Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,366 ✭✭✭✭siblers

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I'm glad others enjoyed because I found it very meh but I really don't know whether it's the contestants or the tasks. Even Greg seems to be struggling this season to find anything to work with. Weird that they didn't just do "who can hold the most eggs" as the live task, that could have been more fun than watching people hold up cards. The argument task was like something you would have seen on Whose Line Is It Anyway (also on All4 btw), I thought it said they had 3 minutes to prepare but it really didn't feel like it.

I thought the team task was pretty poor, especially the team of 3. Team tasks don't work so well with social distancing

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thought it was a.. fine.. episode!

Balloon task didn't seem nearly as inventive as it should have been.

Team task was fun - just for the sheer randomness of the statements.

And horror movie could have been much much more.

I think what it's really missing is banter between contestants and probably only Jamali is the only one really engaging with Greg.

Wosniak is great though.. RHLTSP worth watching with him below:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,249 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Only got round to watching this today. I enjoyed that episode, thought it was much better than the first. Mike Wozniak could end up being the star of the series (and possible winner as he's taken an early lead now). He almost seems like a mix of Tim Key and Joe Wilkinson, in that there's an element of chaos with him, he's often going for laughs like Joe, but also seems cunning enough like Tim that it might pay off for him most of the time. Lee Mack is coming on bit too. The only one I'm not sure about is Charlotte Ritchie. She's a bit too nice, which was funny in the argument task, but might not serve her well going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

So much better than first episode so I'm back to looking forward to the rest of the series

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Jurgen Klopp revealed as shock potential replacement for Greg Davies in Alex Horne Bombshell (not really)

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/features/429540-alex-horne-virgil-van-dijk-great-on-taskmaster

I think he'd be putting his arm around people a lot, but he gets pretty cross and he's got high standards. I'd watch that. If Greg was out of action for a season and we got Jürgen, I mean I genuinely think that's brilliant casting. I think what Greg and Jürgen have both got is that you really want to please them, you want to play for them. Klopp’s a big guy, bigger than you expect, so I think he'd be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

film same amount of tasks, do 8 eps in the studio

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

static hair was robbed of 5 points

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I don't believe for one moment Lee Mack didn't know the balloon was there and that he wasn't just hamming it up for cheap laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,860 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Some fun this week but I think I preferred last week's.

The make the coals hiss task felt like a lot of other tasks? Chuck something at something or tie a load of crap together. Mike funny as usual.

Months of the year, I did appreciate Sarah Kendall's bizarre effort, the rest were a bit obvious bar Charlotte's clock....

The airport task I really liked, it required some thought and a few nice twists.

The in studio one was basically heads up...but lee and Mike very committed which I liked!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

I enjoyed tonight's episode especially airport task and months task.

I like them all now all unique in their own way.

• Advertisement

Mike getting 0 points for the airport task seems harsh. Didn't make it clear he needed to take water oit

Also, I thought Sarah was very lucky to get 5 points for the calendar task. Much preffered Mike's and Charlotte's effort

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Now that was a good episode!

I thought Mike and Jamali were hard done by on the security task, I don't think the liquids of passport were mentioned on the task.

"Polly Put the Kettle On you prick!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm really enjoying Jamali, him getting increasingly annoyed at Alex was fantastic.

I actually like them all (well I'd swap Sarah out for someone more entertaining maybe) which definitely helps with the enjoyment ot the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

Jamali grew slightly on me this week. I did enjoy the annoyance with Alex.

I just think he tries far too hard to be antagonistic towards Greg in the studio - just sounds way too forced and not funny most of the time.

I'm really enjoying Jamali, him getting increasingly annoyed at Alex was fantastic.

I actually like them all (well I'd swap Sarah out for someone more entertaining maybe) which definitely helps with the enjoyment ot the season.

Sarah is real down on herself.

I think Jamali is genuinely annoyed by Alex. It makes is more entertainment.

Sarah is up there as one of the most forgettable contestants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I switched off about two ad breaks in to the edition. Channel 4 have got a property just as it was reaching the point where everyone making it has got bored with it. It'll have to be gone or retooled after this run ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The Channel 4 run has been seriously hurt by Covid. The lack of audience really flattens the studio atmosphere both by having contestants physically apart (which reduces interactivity) and by having no audience for the contestants to play off; the final tasks of the show are severely limited; and the team tasks are just awful.

I'm inclined to give the show the benefit of the doubt that it's doing its best given the hand its been dealt. I do think post-covid it'll return to form but I am still enjoying it a lot. And I think Channel 4 will back it up through to a post covid world at the least.

The Channel 4 run has been seriously hurt by Covid. The lack of audience really flattens the studio atmosphere both by having contestants physically apart (which reduces interactivity) and by having no audience for the contestants to play off; the final tasks of the show are severely limited; and the team tasks are just awful.

I'm inclined to give the show the benefit of the doubt that it's doing its best given the hand its been dealt. I do think post-covid it'll return to form but I am still enjoying it a lot. And I think Channel 4 will back it up through to a post covid world at the least.
    Bigly but they seem to be blasting ahead with production, I'd rather they held til they can get the audience back in for the next series or even Champion of Champions

• Advertisement

The lack of audience has certainly made lee Mack much quieter. Or it just doesn’t suit him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The lack of audience has certainly made lee Mack much quieter. Or it just doesn’t suit him.

Massively so. The pumped in laughter covers how eerie it is in there (as seen in the outtake videos). Very little to feed off.

Hopefully the live crowd will help the contestants come to life in future seasons.

While S11 is an improvement on S10, its hasn't been anything special, Mike Wozniak and Greg have been carrying it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,860 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Skin time!...what you cant take away from me is I had a lovely day!
    Fun tasks this week, best episode of this season for me didn't miss crowd.
    Like the banana one and the salt/sugar one especially.
    Lee with the loo roll ha

More Mike Wozniak needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,249 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Great episode. Poor Lee :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Best episode of the series so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Sarah Kendall dominating the series so far, you'd hope she will have a few stinkers at some stage soon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Really enjoyed tonight's episode. Especially the 2 clangers for poor Lee.

You'd hope Sarah doesn't run away with this though..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Think I'm watching a different show as haven't enjoyed any episodes this series really.

Wosniak is the saving grace but even Greg isn't really as good as he typically has been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

2nd week in a row in which Lee Mack pretends he can't see something in order to play for cheap laughs.

Advertisement