Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 1 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

phatkev wrote: »
    Julio is money! 6 receptions, 66 yards and a TD

Julio Diablo! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The NFC East is the new NFC South

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Did you see them last night? Way to early to be making statements like that.

They didn't look bad at all, both lines were dominant and when the offense had to get going they absolutely cruised. Romo looked excellent and got an armchair ride from his pass protection. I agree it's too early for those statements but they've picked up right where they left off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,060 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Murray running from the shotgun has looked very ill thought out, better hope they can make some big adjustments at HT or this is only going to get worse for the Eagles. Falcons showing a lot of passion and looking pretty good out there

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

i mean we struggled against the jags in game 1 last year and blew them up in the second half so i guess that could be a thing :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

matthew8 wrote: »
    They didn't look bad at all, both lines were dominant and when the offense had to get going they absolutely cruised. Romo looked excellent and got an armchair ride from his pass protection. I agree it's too early for those statements but they've picked up right where they left off.

This is the game where the Giants threw it away right?? That one... the one where the cowboys made numerous mistakes and lost their best player for 4-6 weeks... i think we watched a different game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The NFC East is the new NFC South

Which was the new NFC West which was the new NFC East, if memory serves. So it's all coming full circle, apart from one pesky small town team in the NFC North who keep breaking the perfect cycle!

Yeah, that's right... I'm looking at YOU, Chicago! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Pre-season eh...

Philly all hype and no substance I wonder

Bateman wrote: »
    Pre-season eh...

Philly all hype and no substance I wonder

They look very poor so far for sure.

This is the game where the Giants threw it away right?? That one... the one where the cowboys made numerous mistakes and lost their best player for 4-6 weeks... i think we watched a different game.

They made 3 mistakes no team makes on a consistent basis that gifted a lead to the Giants. They won't make those every week. Even the commentators were astonished for the Giants to be leading at half time. Dez is a loss but they managed to go 72 yards in 87 seconds without him to win the game. If they protect as well as they did last night they'll cope.

• Advertisement

Wow... bad times.

Wow... bad times.

ya **** this game so far

WOW... crazy crazy stuff.. tho flag calls it back. wow.

Thats likely the game there...

The play calling by the Eagles is beyond bad tonight. Shocking stuff.

Matty gets away with one and instantly makes it count, game over ladies and gents

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Maxwell is confirming what everyone knew before tonight also, aka, seriously overpaid for him (this pleases me)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

They ran the football :eek:

At the most pointless time

Odds on Bradford being benched?

Maxwell is confirming what everyone knew before tonight also, aka, seriously overpaid for him (this pleases me)

Yeah but everyone knows they overpaid, even the Eagles brass knew it. They needed the upgrade at CB tho so had to do it. Its not the kind of contract that will stop them keeping players etc so its not that bad.

Also in fairness who can cover Julio one on one... how can we be calling these plays...

Bad play calls + awful awful execution = this.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Falcons up 17 at the half and yet that still seems kind to the Eagles.

Chip Kelly would want to have a very quick re-think about how he's utilising the run game, specifically Murray. He had 4 carries in that half. 4! What is the point in paying the sort of money they did for him and then not give him the ball?

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Falcons up 17 at the half and yet that still seems kind to the Eagles.

Chip Kelly would want to have a very quick re-think about how he's utilising the run game, specifically Murray. He had 4 carries in that half. 4! What is the point in paying the sort of money they did for him and then not give him the ball?

Yup it makes no sense... Chip has done this before and had the same results. We're a great O when we establish the run but this is easy for the Falcons. They can establish pressure as its obvious.

Murray is a work horse, he should be given the ball a hell of a lot more in the second half, but he would be far more effective in the I formation imho.

Need to turn this into 7.

Get in... now continue to run the fupping ball.

Another defensive stand and you never know... but its the hope that gets ya.

Thank **** for that

Get in... now continue to run the fupping ball.

Another defensive stand and you never know... but its the hope that gets ya.
    I'd take a good performance at this stage

nerd69 wrote: »
    I'd take a good performance at this stage

Yeah its ridic unlikely but if we can get it back to 3 points doubt could creep into the falcons minds. Still no idea how we'll stop Julio. Not leaving Maxwell on an island would be a good start tho.

Big stop and then the punter nails a 62 yarder. Eagles need a good drive here.

Matt Ryan with a shocking start to the second half. Bradford and co still have to show they can put a drive together, but the early score at least keeps the playbook open for the Eagles, as opposed to being forced to pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,015 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Is Agholor even playing today?

Advertisement