Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Victoria Coren Mitchell should be good, I'm not a huge Alan Davis fan, no idea who the other 3 are though

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Really like the lineup for the next series. Guz Khan and Desiree Burch have the potential to be hugely entertaining, and really looking forward to Alan Davies and VCM. Don't know Morgana Robinson at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,249 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zaph wrote: »
    Really like the lineup for the next series. Guz Khan and Desiree Burch have the potential to be hugely entertaining, and really looking forward to Alan Davies and VCM. Don't know Morgana Robinson at all.

She's kind of an impressionist, I think. Only seen her on Cats Does Countdown. She does Sonia Fowler from Eastenders character in dictionary corner every now and again. She's okay, not sure what she'll be like as herself in TM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Might as well make it official!

That's the best lineup in a while I'd say, not all to my taste but they all have funny in them for sure, shouldn't really be a 'dud' at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I would have known her as similar to dianne morgan from the charlie brooker stuff, and then she had an episode of travel man with ayoade and was good in that. I've seen more of her on chat shows/interviews than her actual tv stuff but she seems good in those casual settings which bodes well for TM.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    She's kind of an impressionist, I think. Only seen her on Cats Does Countdown. She does Sonia Fowler from Eastenders character in dictionary corner every now and again. She's okay, not sure what she'll be like as herself in TM.

I know who she is now, but I think Cats Does Countdown is probably the only thing I've seen her on. Be interesting to see what she's like as herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

She's very good as devious, man-eating Pippa Middleton in The Windsors :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,290 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Victoria Coren Mitchell. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Season 11 was a hit for me, Mike was obviously the stand out character but it was head and shoulders above season 10 but I blame COVID restrictions for that and they are forgiven. Came really good at the last 3 episodes where the tasks really stood out and looked fresh and peaked my excitement again.

Does anyone else have an issue watching live on sky where it is in SD format only? I now wait for the "catch up" episode so I can watch in HD, maybe I am a TV snob!

krissovo wrote: »
    Does anyone else have an issue watching live on sky where it is in SD format only? I now wait for the "catch up" episode so I can watch in HD, maybe I am a TV snob!

I have a free to air enigma box, so I watch it in HD live. You can add channel 4 HD to other channels though if you want to watch it live, but you won't be able to pause or rewind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

Surprised at the enthusiasm for VCM. She is a bit meh for me being truthful.

Degag wrote: »
    Surprised at the enthusiasm for VCM. She is a bit meh for me being truthful.

If you haven't done so already, listen to the Off Menu podcast when she was a guest. Ed Gamble and James Acaster have a guest on to describe their perfect meal. Over 100 episodes so far and hers is still one of the funniest.

She's also a professional poker player, so should be competitive.

They mentioned on the taskmaster podcast that season 12 will be September.

I wonder if they'll squeeze the champions of champions in between? Or more likely will it be Christmas?

dulpit wrote: »
    She's also a professional poker player, so should be competitive.

They mentioned on the taskmaster podcast that season 12 will be September.

I wonder if they'll squeeze the champions of champions in between? Or more likely will it be Christmas?

She can be very quick witted too, and could be one of those who finds the alternate way to complete a task. I think she could be great. Then again I had higher hopes for Lee Mack and he was a bit of a letdown.

I think Champion of Champions will likely be after season 12. Going by the podcast it seems they likely still haven't filmed the studio sections of it. Could be a Christmas thing, or even have another new year's celeb special, then CoC, then series 13. Give them more time to be able to bring back a live studio audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Might be of interest to some of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,060 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

VCM on Taskmaster as her hubby is doing essentially a rip off version of it on Dave. funny.

VCM on Taskmaster as her hubby is doing essentially a rip off version of it on Dave. funny.

Yeah, pity he's doing that show as I'd like to see him as a contestant on Taskmaster. Probably won't happen now.

Really hope they hold off recording the studio parts til they can have an audience and have contestants sat next to each other properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Really hope they hold off recording the studio parts til they can have an audience and have contestants sat next to each other properly.
    The teaser showed shots of them in studio, so think that ship has sailed.

Audience back for COC2 no doubt!

• Advertisement

They've said on the Taskmaster Podcast that next series is actually the first series filmed completely during restrictions, whereas most of the individual tasks for this past one (Lee, Mike etc) was filmed before lockdown and then team tasks and studio during social distancing.

It seems like they film two series at roughly the same time, so if 10 and 11 were mostly done together, I imagine the next two might have been as well.

If you haven't done so already, listen to the Off Menu podcast when she was a guest. Ed Gamble and James Acaster have a guest on to describe their perfect meal. Over 100 episodes so far and hers is still one of the funniest.

She needs to go back on one of the redemption specials

S12 won't have a live audience unfortunately

Taskmaster NZ cast announced: https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/300319416/taskmaster-nz-to-return-with-new-line-up-of-comedians

I have heard of none of them, but I hadn't heard of any of the season 1 contestants either. Article says it will be out in winter, so I assume that means our summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

Taskmaster NZ cast announced: https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/300319416/taskmaster-nz-to-return-with-new-line-up-of-comedians

I have heard of none of them, but I hadn't heard of any of the season 1 contestants either. Article says it will be out in winter, so I assume that means our summer.

Matt Heath and the host Jeremy Wells have a radio show and podcast together and its hilarious
    Listen to the podcast intro part

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/211-the-hauraki-breakfast-with-28147412/

Series 9 episodes going up one at a time on Thursday on YouTube. Hadn't seen it before, Baddiel is atrocious. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Heads-up..

.. Taskmaster NZ back this week!

Taskmaster-NZ-Season-2-scheduled-for-Wed-July-7th.png

Basq wrote: »
    Heads-up..

.. Taskmaster NZ back this week!

Taskmaster-NZ-Season-2-scheduled-for-Wed-July-7th.png

Well this is exciting news. Season 1 was a joy. Different vibe to the UK edition, but excellent all the same.

If people spot it online, please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

Well this is exciting news. Season 1 was a joy. Different vibe to the UK edition, but excellent all the same.

If people spot it online, please let me know.

Get a VPN and you can watch it on TVNZ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Taskmaster NZ is definitely the superior series these days. First 2 episodes of season two have been really great.

David Correos is a gem of a contestant, already up there with some of the greats from the Taskmaster Hall of Fame.

Advertisement