Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,862 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Mike to the rescue again!!!!

Prize task...dull...bar Mike's weirdness

The painting task was decent Jamali wrecked the fecking place! Mike deserved a better score.

The vandalism task was a bit meh...but Mike and Lee are such a fun double act.

The food challenge was similar to an old one to do with finding an egg. Really really enjoyable...battered wallet standard! Poor Lee being a vegan...an egg..
    The receipt was a great little twist.

The in studio was solid. Sarah is so competitive she is going to walk this series I would say.
    Jamali is just there to be aggressive! Stomping the crap out of everything.

Poor Mike's solo "task" ha..."oh no I have scared it off".... it was a tiny tiny pop!...a haemorrhoid...madness... highlight of the episode

I actually really like the contestants (Mike especially!), but I think it would really sing with a live audience.
    Still enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

"It's like a casserole down there!!"

Oh God! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

An all time best line, in another very enjoyable show

• Registered Users Posts: 12,366 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Annoyed Sarah wasn't disqualified for the batter task.

Mike is probably my favourite contestant of all time

Basq wrote: »
    "It's like a casserole down there!!"

Oh God! :D

That was rough. :D

Really good episode. Sarah's won me over very gradually through the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, I like her dry sense of humour.

Good episode, and fair play to Mike. :pac:

That was rough. :D

I like her tbh that is very much her thing.
    Her series Frayed is well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I don't think it's hyperbolic to suggest that Mike Wozniak is the greatest contestant the show has ever had!

Never thought James Acaster could be topped, but honestly it's not even close!

Really enjoying this season to btw, even if it's not quite at its peak.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

Jamali is growing slightly on me week-on-week. I think it's cause he's toned down his aggressiveness with Greg in the studio a bit.

At the same time, not sure how he picked up full points for the Prize task and the Paint teak in the latest episode.

Another solid episode this week some excellent tasks....might be my favourite of this series!
    I especially liked the task which went up in flames and the alarm one.
    Mike again an absolute gem
    Highlights include Mike undermining a vole.... "you've got no chutzpah!"
    Charlotte was very fun this week as well, especially in the food Babushka task

• Advertisement

Yeah, definitely improving week on week.
    "You've got no CHUTZPAH. Your organisational skills are lacklustre, your timing is abysmal."
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

Degag wrote: »
    Jamali is growing slightly on me week-on-week. .

I'm the same I really like him now but couldn't stand him at the start!

Really loving this series, didn't have much hope at start but it has just gotten better each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,366 ✭✭✭✭siblers

It's a pity Mike won't win the series, would love to see more of him in Champions Of Champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I'd just like to say that another thing I like about Mike is that he's worn his task outfit, admittedly just a suit, to all the live shows. I could be wrong but I think he's the first contestant to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I'd just like to say that another thing I like about Mike is that he's worn his task outfit, admittedly just a suit, to all the live shows. I could be wrong but I think he's the first contestant to do that.

The closest I can think of is Madeleine in the New Zealand version who wore the same suit for all the tasks, and then wore a different suit for all of the live shows. Makes life easier for the contestant for sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,249 ✭✭✭✭Penn

FunLover18 wrote: »

Joe Wilkinson would have done the same, maybe with some small variances in shoes or ties, but mostly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,249 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, definitely improving week on week.
    "You've got no CHUTZPAH. Your organisational skills are lacklustre, your timing is abysmal."

:D

Mike is one of those people who, I don't think anyone else in the entire world, would say what he does under the same circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

Really enjoyable episode this week. Definitely best of the series so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Dave are trying to replace Taskmaster with 'I Can't Believe It's Not Taskmaster'

David Mitchell will host Outsiders, a comedy entertainment series for channel Dave in which a group of comedians are challenged with outdoor tasks.

Six hour-long episodes are being made, with the same comedians featuring across the run of episodes.

Toussaint Douglass, Ed Gamble, Kerry Godliman, Jessica Knappett, Jamali Maddix and Lou Sanders will take part. All but Douglass have previously competed in Taskmaster.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/6347/david-mitchell-hosts-outsiders/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Skid X wrote: »
    Dave are trying to replace Taskmaster with 'I Can't Believe It's Not Taskmaster'

David Mitchell will host Outsiders, a comedy entertainment series for channel Dave in which a group of comedians are challenged with outdoor tasks.

Six hour-long episodes are being made, with the same comedians featuring across the run of episodes.

Toussaint Douglass, Ed Gamble, Kerry Godliman, Jessica Knappett, Jamali Maddix and Lou Sanders will take part. All but Douglass have previously competed in Taskmaster.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/6347/david-mitchell-hosts-outsiders/

That's a very strong lineup and Mitchell can be a good host... should be worth a watch, I'll miss alex though.

Metronome...

Metronome....

Metronome.....

Mike unbeatable surely..

Mike unbeatable surely..
    Jamali will come up with something I am predicting.
    Why not fire the poppadoms in the water and drink them....just saying....

Not enjoying tonight episode , very meeh.

appledrop wrote: »
    Not enjoying tonight episode , very meeh.
    I'm actually the opposite.
    I think my favourite episode this series albeit with a bit to go (just a smidgen ahead of last week).
    I can't wait to see Mike do the safety announcement!

Ah here, 1 leg or two, what a load of crap.

Weakest episode of the series for me.

It was really simple...as was the big version of the fold up page and take turns to draw one....but I liked them.
    Really fun episode

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I really enjoyed that last task. Greg got into it which I found funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Honestly one of the worst episodes of all time.

The worst prize task of all time. Utter shïte. This part of the show has gone to the dogs, nobody bothers trying anymore.

Graffiti task was so uninteresting. All that time for two five second payoffs. Airplane task probably sounded good on paper but it was shoulder shruggingly boring. The funniest part was a callback to last week, which says it all.

And the final task is a classic guessing game, a poor one.

Yawn. Absolute dirge of an episode.

Advertisement