Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Phil Wang by a country mile. It's the only outfit that's ever mentioned on Taskmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Watched the first episode of the current series last night. Not bad although I thought the team task was possibly the dullest I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,358 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I thought her talking about her dream and her reaction to the question about the nose doctor was pretty funny, but to each their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

my question was how long into the video did it get funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,336 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

They are consistently funny from the first second onwards. Or. They never raise as much as a mild grin.

Take your pick, both valid answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That live task was fantastic..

... as is John - could be one of the best shittest contestant in years.

The live task ended up being surprisingly great.

The episode was really stacked in Dara's favour though. Even to the amount of bonus points. He's surely taken a strong lead now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,477 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Very fun episode, especially the live task. Is Dara the first the win every task I wonder?

John is particularly poor, from the Nish Kumar or Paul Chowdry level of terribleness (different style of terrible though).

I think so, I don't recall anyone else doing it before.

John Kearns is brilliant. Didn't think he'd be that funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Really enjoyable episode. Really enjoying Fern’s odd sense of humour. Laughed a fair bit tonight

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yep. Saw a tweet from the guy who keeps all the contestant stats, and he said Dara is the first UK series contestant to score maximum points in an episode.

The live task didn't sound too promising when it was being read out, but it turned out to be brilliant, mainly due to John and Fern's complete ineptitude at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,507 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Yeah, I was just going to say that. Greg had his part to play in getting the answers too.

"Which aircraft...?" (nice start...until it potentially goes wrong.)

Here are stats from a Twitter user:

That Twitter user (Jack Bernhardt - https://twitter.com/jackbern23) has been on a few episodes of the Taskmaster podcast with Ed Gamble. Gives a lot of really interesting stats and figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,292 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That was a really fun episode.

Dara was terrific again this week. His intelligence is shining through. Maximum points wow.

Task one was simple but good fun.

The grape one was terrific, poor John is pretty useless ha. Again it shows it is always worth having a wee look around before starting. Gotta bend the rules Dara knows that.

Treadmill task duck and sock. If John realised you could hold the bucket it might have helped! Munya that was clever with moving the bathtub (Zimbabwe mention)...but the fall ahhh lol. Dara again terrific looking for the workaround!

In studio task was solid, Fern, John and Dara very fun. But Greg's face really sold it :)

Greg had some brilliant stuff in that episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

John Kearns is on House Of Games this week, so should be an interesting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

There’s a very childish part of me enjoys when Greg makes it clear very early that someone is coming last in the prize task.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,292 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Genius twist! They were really hyping this episode up on Twitter this evening. This could be really special!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,530 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The proper tasks in this episode were fantastic but the studio tasks were abysmal.

• Advertisement

Good twist to be fair but can't say it was worth all the hype.

Studio task was terrible. Munya, Dara and Fern got 3 points for doing **** all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Didn’t see any hype and genuinely loved the episode. Taste the ice cream is a classic taskmaster task

Studio task didn’t go as planned but was over quick so no big deal

• Registered Users Posts: 10,477 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The hype versus the payoff wasn't there from twitter. But still, very good episode. Really enjoying the cast. And zero to hero for John, so nobody is doing shocking all the way through.

Studio task was a dud though...

Yeah ended up being a bit disappointed by the sabotage. It was still great, but wasn't the sort of all-time classic moment they were hyping it up to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Plus Taskmaster NZ did it first anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭appledrop

I enjoyed tonight's episode, John's rap won for me but the studio task done my head in.

It was a great task but only showed 1st round properly, then edited others. What a load of crap. Whole point of studio task is watching it all and banter between contestants during it.

This is easily the best of the Channel 4 seasons. Feel more like old Taskmaster

John was robbed on the singing task, easily the best of the 5. Greg didn't have much choice but to give Sarah 5, even if hers was the worst

Live task started off well but then they killed it with the way they edited it, live tasks are becoming a bit shambolic at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

they continue to refer to the part of the stage that sticks out as "the Knappet" lol

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Loved the singing task, but Fern was robbed, she was by far the best.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,254 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Advertisement