Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,366 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Salt task annoyed me, just feels like they're trying to catch the contestants out.

Sarah is running away with it, don't see her being caught

Taskmaster feels like it's going downhill quite quickly, thought it was quite a poor episode

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

Zaph wrote: »
    Best episode of the series so far

Yep, I am the same. Thought it was brilliant, loved every task tonight.

Can forgive the salt task as a one-off. The fact both had leakage meant it was fair enough though.

Simple tasks make the most fun. Who would've thought it? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,918 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Think channel 4 picked this up way past its prime. Just hope they don't drag it on for too many more series if it doesn't improve.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Can forgive the salt task as a one-off. The fact both had leakage meant it was fair enough though.

Simple tasks make the most fun. Who would've thought it? :P

Was only by chance the granules went in Sarah's mouth otherwise they would have failed too. Was the same with the airport task last week, another designed so they'd fail

• Advertisement

Hurrache wrote: »
    2nd week in a row in which Lee Mack pretends he can't see something in order to play for cheap laughs.

Laughs from what audience?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

The show members and TV audience obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I think some on this thread are insane. Keeping score? The whole thing is just for laughs. It doesn’t matter who wins and it really doesn’t matter if someone wins by 100 points!

Enjoying this series

Hurrache wrote: »
    The show members and TV audience obviously.

so he deliberately messed up tasks for that? 5 claps. In anticipation it would be funny later? One of the good things about Taskmaster is that they take the tasks seriously. Not sure what tasks you even mean?

Dodge wrote: »
    I think some on this thread are insane. Keeping score? The whole thing is just for laughs. It doesn’t matter who wins and it really doesn’t matter if someone wins by 100 points!

Enjoying this series

It does to an extent because of Champion Of Champions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Dodge wrote: »

Of course it matters,

some of the contestants take it very seriously and there are any amount of podcasts and groups which rake over the scores and mis-scores.

the fact that some people treat it like the Olympics and have been trying to get a seat for years, while others couldn't care less is all part of the Taskmaster experience.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Was the ‘combination lock on the bottle cap thing’ just a bit that didn’t work? I thought initially there might be something more there.

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Was the ‘combination lock on the bottle cap thing’ just a bit that didn’t work? I thought initially there might be something more there.

Was just meant to be a distraction, worked on Lee, not the others

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Worked on me too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

so he deliberately messed up tasks for that? 5 claps. In anticipation it would be funny later? One of the good things about Taskmaster is that they take the tasks seriously. Not sure what tasks you even mean?

Neither instances messed up the task.

And it's really straightforward as to what I mean, I even posted it twice. And I'm not quite sure how long you've been watching it, they don't all take all tasks seriously.

Much better episode tonight, the bee custom task wasn't great but the rest was very good. Lee Mack is starting to come into it quite a bit too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I think the contestants are becoming much more comfortable with each other, the studio bits have improved a fair bit since the start.

My only real complaint with that episode is that there seemed to be a lot of comic potential in the everyone having their legs taped together but they only had to hop a couple of meters to put on a hat. Presumably health and safety was an issue but I would have thought they could have come up with some form of minor obstacle course or something to make it more interesting.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I think the contestants are becoming much more comfortable with each other, the studio bits have improved a fair bit since the start.

My only real complaint with that episode is that there seemed to be a lot of comic potential in the everyone having their legs taped together but they only had to hop a couple of meters to put on a hat. Presumably health and safety was an issue but I would have thought they could have come up with some form of minor obstacle course or something to make it more interesting.

Yeah, was expecting more from the second part of that task, I do think they are struggling to come up with tasks of the same quality as earlier seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The way the task was phrased about getting the captains hat (your legs must be covered at end of task) led me to think they'd have to get somewhere they'd have to remove the covering to get to (up stairs, something like that) which would have been very funny to watch them remove the stuff and then add it back on.

I would have done what Jamali did, as soon as I heard the task I assumed there was going to be a part 2.

• Advertisement

I hope Beevel Knievel gets a spin off series, there must be room somewhere for a comedy drama about an underperforming Bee Stunt Bike Performer !

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

siblers wrote: »
    Much better episode tonight, the bee custom task wasn't great but the rest was very good. Lee Mack is starting to come into it quite a bit too
    I enjoyed the whole thing.
    I loved Lee's bee custom task in fairness!

Mike with some amazing lines
    "The dull thud of disqualification"
    "It's like being kissed by someone on the cusp of death"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

Average enough episode i thought. Prize task and the Bee task were pretty poor. The Live task and the blindfold task were pretty good.

Charlotte and Sarah just don't really add much unfortunately. Looks like there may be another "bland" winner this year in the latter!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Degag wrote: »
    Average enough episode i thought. Prize task and the Bee task were pretty poor. The Live task and the blindfold task were pretty good.

Charlotte and Sarah just don't really add much unfortunately. Looks like there may be another "bland" winner this year in the latter!

Sarah's okay, Charlotte isn't great at all though. If they could rig it so that Mike won I wouldn't complain at all.

https://twitter.com/rhysjamesy/status/1384105875757887495

Rhys James would be a great contestant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Quite enjoyed Sarah Kendall on the last podcast actually, wasn't expecting it, agree that she is fairly bland on the show.

Mike Wozniak is on the next pod.

Sarah Kendall's style of comedy is very deadpan and isn't really translating to the show, enjoyed her on the podcast though

Skid X wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/rhysjamesy/status/1384105875757887495

Rhys James would be a great contestant

Ivo Graham is probably my number 1 pick

• Registered Users Posts: 33,249 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,249 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Advertisement