Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

God almighty that silent disco task is crap, no its not funny watching someone dance when we can't hear the music, I'm not likely the line up either at moment very male dominated.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No more than usual.

Tends to be a 50/50 split between male and female in lineup in recent series.. but difficult due to 5 contestants.

Last series had same: 3xM, 2xF

And previous had 2xM, 3xF.

Yeah but this year its 1 female and a non binary person and 3 males so not well balanced in my opinion.

??

It's made up of 5 individuals - not sure what you want here..

2 males, 2 females and 1 non binary person, simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

What an irrelevant observation. Who cares? It's been three females and two males plenty of times and it's been great, and vice-versa. Great contestants equals a great series.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Not the greatest episode, The twine and dancing tasks weren't great. They were kinda **** to be honest.

I like Mae but not sure she's suited to Taskmaster, Ivo was my favourite, Frankie slightly more reserved than I had hoped for. Jenny and Kiel were more entertaining than I had expected them to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Mae has the air of a Charlotte Richie type of approach to things albeit a lot better at the tasks (so far).

• Registered Users Posts: 31,850 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Decent enough opening episode.

The silent disco task was pointless....did they not want to pay for the music or what...

String task was fine, always like a sneaky message on the card.

Barge driving was fun Mae and Ivo smashed it.

In studio was really good craic mostly due to Ivo and Greg.

Maybe the team need some help with more original tasks.

Ivo was a lot of fun, really like him the few times he has done stand in for Ellis James on the radio. They really ripped into his odd way of speaking, he was er committed and has a mad streak.

Jenny who I am not a fan of normally was surprisingly excellent and a good laugh, drunk mother in law at a wedding energy works.

Frankie didn't get to really shine but he will get there I have no doubt.

I only know Mae from Feel Good, she didn't have me laughing out loud but she is clearly going to be strong contestant, dance was solid and good at the barge one.

Kiell is more of a comedic actor I am guessing? Munya vibes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I thought the dance task was pretty funny and it was definitely funnier without the music but each to their own. The barge task was good too and I like the cast. I'll be shocked if Mae doesn't walk this series though.

God I hope it improves, didn't do it for me at all, went to bed before last 10 mins were finished.

It can take me a while to take to new people so hopefully it improves, I've loved the last few series, hard acts to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Ah stop. Absolutely ridiculous post(s)

Silent Disco up there as one of the worst tasks ever. Barge task was very good though.

Have a good feeling about this series. I think Ivo, Frankie, Kiel & Jenny will all be great in their own way. As others have said, Mae isn't suited to it i think. She will probably win it out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I always like when they start knocking each other’s prize tasks and that started nice and early on this series. Then throwing stuff at each other’s pots at the end was great. As usual I don’t know who a few are beyond having seen them on occasional things, Jenny was definitely not as annoying as I assumed she’d be.

decent enough start, agree with the silent disco being awful but the rest was good.

Frankie Boyle has come alive tonight.

'I've never played golf because I'm not trapped in a loveless marriage'.

Luckily for me, my husband doesn't play golf🤣

Excellent episode tonight. Frankie and Ivo were brilliant, Mae had her moments too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Big improvement on week one. Team tasks could be great this year

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Jenny's trumpet was the highlight of that show for me!

And I thought Ivo's giraffe deserved bonus points, it was so brilliant.

Much better this week Ivo and Frankie definite standouts the father son who don't know each other ha. The rest are also fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That made me wonder - do they only meet up when the group tasks start getting filmed? Or was that just hamming by the pair of them? (I'm a relative newcomer to TM, so this might be old news to everyone else!)

• Advertisement

I think so. I remember other times with team tasks and they were quite formally introducing themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They only find out whose team they're on on the day. Oftentimes though they'll already know each other from before. I'd say chances are Frankie and Ivo met before, but only found out they'd be on that team that day.

Good enough episode although the potato task and live task weren't great. Ivo is really good in it, Frankie hasn't been quite as funny as I had hoped. I thought he'd be a bit more unhinged

Well they had to completely censor his prize task even though it's post-watershed. And had to laugh when he revealed two of the people beating him up were his kids.

Decent episode. Will have to rewatch as I had to take a call during it so missed most of the first task.

Next week's episode is on later, about 10.30 I think it said. F*cking Channel 4 always do this nonsense then wonder why ratings start dropping.... Hopefully just a one week thing.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I think it's just for one week, they have that Scared of the Dark thing they've been plugging so much on next week. They seem to be bombarding the channel with all sorts of new, short-lived stuff at the moment that's mucking about with the schedules. Not sure why they need them all on within the same few weeks.

The amount of disposable reality TV on at the minute is just astounding!

Was fine when it was on E4 and the like.. but seems to be a new one on primetime BBC / ITV / C4 every week.

Anyways - decent episode. Didn't think much of the tasks being honest.. seem a bit uninspired this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Channel 4 inexplicably seem to want to give Danny Dyer work.

enjoyed last nights show, Ivo is this seasons guest I didn’t know but am really enjoying. There is one every season.

Apart from a few appearances on Mock The Week, I mostly know him from his appearance on Off Menu Podcast with Ed Gamble & James Acaster. They invited him back for a second appearance because they didn't like his original dessert choice. Things went badly.

I watched that live, it was a bit nuts. How he is on the podcast is the exact same as Taskmaster

Actually got tickets for the live Off Menu show in Dublin

• Advertisement

Didn't think the live task was very good, loved the timed challenge though and potato challenge.

Don't like Ivo though, too eccentric for me.

Advertisement