyed the episode. Last week was poor enough. It’s definitely the best series since pre-covid but they all kinda blur into one for me anyway. I remember bits rather than episodes or series

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭appledrop

It was better than last week, but unfortunately for me this series peaked about half way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Wasn't a bad episode, you'd have to wonder what goes through Bridgets head sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Have just watched the series back and would probably disagree. Not that she was bad or anything but she got loads of handy 5 pointers from Greg when (IMO) she shouldn't. One i remember was when she basically drew a picture with spray cream on a wall that was essentially just a rectangle and got 5 points. The cream didn't even stay on the wall! Asim or Alice actually drew a decent picture and only got 1 or 2 points.

Not a bad season on reflection, Asim, Tim and Russell all had their moments but obviously not as good as the first 5 or 7 which i'm on to next!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

Sophie trying to help Judie doesn't actually help Judie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just finished finale. Decent series, although I'm not sure it'll live long in the memory.

One thing I noticed, Ardal called it a birth cert in the prize task and Greg had never heard that term before. Brits be weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,313 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

yeah the birth cert thing is odd, I’d never say the whole word.

just on Ardal I really enjoyed him all series, he looked like he was having a lovely old time and was excellent in the studio at pointing out things others had done or mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,389 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I thought it was a great series overall. Probably top half anyway. Great mix of contestants, they all tried to approach the tasks in fairly unique and inventive ways, and there was decent banter in the studio sections. I loved Bridget and Ardal especially.

Alex needs to reign it in a bit with the tasks though. So many of them the last few years would have been far better with one or two fewer caveats/rules. Even the duck task in this episode, it was hard enough without the horn/bell backwards/forwards stuff.

Probably the best episode of the series but I won't be in a, rush to watch it again.

It kinda annoyed me a bit how Greg suddenly gave Sophie 4 points for the live task when hers was as bad as Ardal. I know the scoring is pointless but he was very erratic this season with his scoring

Post edited by siblers on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭appledrop

Really enjoyed that last episode.

Judy was my standout favourite this year followed by Chris then Ardal.

Sophie grew on me and Bridget is just absolutely batty😂.

I will definitely watch that shoe episode again in few months to give it time to stew 'No Way'.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

• Subscribers Posts: 41,286 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Put an aubergine in my mouth...

I lolled heartily

Really enjoyed the season. Ardal grew into it in a big way. His reaction last night after having a go at Bridget then being the next one just instantly his face dropped and he said "****!". 😂 Judi I didn't enjoy at all at the start but she grew on me, very much the funniest auntie you have kinda vibe. I'd say they were all sick when it turned out her voice actually was fairly decent.😅 Bridget was a bit hit and miss but provided some great moments. I kinda got the impression early that she wasn't the best at taking a joke but they destroyed her last night with the dancing. 🤣 Chris is what he is, I don't find him particularly hilarious but he'd never put me off watching something and he had more funnier moments than expected, few of his put-downs were great and nice to have one person in the series be a little enthusiastic with the tasks. Sophie I wouldn't be too fussed on but she had her moments and her interactions with Alex were brilliant throughout. 😂

I do think though a bit more simplicity in some tasks would do no harm. Even a calendar year with just one season to refresh and recalibrate mightn't be the worst shout either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

In Dunphy style, a good season but not a great season. Still great telly though and looking forward to Champion of Champions 2 (and maybe even the Season 14 reveal).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Taskmaster NZ Season 3 is back on the 6th of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Is season 2 up on YouTube?

EDIT: Found it and not taken off yet 🙂

https://youtu.be/NyTEKy8cs5s

Champion of Champions was okay. Nice to see the contestants back (Liza excepted, can't hack her) but the tasks weren't super duper or anything like that. I did enjoy getting the duck into the pond though.

Contestants for season 14 announced:

• Advertisement

Dara O'Briain in the next series is going to be incredible. Cast looks amazing.

No idea who Fern Brady is but the other 4 should be good. Very happy to see Dara doing it. He would have been on my wishlist of contestants

• Subscribers Posts: 41,286 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

She's the Scottish comedian who does the podcast with Alison spiddal. She's very cute imo

Fern Brady is a very good comedian. Very very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,316 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Very drool, very Scottish...she is funny!

I am not big into Sarah Millican....I am not sure how she built a career telling jokes about loving cakes...but she is pretty quick witted and spikey on panel shows.

Dara OBriain love him will be great.

Munya Chawawa I have seen him pop up in a couple of things I genuinely had no idea he was a comedian...same with Sophie Duker and tbh she didn't change my mind in the last series...

Absolutely no clue who John Kearns is.

Still no sign of John Robins....he has hinted he wants to do it enough!

One person who I always think is an obvious person for them to get is David O Doherty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Only seen Fern on a couple of things, but she was good. I like John Kearns too. Great cast all round to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,342 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Fern Brady has been on Frankie Boyles New World Order show a few times (with Sophie Duker as it happens). She was quite sharp.

John Kearns - only seen him on Cats Does Countdown in dictionary corner where I hated him, but hopefully he won't be inhabiting the same character he used on that.

Just caught up with the recent episodes. Was glad to see Sophie win outright, I thought she had a rare enthusiasm for the tasks - would throw herself into anything. Eating 100g of butter in the build it/eat it two-phase task, I doubt any of the other 65 contestants would have done that. There were a few similar instances. Judi never grew on me the way she did for others, Ardal was magnificently random and had great banter in the studio, Bridget was weird but fun at times, and Chris was fine.

CoC was fun, though I thought the studio task was fairly weak. I've never liked the 'Greg guesses 50/50' tasks. Ed Gamble and the duck was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,837 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The next series has a strong line-up though never liked Millican, and don't know much about Chawawa.

O'Briain is obviously inspired.

Brady is very witty and droll in what I've seen her on.

Kearns is a superstar. Try watching him on Guessable or his episodes on RHLTSP. He's very sharp and likeable!

O'Briain and Millican are the 2 I'm looking forward to. I'm not a huge fan of Millican but she's quick and bitey enough to be great on this I reckon. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,389 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Only heard of Chawawa on an episode of Off Menu podcast he did, but he was brilliant there. Could end up being very chaotic.

Kearns always irritated me on Cats does Countdown, but even then there was always some very funny stuff in his performances. Will have to reserve judgement.

Agree about Millican though. Have never found her particularly funny.

Dara O'Briain and Fern Brady are definitely ones to look forward to though.

Advertisement